+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: THE CLUB NEEDS TO MAKE TWO BIG DECISIONS RIGHT NOW

Re: THE CLUB NEEDS TO MAKE TWO BIG DECISIONS RIGHT NOW

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    One
    Get rid of McCarthy this afternoon

Two
    Have a decent younger manager lined up to sort this squad out with the plan to build for the next few years.

No more dinosaurs looking for a pension'
    They need to get the next appointment right they owe us this
    Shirley, decision 2 comes before decision 1

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I'd prefer Morison.
    Bellamy is to much of a risk.
    He's the type that could lose the dressing room pretty quick.
    Both would be good. The club is an embarrassment to the capital city of Wales, I guess that’s why so few people who live in cardiff actually bother to go

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The Newport manager vacancy attracted something like 70 applications (according to Ellis James on Feast Of Football).

Even with no transfer budget in January (together with our form and league position) our managers job will be a massive prize to a lot of lower league or out-of-work managers and coaches. Cardiff is a big club with an underperforming squad - it should be doing better.

It isn't a lack of applicants that will be the problem, it will be the competence of the board in choosing a replacement - or lack of.....
    The squad balance is poor but i thought some of the players just didn't want to be playing today, I'd stop shot of saying MM doesn't have the backing of the squad but some very lack lustre performances, avoiding relegation is now the priority and whilst I'd like to see a manager cutting his teeth, maybe it isn't the ideal time for that, if they go for the usual dinosaurs Pullis is available, then for gawd sake just until the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Shirley, decision 2 comes before decision 1
    Stan is spot on as he's referring to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    The squad balance is poor but i thought some of the players just didn't want to be playing today, I'd stop shot of saying MM doesn't have the backing of the squad but some very lack lustre performances, avoiding relegation is now the priority and whilst I'd like to see a manager cutting his teeth, maybe it isn't the ideal time for that, if they go for the usual dinosaurs Pullis is available, then for gawd sake just until the end of the season.
    You’re correct, worst squad in years.

Apart from Kieffer, no other player would get into a top 10 championship team

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You’re correct, worst squad in years.

Apart from Kieffer, no other player would get into a top 10 championship team
    Tone I thought Kieffer was in the I don't want to be on the pitch club today, Results don't lie but I'd like to think the players in the squad are capable of much better than they are doing at the moment, its as if total complacency has swept through the club from top to bottom, Tan, other than money doesn't have any interest in the club but however much his investment is worth, its I guess depreciating rapidly, root and branch clean out starting with Mr. Choo is overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Tone I thought Kieffer was in the I don't want to be on the pitch club today, Results don't lie but I'd like to think the players in the squad are capable of much better than they are doing at the moment, its as if total complacency has swept through the club from top to bottom, Tan, other than money doesn't have any interest in the club but however much his investment is worth, its I guess depreciating rapidly, root and branch clean out starting with Mr. Choo is overdue.
    You’re correct again Chris.

Poor old Kieffer must be so frustrated, when he knows no decent crosses are going to be coming in.

His body language is not good

For everyone who is saying Steve Morison should get the job, this is what Dalman said earlier today:

Dalman ruled out the prospect of appointing under-23s manager Steve Morison as an interim boss while hunting for a new man.

"I've spent my entire career avoiding risk - and that would be a risk," he said.

"If it doesn't work you're in a relegation battle, and you have an under-23 manager who's never done that before. I'm not prepared to take that risk."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...alman-21944088

And as should have been obvious from the quote above, Steve Morison has been named interim manager (with Tom Ramasut)!

Couldn't make it up.

And as should have been obvious from the quote above, Steve Morison has been named interim manager (with Tom Ramasut)!

Couldn't make it up.
    Really hope so. Give the fella till Christmas and see how we go.

Dalman says Morison won't happen and he is in place a few hours later.

Unbelievable here it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Dalman says Morison won't happen and he is in place a few hours later.

Unbelievable here it really is.
    Wales Online (Paul Abbandonato) has recently edited the story so that it now reads that Morison would not be appointed on a 'permanent' basis - which is not what it said originally. History has been re-written to avoid embarrassment?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    What has Morison ever done in management other than getting an under 23 team playing some decent football?

If we said we were bringing in an under 23 coach from any other club we'd think they'd lost their minds.
    You could say that about every manager, they all have to start somewhere.

I bet Big Sam is working on his CV as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    You could say that about every manager, they all have to start somewhere.
    They do. You don't usually find a manager getting his first full time pro managerial job at Championship level though.
    Flynn got shouted down on here as a definite no from the fans but has far more experience of being an actual pro manager than Morison. I wouldn't want Flynn either by the way.

Seems Dalman has now said he definitely won't be permanent. Although that could change in the next hour knowing old Mehmet.

“I’ve spent my entire career avoiding risk.”

Well attempting to run a professional football club without having anyone who knows anything about football on the board sounds like a hell of a risk to me.