+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little did I know 59 years ago, aged 9. Tomorrow will be a big day!

Little did I know 59 years ago, aged 9. Tomorrow will be a big day!

My dad took me to my first City match. I stood on the wall at the back of the Bob Bank, Grange end.
    And so the love affair began. A roller coaster 59 years with more downs than ups and here we are again.

My sons became City fans and then this season my two grandsons, 11 & 8, who wear their blue shirts with pride at every opportunity in an area where the blue is Chelsea, got their season tickets.

Tomorrow they will be among our Mascots.

Re: Little did I know 59 years ago, aged 9. Tomorrow will be a big day!

Hope they enjoy their day tomorrow :)

Fantastic

Hope you all have a great day, perhaps your Grandkids can claim some credit if Big Mick gets the Spanish archer.

City didn't play on Saturday 20th Oct 1962 - nearest was the following Saturday, at home to Sc*nthorpe United. City won 4-0 ! My 1st season also..

Brilliant. Hope they have a great day.
    Wouldn't it be fantastic to think that, in 59 years time, they could be posting on a forum about how their grandad took them to a game at which they were mascots and ran out onto the pitch with team.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    City didn't play on Saturday 20th Oct 1962 - nearest was the following Saturday, at home to Sc*nthorpe United. City won 4-0 ! My 1st season also..
    Where did I say it was 59 years tomorrow?

Fantastic.
    One disappointment for me, living some distance away from CCS, with a family who have no interest in football, that I may never take my 7 year old grandson to CCS.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    My dad took me to my first City match. I stood on the wall at the back of the Bob Bank, Grange end.
    And so the love affair began. A roller coaster 59 years with more downs than ups and here we are again.

My sons became City fans and then this season my two grandsons, 11 & 8, who wear their blue shirts with pride at every opportunity in an area where the blue is Chelsea, got their season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Brilliant. Hope they have a great day.
    Wouldn't it be fantastic to think that, in 59 years time, they could be posting on a forum about how their grandad took them to a game at which they were mascots and ran out onto the pitch with team.
    That’s a thought��

Brilliant!!

26th of February 2022 will be 50 years for me

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Staggering isn’t it.
    Listening out for the results on Sport Report when City were away.
    Getting to the Newsagent to be there as the Pink un arrived.
    Then following the scores on Teletext
    ……

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post

A huge day, hopefully MM will be gone.

Can they play centre half?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Can they play centre half?

Congratulations to Blueaway

Fantastic, hope you all have a great day.

Fantastic. Hope you have a great day.

Nothing better than sharing the love of the club with your family and friends. Even if it seems there are more downs than ups

My kids are all 4th generation Bluebirds. Next spring I’m hoping to take my brother’s grandson - who will be 5th generation.

Taking my 3 year old and his 10 year old cousin to their first game today. Hope you have a good day.

Poor kids.

But great stuff Blueaway, hope they enjoy it.

How old are you now 'en?

Love this

Hopefully they will be posting in decades to come how their grandfather and his "mates" on a City messageboard were at their lowest ebb when their big day as mascots dramatically altered their team's fortunes forever.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Love this

Hopefully they will be posting in decades to come how their grandfather and his "mates" on a City messageboard were at their lowest ebb when their big day as mascots dramatically altered their team's fortunes forever.

👍

I remember my mates first game,Colchester away when we won 4-2, early nineties i think. He loved it,bouncing up and down to Eddie May's barmy army. you would not expect it from him as he was a mormon and very religious.