+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MICK McCARTHY SACKED

Re: MICK McCARTHY SACKED

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    I've had time to consider the events of earlier today. You never want anybody to lose their job. However

Thank feck he can feck right off and take effin Ciaron Brown with you please
    I have wanted Mick McCarthy to lose his job for some time now.
    Ciaran Brown got some decent tackles on today.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Tackles he should have easily won. Which he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Tackles he should have easily won. Which he did.
    At least he was there to make them. We have had plenty of left backs in the past who have gone missing when tackles needed to be made.

At least he was there to make them. We have had plenty of left backs in the past who have gone missing when tackles needed to be made.
    His marking was all over the place, just like his attempted 'passes'.

Way way too late but we might just stay up

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Morison and Ramasut in charge
    Good stuff….let’s play football

I’m sorry, Brown is just not up to it and was poor again today, culpable for his part in the second goal.

Why the **** didn't we do this during the international break? We've dropped 9 points in a week!

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    About time really. Mutual agreement? Does this mean we’re not paying him off? Has Mick done the right thing here?
    Steve Bruce just got £7M for "leaving by mutual consent" so I'm guessing no.

I don’t get why Brown gets singled out for criticism in this team when he’s no better or worse than many of them. I thought Ng, McGuiness, Pack, Vaulks, Collins, Harris and Moore were worse than him today.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don’t get why Brown gets singled out for criticism in this team when he’s no better or worse than many of them. I thought Ng, McGuiness, Pack, Vaulks, Collins, Harris and Moore were worse than him today.
    Do you think that some of those though at least shown they have ability for this level.

We are skint and apparently turned money down for Brown. Bonkers!

I'm surprised that you're sticking up for the biggest hoofballer in the squad.

Sorry Bob, he is worse than all of those you mentioned, that's as damning an indictment that I can give.

I thought McGuiness was OK today.
    It's Moore that gets me. People complained because he was left on the bench, but he adds nothing to the team. He can't play football. He needs plenty of good players around him to the get ball to him in the six yard area. We haven't got those players or tactics so he adds nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I'm surprised that you're sticking up for the biggest hoofballer in the squad.
    I’ll stick up for any of our players who I think is being scapegoated- my point is that there were plenty equally or more deserving of the criticism Brown’s getting today.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why the **** didn't we do this during the international break? We've dropped 9 points in a week!
    Agreed, unfortunately we have a reactive board who didn't have a clue who to replace him with at the time. I'm betting they still dont.

None of them were any good today but I have seen the others play reasonably well before. I can’t say that about Brown. Or Collins for that matter.

It's Moore that gets me. People complained because he was left on the bench, but he adds nothing to the team. He can't play football. He needs plenty of good players around him to the get ball to him in the six yard area. We haven't got those players or tactics so he adds nothing.
    Come on now. 20 goals at championship level last year. He was poor today but he's about our only hope of staying up as things stand.

McGuiness had a bit of a shocker for me today and was very lucky to still be on the pitch at the end.

I’d not normally criticise Moore because although he’s not been great this season, I’ve always got sympathy for him because he spends so much of his time with no colleagues within twenty yards of him, but he hardly looked like someone who was trying to keep his manager in a job this afternoon.

I’ll stick up for any of our players who I think is being scapegoated- my point is that there were plenty equally or more deserving of the criticism Brown’s getting today.
    I said something similar about Bacuna a few weeks ago. Why would anyone be able to single out an individual amongst such dross? Having said that, I do agree that Brown - along with a host of others- is not good enough for this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    Come on now. 20 goals at championship level last year. He was poor today but he's about our only hope of staying up as things stand.
    He's been poor all season. May be his 20 goals last season had a lot to do with the players around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I said something similar about Bacuna a few weeks ago. Why would anyone be able to single out an individual amongst such dross? Having said that, I do agree that Brown - along with a host of others- is not good enough for this level.
    I think Bacuna has been played out of his preferred position too often.

How is Brown being scapegoated? He consistently manages to stand out as the most limited footballer in a team full of limited footballers.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    How is Brown being scapegoated? He consistently manages to stand out as the most limited footballer in a team full of limited footballers.
    You’re scapegoating him yourself there with that last sentence. Was he the most limited player today? I listed seven who I thought were worse than him because, although I realise it’s impossible to be totally open minded, I try to look at games without any preconceptions.

McGuiness had a bit of a shocker for me today and was very lucky to still be on the pitch at the end.

I’d not normally criticise Moore because although he’s not been great this season, I’ve always got sympathy for him because he spends so much of his time with no colleagues within twenty yards of him, but he hardly looked like someone who was trying to keep his manager in a job this afternoon.
    Second half especially, several flicks and passes to nobody in particular. Disappointing.