+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trains from Heath / llanhishen

Re: Trains from Heath / llanhishen

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Judging by the message posted earlier in the thread, I assume I'm right in thinking that if I were to start using the train to get to games again, the service from Treherbert, which enters Cardiff via Llandaff and Cathays, is not affected, so I could still get a train straight to Cardiff Central and change for Ninian Park there, whereas if I got out at Queen Street station, which I used to prefer doing to change trains, I'd have to go via the Bay?
    You would be better getting off at Radyr and catching the train around the City line instead of going via Queen St/Central

Trains from Radyr via City line to Ninian are 2 minutes past the hour or 32 minutes past the hour

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    You would be better getting off at Radyr and catching the train around the City line instead of going via Queen St/Central
    Thanks to you and Llanishen Blue for your replies. The timetables may have changed during the pandemic, but I remember it was a bugger before because the train to Ninian Park from Radyr was always leaving just as my train arrived, so it was always a half an hour wait for the next one. That’s why I’d stay on the Treherbert train until Queen Street where I’d have a short wait for a City Line train going in the opposite direction, hence my question about whether the detour to the Bay applies only to City Line trains.