+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Steve Morison taking temporary charge??

Steve Morison taking temporary charge??

McCarthy gone only just noticed this on twitter
    Steve Morison taking temporary charge

Re: Steve Morison taking temporary charge??

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    What Mehmet Dalman said he wouldn't do - just a few hours ago:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...alman-21944088

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

What a clown show.

Not Dalman's decision i reckon..
    I'm happy with Morison i'd like to give him until christmas and see how things have gone.

Surely Dalman means he won’t be appointed as manager permanently. Someone has to take over in the interim.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Surely Dalman means he won’t be appointed as manager permanently. Someone has to take over in the interim.
    Whatever he meant to say Wales Online quoted him as saying he wouldn't appoint Morison as an interim boss - too risky.

Wales Online have since edited their story to substitute the word 'permanent' for 'interim'.

I copied the original in another thread - and it has since changed. I imagine Dalman was on to Abbandonato to make the change - either because he was misquoted or he didn't want to appear to be a total plank.

Whatever he meant to say Wales Online quoted him as saying he wouldn't appoint Morison as an interim boss - too risky.

Wales Online have since edited their story to substitute the word 'permanent' for 'interim'.

I copied the original in another thread - and it has since changed. I imagine Dalman was on to Abbandonato to make the change - either because he was misquoted or he didn't want to appear to be a total plank.
    Either way that's rubbish man management surely - one minute saying it's a risk but then ask him to cover while they sort the mess out. It's like saying it's okay to leave a toddler in the house alone for day but not overnight - you couldn't make some of this up

It's ok temporarily but he should hopefully be able to continue learning his skills at the u23.

Going to be tough for him.

"I've spent my entire career avoiding risk - and that would be a risk," he said.

Well that's one negative of having a non football man in his position.

You aren't running a hotel chain here mate, and we are already in a relegation battle because of your non risk taking approach. Dick.

Too late for that

Mehmet was not misquoted. I was one of the people present at the meeting and heard him say it. What was also said was that the directors of our club did not have the consent of the owner to make a decision on wjether or not to sack the manager so the decision must have come direct from VT himself.

Very strange.

Could have done this weeks ago.

Also surely they were expecting this? Haven’t they looked at other options.

Irrespective I think it’s the right short term appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    Mehmet was not misquoted. I was one of the people present at the meeting and heard him say it. What was also said was that the directors of our club did not have the consent of the owner to make a decision on wjether or not to sack the manager so the decision must have come direct from VT himself.
    The decision to appoint Morison (and Ramasut) as interim manager makes perfect sense.

But the dishonesty of Wales Online (presumably Paul Abbandonato) in fiddling the story is just shocking. He has airbrushed the truth about this morning's meeting and made up something untrue to save the blushes of Dalman.

The decision to appoint Morison (and Ramasut) as interim manager makes perfect sense.

But the dishonesty of Wales Online (presumably Paul Abbandonato) in fiddling the story is just shocking. He has airbrushed the truth about this morning's meeting and made up something untrue to save the blushes of Dalman.
    Not sure why there was any need to amend what was actually said as Mehmet said that he was happy for whatever he said to be quoted by those attending the meeting. And he very clearly replied to the suggestion of putting Morison in interim charge (interim not permanent was definitely the suggestion) as being too risky and that he was risk averse and didn`t want to take that risk.

I'm happy with Morison i'd like to give him until christmas and see how things have gone.
    Me too

November fixtures look win able

Can we keep Terry? I like Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Me too
    Me too

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    What meeting was that and who was present representing the supporters?

Wonderful news