+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 MIDDLESBROUGH. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 MIDDLESBROUGH. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I don’t think he’s (Colwill) good enough.
    Really? I think its clear that he's a good footballer, but raw and needs work on his decisions

Crikey, just got in thinking I’d follow the footy this pm just to find out we were on early and predictably lost already. Grim times. Was it on tv?

MM not available post match, twitter suggesting there'll be an announcement from the club shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    MM not available post match, twitter suggesting there'll be an announcement from the club shortly.
    He did a post match interview on Sky

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He did a post match interview on Sky
    Press conference is different.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Really? I think its clear that he's a good footballer, but raw and needs work on his decisions
    He is not good enough for us at this time to ensure Championship football. Same for Bagan

Sacked, just announced

Malky Mackay 17 June 2011 27 December 2013
    David Kerslake * 27 December 2013 2 January 2014
    Ole Gunnar Solskjær 2 January 2014 18 September 2014
    Danny Gabbidon & Scott Young *[c] 18 September 2014 5 October 2014
    Russell Slade 5 October 2014 7 May 2016
    Paul Trollope 18 May 2016 4 October 2016
    Neil Warnock 5 October 2016 11 November 2019
    Neil Harris 16 November 2019 21 January 2021
    Mick McCarthy 22 January 2021 23 october 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Our fans chanting Warnock's name are idiots. We're in this mess because of all the crap players he signed the summer after we got relegated from the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Our fans chanting Warnock's name are idiots. We're in this mess because of all the crap players he signed the summer after we got relegated from the Premier League.
    I had a poor reception on my Internet stream, so the sound quality wasn't so good.
    I heard fans chanting "There's only one Neil Warnock" please tell me that was the Middlesbrough fans?
    If it wasn't, then some of our fans are brain-dead! Just like when Bamba had stepped up for a Boro corner and the Canton stand asked him to do the ayatollah. I mean, if you're going to to do that, do it in the pre-match warm up, ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I do think when we look back in a few years we’ll say, to be fair to mick he brought through a load of the youth. No other manager has even attempted when the pressures on he still does it
    Because he has **** all else. How can you praise that. My ****ing lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I had a poor reception on my Internet stream, so the sound quality wasn't so good.
    I heard fans chanting "There's only one Neil Warnock" please tell me that was the Middlesbrough fans?
    If it wasn't, then some of our fans are brain-dead! Just like when Bamba had stepped up for a Boro corner and the Canton stand asked him to do the ayatollah. I mean, if you're going to to do that, do it in the pre-match warm up, ffs.
    They were chanting "You're a shit Neil Warnock" to McCarthy.
    What's wrong with asking Bamba to do the Ayatollah? It's not our fault if he is stupid enough to do it during the game.

I should have added that I lay a lot of the blame for this malaise firmly at the feet of Neil Warnock.
    He's set us back years with the players he brought and his 'short termism' approach to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    They were chanting "You're a shit Neil Warnock" to McCarthy.
    What's wrong with asking Bamba to do the Ayatollah? It's not our fault if he is stupid enough to do it during the game.
    I didn't say there was anything wrong with asking Bamba to do the Ayatollah. Read what I said... "If you're going to ask him to do that, do it in the pre-match warm up". You don't do it when he's about to take up a position to score against us and make him feel 7 foot tall in the process!

I didn't say there was anything wrong with asking Bamba to do the Ayatollah. Read what I said... "If you're going to ask him to do that, do it in the pre-match warm up". You don't do it when he's about to take up a position to score against us and make him feel 7 foot tall in the process!
    Asking him to do it when he should be concentrating on the game might just distract him from the job he should be doing.

Asking him to do it when he should be concentrating on the game might just distract him from the job he should be doing.
    It was while waiting for a corner to be taken. The ball wasn't in play.

Shame we couldn’t score in the 10 minute purple patch. Apart from that, very little attempt to impose ourselves on the game. No wonder we haven’t scored in a first half, the mindset doesn’t even think about doing so.
    Last edited by Dave Blue; 23-10-21 at 15:45. Reason: Typo

It was while waiting for a corner to be taken. The ball wasn't in play.
    Haven't you noticed that players don't stand around having a chat waiting for a corner, they get in position, wrestle with defenders, try to work out where the person talking the corner is going to play the ball? Doing the ayatollah might just distract players.

Perhaps the Board should think the unthinkable and take advice from whoever it is in Swansea who have appointed their series of excellent managers in the last few years.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v MIDDLESBROUGH. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    For me the most interesting thing about that game was that Warnock was not the long ball manager we all thought he was. Another of my observations is that Mark Harris reminds me of Derek Showers - all huff and puff with little else. Apart from that this is a game that will live in the memory for all of the wrong reasons.
    At least "Danny Showers" occupied defenders and eventually found his level in whats now league 2 with Bournemouth and Pompey. Forgot Harris was on the pitch today to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Perhaps the Board should think the unthinkable and take advice from whoever it is in Swansea who have appointed their series of excellent managers in the last few years.
    Endless passing around the defence is as tedious as watching the ball being hoofed down the field to no one in particular.

Normally yes but very odd circumstances, the teams efforts were very much dead by then I don't think there was much risk of it throwing a draw or loss at the time. The bloke is an absolute legend treated very poorly by the club, Mick can say all he wants about telling him personally but after all he has been through the chap deserved feeling 7ft tall and there could be no better than during a match when your well on top already.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Normally yes but very odd circumstances, the teams efforts were very much dead by then I don't think there was much risk of it throwing a draw or loss at the time. The bloke is an absolute legend treated very poorly by the club, Mick can say all he wants about telling him personally but after all he has been through the chap deserved feeling 7ft tall and there could be no better than during a match when your well on top already.
    How do you know he was treated very poorly by club?

Haven't you noticed that players don't stand around having a chat waiting for a corner, they get in position, wrestle with defenders, try to work out where the person talking the corner is going to play the ball? Doing the ayatollah might just distract players.
    It was an action that took all of about three seconds to perform, while the ball was out of play. That's hardly likely to distract a seasoned professional like Sol Bamba.