+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DMT/Ayahuasca

DMT/Ayahuasca

Anyone tried these, if so what were your experiences?

Re: DMT/Ayahuasca

No one, or are you just not admitting it? How many, like me, had to google DMT/Ayahuasca to understand the question?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    No one, or are you just not admitting it? How many, like me, had to google DMT/Ayahuasca to understand the question?
    mljy5c07lp321.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    No I haven't tried it; I'm too shit scared to do so but I'm fascinated by it and love to hear people's personal experiences of it. It's not properly understood and I'm intrigued about the nature of it. Not for the faint hearted though so that counts me out.

Made popular by Joe Rogan

Why would anyone take that level of risk

I was talking recently to a younger bloke at work who had done DMT. Apparently, many people who do it have similar themes in their trips. Interesting. But not for me.

Some of my mates were into all this back in the early 90’s, rave days etc when LSD was popular. They were deeply into it and were in touch with Timothy Leary and stuff, brought ketamine back from India (in water bottles) before most people even knew what it was.
    I vaguely recall doing ayahuasca at Glastonbury once but my memory of that few days is sketchy to say the least. Also, a few I know who had issues with brown got into DMT to try and free themselves of addiction. Heavy shit

It's not Dextromethorphan is it DMT - if not then no, I haven't done it.

apparently its as close to a near death experience as you can get without experiencing a near death experience

it releases the chemicals that allow you to accept death....

“I’d be scared”.

“Scared of what?”

“Scared of dying, I guess. Of falling into the void”.

“They say you fly when you die”.

A friend of mine tried Ayahuasca when he was travelling around South America. Had a pretty intense experience by the sounds of it, not in a good way.

Did DMT when I was younger, absolutely brilliant experience.

Can someone delete this thread. There are probably people in their young teens viewing this.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Can someone delete this thread. There are probably people in their young teens viewing this.
    I'm sure they will be heavily influenced by some middle aged guys on ccmb.

Average age on here is 64 so no worries

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Average age on here is 64 so no worries
    Your'e probably right. I'd just hate to think a young kid would read about someone having 'a brilliant experience' on this drug, and be tempted to try it himself. Personally, I'd rather see a thread like this blocked rather than banning swearing. All down to having kids and grandchildren, I suppose.

Your'e probably right. I'd just hate to think a young kid would read about someone having 'a brilliant experience' on this drug, and be tempted to try it himself. Personally, I'd rather see a thread like this blocked rather than banning swearing. All down to having kids and grandchildren, I suppose.
    Someone asked a question and I answered it honestly. What else would you expect me to say? That I had a shit time? Because I didn't.

I have spoken.

I couldn't agree more

More influenced by their mates or people they meet the same age. Most people I knew just took e’s and stuff, drinking was a sideshow to the main event always. I had some of the best times in my life taking things the government deemed illegal, had a few dodgy ones too mind. DMT, acid, mushrooms, hallucinagenics etc are a different world though, not for the faint heart or for those who aren’t quite mentally strong, any issues upstairs will arise more than likely. Saw plenty of casualties along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Someone asked a question and I answered it honestly. What else would you expect me to say? That I had a shit time? Because I didn't.

I have spoken.
    Lucky you are still here by the sound of it. Not quite sure why anyone would want to try these in the first place. Also not quite sure why the OP would raise this on a football forum either.

if you think anyone under 20 reads this board you're off your head

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Lucky you are still here by the sound of it. Not quite sure why anyone would want to try these in the first place. Also not quite sure why the OP would raise this on a football forum either.
    To be expected with your tiny Tory mind; I feel so sorry for you Mehmet

Quote Originally Posted by Ras Malai View Post
    apparently its as close to a near death experience as you can get without experiencing a near death experience

it releases the chemicals that allow you to accept death....

“I’d be scared”.

“Scared of what?”

“Scared of dying, I guess. Of falling into the void”.

“They say you fly when you die”.
    That's really interesting Ras and thanks for your contribution. Recent studies appear to confirm your viewpoint. As DMT is produced naturally in many mammals it would suggest there is an evolutionary advantage to it, maybe to help the transition from life to death. On the other hand, as so little is known about it, there remains the possibility it opens a portal to another, maybe eternal reality. If nothing else this is fascinating stuff.

I'm surprised by you Monkfish as you appear to be so Right Wing in most of your threads. I thought you sort of people were opposed to censorship!

You have no need to fear about any teens, both DMT and Ayahuasca are incredibly difficulty to source and well beyond the resources of your average teen. However, I'm sure you, as something of a free thinker, would not wish to deny younger people the right to explore reality itself?

As for worrying about your children and grandchildren, have you ever thought they may have different mindsets to your own? So why try to predetermine the course of life of others who are not you? Surely they have the right to determine their own destiny?

The machine elves are great guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I'm surprised by you Monkfish as you appear to be so Right Wing in most of your threads. I thought you sort of people were opposed to censorship!

You have no need to fear about any teens, both DMT and Ayahuasca are incredibly difficulty to source and well beyond the resources of your average teen. However, I'm sure you, as something of a free thinker, would not wish to deny younger people the right to explore reality itself?

As for worrying about your children and grandchildren, have you ever thought they may have different mindsets to your own? So why try to predetermine the course of life of others who are not you? Surely they have the right to determine their own destiny?
    No offence to Monkfish but a mention on this site is equivalent to seeing it written in a leaflet from the NHS

Kids will be seeing it discussed on how, where and what to consume on so many other platforms not least Reddit and 4chan which is much more popular and highly unregulated.

Its apparently so difficult to source you’d have to know your beans about it anyway just to be in that position