+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mick cant go were skint

Re: Mick cant go were skint

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Somehow there's still a sizeable portion of fans who love Warnock, despite him playing a huge role in creating our current mess
    Galvanised the fanbase, got us promotion, very unlucky not too keek us up. Let's no forget the positives.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Galvanised the fanbase, got us promotion, very unlucky not too keek us up. Let's no forget the positives.
    Yes you could also argue that if he hadn't have dragged us up when he did, then we'd have been going through this pain 3 years ago as our parachute payments were going to run out then. It is remarkable that he was only here for just over 3 years, and in that time managed to turn around a relegation threatened side, drag us up to an unlikely promotion, almost stay up in the premier league, but also leave us a lot worse than he took over, with an overpaid and unbalanced squad that were the oldest in the league, and didn't bring any youngsters through. we've had the full Warnock experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yes you could also argue that if he hadn't have dragged us up when he did, then we'd have been going through this pain 3 years ago as our parachute payments were going to run out then. It is remarkable that he was only here for just over 3 years, and in that time managed to turn around a relegation threatened side, drag us up to an unlikely promotion, almost stay up in the premier league, but also leave us a lot worse than he took over, with an overpaid and unbalanced squad that were the oldest in the league, and didn't bring any youngsters through. we've had the full Warnock experience.
    Don’t disagree with any of that but isn’t it funny how the squad he left is with was unbalanced but still looks a lot better balanced than what we have now.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Putting someone on garden leave means they just don’t come in to work and you won’t allow them to work for anyone else.
    You don’t actually save anything you still pay him what you do now every month.
    Unless he has a hefty win bonus which means you save that I guess.

Just reading the other parts of it.

That Sam Hammam is a bit of a prick isn’t he?
    Still sniffing around for cash after all the shite he’s caused in the past??
    Whoosh. You big pharma apologist.

Somehow there's still a sizeable portion of fans who love Warnock, despite him playing a huge role in creating our current mess
    His comments re. Brexit were too much for me. I had and still have reservations about his character.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I think you missed this bit from the article:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...d-yet-21928168

Paying him off shouldn't be an issue as Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman tends to be quite shrewd with inserting break clauses in these kind of deals.

Of course that is just Paul Abbandonato speculating, so maybe a worthless opinion.
    In another WOL article on Warnocks return he mentions that dalmat is still a friend so maybe Warnock is advising to keep mick as he will come good 🤔

It would help if the club would communicate something - the silence as ever is deafening

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Neil Warnock is like Harry Redknapp.
    If you look purely at the time they spend at a club you think they do a good job.

But if you look at the periods after they leave a club they leave it in ruins with no plan.

Portsmouth and Birmingham almost went bankrupt after Redknapp left.

Rotherham and Sheffield United both went down after Warnock.
    He’s left Cardiff in a worse shape too.

Yet both are always talked of as “good managers” but are they really?

Neil Warnock is like Harry Redknapp.
    If you look purely at the time they spend at a club you think they do a good job.

But if you look at the periods after they leave a club they leave it in ruins with no plan.

Portsmouth and Birmingham almost went bankrupt after Redknapp left.

Rotherham and Sheffield United both went down after Warnock.
    He’s left Cardiff in a worse shape too.

Yet both are always talked of as “good managers” but are they really?
    Spot on Jursset..
    You could add Qpr and soon Boro if they are not careful.
    Yet tomorrow the brainwashed section of our fans will give him an heroes welcome..
    The man is a false poisonous shit stirring horrible fake piece of work

Putting someone on garden leave means they just don’t come in to work and you won’t allow them to work for anyone else.
    You don’t actually save anything you still pay him what you do now every month.
    Unless he has a hefty win bonus which means you save that I guess.

Just reading the other parts of it.

That Sam Hammam is a bit of a prick isn’t he?
    Still sniffing around for cash after all the shite he’s caused in the past??
    Since when has massive been spelt b.i.t??

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Spot on Jursset..
    You could add Qpr and soon Boro if they are not careful.
    Yet tomorrow the brainwashed section of our fans will give him an heroes welcome..
    The man is a false poisonous shit stirring horrible fake piece of work
    Best manager Cardiff City have had in my memory of going to games is Dave Jones.

Say what you like about him, those were fking decent Cardiff teams that I always thought would win when we played them (and they invariably did).

They were good to watch too.

Best manager Cardiff City have had in my memory of going to games is Dave Jones.

Say what you like about him, those were fking decent Cardiff teams that I always thought would win when we played them (and they invariably did).

They were good to watch too.
    Did you stay to watch the whole 6-0 win at Trashton?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Did you stay to watch the whole 6-0 win at Trashton?
    I didn’t go to that thankfully.

I walked out the other year at the Hawthorns at 4-1 so I can’t imagine I would have stayed.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    He has a lot of faults but he will forever rank among my favourites if not my favourite city manager.

A lot of City fans may well agree with you , he did us no harm he got us up In incredible circumstances, he will go down as one of Britain's finest managers ,not in a purist way, but in a man management and fan engagement one.

His time with was very memorable to say the least and gave us such a lift after the two before him .

Positiveness and this board don't always come hand in hand .