+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trains from Heath / llanhishen

Trains from Heath / llanhishen

What’s happened to the normal service ? Used to be a direct train that went straight to Nubian park. Faced with 2 changes and a 55 min trip.

Bus it is today.

Re: Trains from Heath / llanhishen

I've never known that to go to Ninian Park.

Grangetown yes

Always got on at Heath lower and straight through to ninian park then. Not sure if that was the llanhishen train but always got it at Heath lower.

Yeah Heath Lower, Queen Street, Central, Ninian Park in 19 minutes, lovely job

Sorry was thinking heath high level

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Always got on at Heath lower and straight through to ninian park then. Not sure if that was the llanhishen train but always got it at Heath lower.

It’s the Coryton to Radyr train

I think the service has stopped on a Saturday.
    Shame really didn’t pay most of the time

Trains from Heath Low Level (that start at Coryton) are now too and from Cardiff Bay for some reason.

High High Level (Llanishen, Caerphilly etc) tend to go to Grangetown which works. And the Grange pub is a decent option.

Sounds like this needs clarification. I've thought about using this service, but a mate told me that the Saturday trains are always packed on match day, and sometimes you can't get on the train. Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Sounds like this needs clarification. I've thought about using this service, but a mate told me that the Saturday trains are always packed on match day, and sometimes you can't get on the train. Is this true?
    Not at all mate. I get on at Heath Low level, never been unable to get a seat, 20 minutes and I'm walking down to the ground. Your only decision is for the way back. Either get the train just after 5 (means leaving slightly early at times) or wait til the one just after 6. There's always the option to go to Grangetown but I'd imagine that's busier.
    I've not once not been able to get on, I've only started taking the train this season though and the crowds haven't exactly been bumper 😂

Thanks for all the posts.

Looks like direct to Grnagetown from Heath high level is the best option.

Failing that , it’s change at central and wait 20 mins for the one down to ninian park.

The bus is a total lottery after the game. Not too bad going down , but nightmare getting back.

Thanks for all the posts.

Looks like direct to Grnagetown from Heath high level is the best option.

Failing that , it’s change at central and wait 20 mins for the one down to ninian park.

The bus is a total lottery after the game. Not too bad going down , but nightmare getting back.
    Heath Low Level is direct with no change. I don't understand why you're obsessed with Heath High Level which is a 2 minute walk away. 😂 Am I missing something?

AMENDMENT - I just checked my train app and it seems changes have been made to that service 🤷🤷

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Heath Low Level is direct with no change. I don't understand why you're obsessed with Heath High Level which is a 2 minute walk away. 😂 Am I missing something?

AMENDMENT - I just checked my train app and it seems changes have been made to that service 🤷🤷
    Yeah I’ve been on the Heath low level to ninian train all season , probably same train as you. I was surprised to see it wasn’t running as normal yesterday.

Not obsessed by any means just want to be able to get to the stadium. Seems the best option as I mentioned earlier is HHL to grangetown.

Yeah I’ve been on the Heath low level to ninian train all season , probably same train as you. I was surprised to see it wasn’t running as normal yesterday.

Not obsessed by any means just want to be able to get to the stadium. Seems the best option as I mentioned earlier is HHL to grangetown.
    Yeah apologies obsessed was the wrong word and it's my fault for not properly reading the post haha. Well that's a bastard, if they have taken it away.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Yeah apologies obsessed was the wrong word and it's my fault for not properly reading the post haha. Well that's a bastard, if they have taken it away.
    No worries mate. Yeah was good service that. At be we should start a 2 man petition.

No worries mate. Yeah was good service that. At be we should start a 2 man petition.
    🤣🤣 it was always decently full, I've only just started using it and they take it away 🤣

Looks like it might only be a temporary disruption.

This was on TFW website

City Line / Coryton line:

An increase to two services per hour. However due to essential restoration work to a town centre railway bridge, there will be no direct services* between Coryton and Radyr. Services will run between Coryton and Cardiff Bay and between Radyr and Cardiff Central. Please use other services to connect between Cardiff Queen Street and Cardiff Central.

* with the exception of the direct 0745 Coryton to Radyr and 1459 Radyr to Coryton services (Monday – Friday).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Looks like it might only be a temporary disruption.

This was on TFW website

City Line / Coryton line:

An increase to two services per hour. However due to essential restoration work to a town centre railway bridge, there will be no direct services* between Coryton and Radyr. Services will run between Coryton and Cardiff Bay and between Radyr and Cardiff Central. Please use other services to connect between Cardiff Queen Street and Cardiff Central.

* with the exception of the direct 0745 Coryton to Radyr and 1459 Radyr to Coryton services (Monday – Friday).
    Ah thank you Mike. 👏

I think the Coryton - Bay - Coryton change is at least semi-permanent until anything more than a half hourly service to the Bay can be justified. WFH is really damaging sustainable transport networks.

More widely it's shocking how unco-ordinated the club, TfW and Cardiff Council are on getting more of us to get the train to games.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I think the Coryton - Bay - Coryton change is at least semi-permanent until anything more than a half hourly service to the Bay can be justified. WFH is really damaging sustainable transport networks.

More widely it's shocking how unco-ordinated the club, TfW and Cardiff Council are on getting more of us to get the train to games.

TfW and organisation of and communication about trains on match days are best viewed when Wales rugby are playing. Central station is a disaster area especially after the game ends

It's Temporary until Network Rail fix the bridge that's stopping the Cardiff Bay service going to and from Queens St platform 1/Cardiff Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    It's Temporary until Network Rail fix the bridge that's stopping the Cardiff Bay service going to and from Queens St platform 1/Cardiff Bay
    4 years then? 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    Nice one. Hopefully the work be fixed done soon. But I’m not optimistic.

The options of getting back and fore the stadium are terrible. No shuttle bus from town. Buses a complete lottery after the game. Cat park only for permits only ? ( is this correct?)

Judging by the message posted earlier in the thread, I assume I'm right in thinking that if I were to start using the train to get to games again, the service from Treherbert, which enters Cardiff via Llandaff and Cathays, is not affected, so I could still get a train straight to Cardiff Central and change for Ninian Park there, whereas if I got out at Queen Street station, which I used to prefer doing to change trains, I'd have to go via the Bay?

City line trains to Radyr, via Ninian Park, are starting at Central atm, so yes, go via Central. It may be quicker to change at Radyr and get a city line train to Ninian Park, worth checking.