+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 MIDDLESBROUGH. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 MIDDLESBROUGH. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    How do you know he was treated very poorly by club?
    He was promised a coaching role

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    He was promised a coaching role
    By who?

Ask him

Ask him
    So, you don't know?

So, you don't know?
    I have faith in his word

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    At least "Danny Showers" occupied defenders and eventually found his level in whats now league 2 with Bournemouth and Pompey. Forgot Harris was on the pitch today to be honest.
    So did I, apart from when he had that clear opportunity to run into the box, virtually unchallenged and decided to go inside. Would Josh Murphy had done any worse?

I have faith in his word
    According to his 'word' he found out he was not being offered another contract via Twitter.
    However, Mick McCarthy strongly refuted that version of events and said he most definitely did tell Bamba personally that there wasn't a coaching job for him and that he wouldn't be offered a contract as a player.

But I suppose because we're all pissed off with Mick McCarthy and the poor results, it's better to doubt his word than Bamba's, right?

According to his 'word' he found out he was not being offered another contract via Twitter.
    However, Mick McCarthy strongly refuted that version of events and said he most definitely did tell Bamba personally that there wasn't a coaching job for him and that he wouldn't be offered a contract as a player.

But I suppose because we're all pissed off with Mick McCarthy and the poor results, it's better to doubt his word than Bamba's, right?
    I'm more than happy for him to have had a during match cheer and applause merely on him having bounced back so strong from having had a battle with cancer on his hands followed by being let go against his wishes by his employer of 6 years. If you aren't that's your bag.

I'm more than happy for him to have had a during match cheer and applause merely on him having bounced back so strong from having had a battle with cancer on his hands followed by being let go against his wishes by his employer of 6 years. If you aren't that's your bag.
    Being let go against HIS wishes? That's how football works, it is not about sentiment. You're deemed surplus to requirements, you get released. He's in for a shock, because there'll come a time when Middlesbrough will deliver him the same unpalatable news.

Being let go against HIS wishes? That's how football works, it is not about sentiment. You're deemed surplus to requirements, you get released. He's in for a shock, because there'll come a time when Middlesbrough will deliver him the same unpalatable news.
    I had no misgivings about that being how employment works in any work role. Football certainly isn't about sentiment, life is however.

Anyway, I will take up your suggestion of asking So, l who it was that promised him a coaching job, the next time I have an evening out with him...

Anyway, I will take up your suggestion of asking So, l who it was that promised him a coaching job, the next time I have an evening out with him...
    Don't quite follow you

I had no misgivings about that being how employment works in any work role. Football certainly isn't about sentiment, life is however.
    Right, so we can agree that football isn't about sentiment and the the decision was taken on a player who is 36 and probably one of the higher wage earners at the club.

To me it makes perfect sense to release him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    So did I, apart from when he had that clear opportunity to run into the box, virtually unchallenged and decided to go inside. Would Josh Murphy had done any worse?
    Josh Murphy is a far better player than Harris.

Right, so we can agree that football isn't about sentiment and the the decision was taken on a player who is 36 and probably one of the higher wage earners at the club.

To me it makes perfect sense to release him.
    Great to me it makes little sense raising one's blood pressure about giving an ovation to a player who has successfully gotten through a cancer battle and was told he was no longer required - when we were already 2-0 down and way outclassed with most of the match gone with a manager and club management who just aren't cutting it with whatever they have decided.

Don't quite follow you
    When I asked you how you knew that Bamba had been promised a coaching role at the club, you replied... "Ask him".
    Of course, you know that's hardly likely, given that I'm in China. My reply was somewhat sarcastic and intended to be, in response to such a ridiculous suggestion from you.

Your reply didn't make any sense in English

Great to me it makes little sense raising one's blood pressure about giving an ovation to a player who has successfully gotten through a cancer battle and was told he was no longer required - when we were already 2-0 down and way outclassed with most of the match gone with a manager and club management who just aren't cutting it with whatever they have decided.
    How fitting it would have been if he'd managed to score from that corner, eh!
    My point is - there is a time to acknowledge an ex-player, but when they're looking to get on the end of a set-piece (which Bamba has proved very adept at doing) and score against you, I would say the timing is not right.

Your reply didn't make any sense in English
    Is English your first language?

How fitting it would have been if he'd managed to score from that corner, eh!
    My point is - there is a time to acknowledge an ex-player, but when they're looking to get on the end of a set-piece (which Bamba has proved very adept at doing) and score against you, I would say the timing is not right.
    Yeah as I say under most circumstances I'd agree with you.

Not today.

Is English your first language?
    It's one of 4

It's one of 4
    Polyglot, huh!

Polyglot, huh!
    Well I have a son called Ragnar so had to add the 4th to speak Swedish with him

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    And "You're just a shit Neil Warnock"
    Oof!

I bet Neil loved that.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Oof!

I bet Neil loved that.
    The egotistical little prick loved every second

The cheering from the Canton when he did that wind up thing to us was embarrassing from both our fans and him