+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MICK McCARTHY SACKED

Re: MICK McCARTHY SACKED

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You’re scapegoating him yourself there with that last sentence. Was he the most limited player today? I listed seven who I thought were worse than him because, although I realise it’s impossible to be totally open minded, I try to look at games without any preconceptions.
    I thought he was horrendous playing at left-back in the first half.

Browns not good enough. Maybe he will be ok cover in L1.

I have no idea why weve turned down offets.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Second half especially, several flicks and passes to nobody in particular. Disappointing.
    I think that Moore has pretty clearly downed tools.

My hope in Moore saving us wanes by the match, about as bad as anyone at the moment. Yes we don't create much but I thought the boro no. 9 showed up our strikers, did more holding the ball up and winning loose balls this afternoon than ours have all season.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I think that Moore has pretty clearly downed tools.
    Maybe I should have said "won't" rather than "can't" in my earlier post about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Tackles he should have easily won. Which he did.
    They should do the basics yes, but they get criticised if they don't so there's no harm in giving credit when they do, even if it is like you say just basics (I agree BTW they should)

I'm not a fan of brown anywhere out wide and don't think he's our level at centreback either, squad player maybe until we are able to get better, but he's still at an age where he can improve as well, maybe with a bit better coaching and advice off senior players he can be a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why the **** didn't we do this during the international break? We've dropped 9 points in a week!
    Exactly, another dithering cock up from the chuckle brothers

I don’t get why Brown gets singled out for criticism in this team when he’s no better or worse than many of them. I thought Ng, McGuiness, Pack, Vaulks, Collins, Harris and Moore were worse than him today.
    Was the same with Arter and Manga a few years ago. Once you get in the firing line it's hard to get out, no matter how those players play people are used to moaning at them so just do it out of habit.

Brown was hopeless today and has been every time I’ve seen him play, he’s had plenty of chances. The other players Bob listed were not very good today or recently but have played well in the past so you hope they could possibly re -find that form, nothing I’ve seen from Brown suggests he can perform in the Championship, that’s not scapegoating him, just pointing out his limitations.

I'm wondering if there's a lot more to this than meets the eye.

In an interview with Mehmet Dalman on Radio Wales this lunchtime that Vincent Tan still calls the shots. When asked about having a director of football at the club, Dalman said he was in favour but the decision of whether that would happen is down to Tan. I wonder how much meddling Tan still does at the club and whether this has been a factor in McCarthy's actions in recent months.

I struggle to think of McCarthy as a manager who is as inept as he's demonstrated in recent weeks and I have no doubts that we're not as bad as we have been recently. I wonder if McCarthy had been promised some cash in the summer after doing so well last season, but that never materialised. Instead he's been told to use the kids instead. Some of his actions, such as playing 5 at the back, have been directed at the club hierachy. The double substitution that was never going to work was a definite Robin Friday salute to the board. The swiftness of his departure suggested he was ready to go.

Warnock was a wile old manager who knew who to praise at the right time, even if it was totally false praise. McCarthy is the opposite and says it as it is. He knows that we're a basket case of a club at board level and he'd had enough.

I'd love to hear what McCarthy made of his time with us, but I guess that will never happen and there will be agreements about silence made.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

In an interview with Mehmet Dalman on Radio Wales this lunchtime that Vincent Tan still calls the shots. When asked about having a director of football at the club, Dalman said he was in favour but the decision of whether that would happen is down to Tan. I wonder how much meddling Tan still does at the club and whether this has been a factor in McCarthy's actions in recent months.

I struggle to think of McCarthy as a manager who is as inept as he's demonstrated in recent weeks and I have no doubts that we're not as bad as we have been recently. I wonder if McCarthy had been promised some cash in the summer after doing so well last season, but that never materialised. Instead he's been told to use the kids instead. Some of his actions, such as playing 5 at the back, have been directed at the club hierachy. The double substitution that was never going to work was a definite Robin Friday salute to the board. The swiftness of his departure suggested he was ready to go.

Warnock was a wile old manager who knew who to praise at the right time, even if it was totally false praise. McCarthy is the opposite and says it as it is. He knows that we're a basket case of a club at board level and he'd had enough.

I'd love to hear what McCarthy made of his time with us, but I guess that will never happen and there will be agreements about silence made.
    He may not be inept, but his efforts haven't been good enough.

As for Tan, is it meddling or just running the club how he sees fit? He's obviously going to make the decisions.

No hes a shit manager thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He may not be inept, but his efforts haven't been good enough.

As for Tan, is it meddling or just running the club how he sees fit? He's obviously going to make the decisions.
    But when he knows piss all about football and won't take advice, it's no surprise we're where we're at.

I wonder if McCarthy had been promised some cash in the summer after doing so well last season, but that never materialised
    A week or two back I watched the post match presser he did after the Sheffield Wednesday 5-nil-er. He was asked what would happen if he can't turn it around and playoffs are absolutely dead in the water...he said if that happens I'll have to start playing some of the kids with a view to next season. I don't believe he was promised cash in the summer and he was saying as such often at the close of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    A week or two back I watched the post match presser he did after the Sheffield Wednesday 5-nil-er. He was asked what would happen if he can't turn it around and playoffs are absolutely dead in the water...he said if that happens I'll have to start playing some of the kids with a view to next season. I don't believe he was promised cash in the summer and he was saying as such often at the close of last season.
    Cheers for that. He obviously knew the situation he was walking into then.

I can draw an analogy with work here. For 20+ years I’ve worked for a Japanese company, with a Japanese MD. The MD does a 5 year stint & then returns to Japan. The MDs until 2019 have been excellent, stood back & let the local management team run the business, very successfully. The new MD is totally different, works in isolation, rarely consults the local team and has alienated them, with the results going through the floor.

This is how I see Tan working, as a dictator Asian MD, working in isolation with little understanding or empathy for the business he’s running and therefore incapable of making the right choice on management,

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I can draw an analogy with work here. For 20+ years I’ve worked for a Japanese company, with a Japanese MD. The MD does a 5 year stint & then returns to Japan. The MDs until 2019 have been excellent, stood back & let the local management team run the business, very successfully. The new MD is totally different, works in isolation, rarely consults the local team and has alienated them, with the results going through the floor.

This is how I see Tan working, as a dictator Asian MD, working in isolation with little understanding or empathy for the business he’s running and therefore incapable of making the right choice on management,
    Spot on, if the rebrand didn't teach us that nothing will. Completely wrong type of person/personality to be running a football club. Was only interested when it was all about him and he was on the front pages.

I don’t get why Brown gets singled out for criticism in this team when he’s no better or worse than many of them. I thought Ng, McGuiness, Pack, Vaulks, Collins, Harris and Moore were worse than him today.
    Watch him after he has ventured up the field.

No effort to get back at all ! Looks like he’s out for a Sunday stroll with the dog !

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

that's just speculation, has anyone involved with the club actually said that tan meddles with the day to day stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    Come on now. 20 goals at championship level last year. He was poor today but he's about our only hope of staying up as things stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    He's been poor all season. May be his 20 goals last season had a lot to do with the players around him.
    So when he was good it was due to good players around him.
    but he's bad is down to him?

That is bollocks.

If he had decent service, he'd be banging in goals, but MM's tctics left him isolated.
    Anyone's form would drop under those circumstances.

If our new boss gets the team playing proper football and he gets service, his form and therefore goal count should improve.

I thought bringing on those two kids with 11 minutes to go was a strange one - it certainly wasn't a 'football' decision.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I thought bringing on those two kids with 11 minutes to go was a strange one - it certainly wasn't a 'football' decision.
    He knew he was going and just fancied giving debuts, I don't think there's much more to it than that. He mentioned Isaak Davies a lot during his time here and was going to give him his debut at the end of last season