+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Manager - what the heck would he do with this lot ?

Re: New Manager - what the heck would he do with this lot ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The continual slagging off of Will Vaulks is ridiculous. He has been on the bench for most of this season but appears to be being blamed for everything relating to our position in the table and form. He and McGuiness were our best two players today, as was Vaulks over the course of last season. There is nothing wrong with our squad that a change of tactics, better motivation and a few wins wont sort out.
    Vaulks is sadly way out of his depth at this level. Thats it.

If we are to finish 4th bottom then Will being nownere near the 1st 11 is a must.

Cant fault the effort but hes just not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Vaulks is sadly way out of his depth at this level. Thats it.

If we are to finish 4th bottom then Will being nownere near the 1st 11 is a must.

Cant fault the effort but hes just not good enough.
    We've finished 5th and 8th in the last couple of season with Vaulks playing a pretty big part.

However, it is true that he's started all of his seasons with us in pretty rotten form.

The continual slagging off of Will Vaulks is ridiculous. He has been on the bench for most of this season but appears to be being blamed for everything relating to our position in the table and form. He and McGuiness were our best two players today, as was Vaulks over the course of last season. There is nothing wrong with our squad that a change of tactics, better motivation and a few wins wont sort out.
    He's crap, couldn't even get into the Wales squad ahead of a Luton Town sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    He's crap, couldn't even get into the Wales squad ahead of a Luton Town sub.
    I think that says more about Rob Page than Morrell or Vaulks.

The continual slagging off of Will Vaulks is ridiculous. He has been on the bench for most of this season......
    Not true. In fact, Vaulks has started 9 of City's 15 games this season.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I think that says more about Rob Page than Morrell or Vaulks.
    Rob Page ????

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Rob Page ????
    The guy who selects the Wales squad.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    The guy who selects the Wales squad.

Replying to your other comment, I have rarely been impressed with Vaulks. He runs around a lot, occasionally will let off a long range shot that goes in but he's not very good at anything a midfielder is supposed to be good at. Can't really defend, looks like a giraffe on the ball and isn't mobile enough to get up the pitch.

Replying to your other comment, I have rarely been impressed with Vaulks. He runs around a lot, occasionally will let off a long range shot that goes in but he's not very good at anything a midfielder is supposed to be good at. Can't really defend, looks like a giraffe on the ball and isn't mobile enough to get up the pitch.
    He's an awkward player who can be effective when performing well, but it's pretty ugly to watch when he's not in good form.

But apart from that ...

It must have been awhile back now, but I used to despair when he had the ball within shooting distance, his shots would more often than not go high and/or wide.

Last time he played for Wales (away in Serbia I think it was) he looked like a fish out of water- first touch, passing etc was well below standard. He was probably signed by City because he has a long throw. You need more than that to be a good quality midfielder.

When Mick was brought in (on a temporary basis) I said I'd be happy with a mid table finish and avoiding defeat against the jacks. When the new one comes in I'd be happy with avoiding relegation and avoiding defeat against the jacks. That's achievable, surely.

[QUOTE=dml1954;5237268]The continual slagging off of Will Vaulks is ridiculous. He has been on the bench for most of this season but appears to be being blamed for everything relating to our position in the table and form. He and McGuiness were our best two players today, as was Vaulks over the course of last season. There is nothing wrong with our squad that a change of tactics, better motivation and a few winsVaulks is dreadful and has been since he arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    When Mick was brought in (on a temporary basis) I said I'd be happy with a mid table finish and avoiding defeat against the jacks. When the new one comes in I'd be happy with avoiding relegation and avoiding defeat against the jacks. That's achievable, surely.
    Steady now.

The two worst offenders today were Brown and Harris. Neither would get in a League 2 team. Colwill had some bright moments but drifted out of the game as he tends to do. There was no midfield as Middlesborough played right through them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The two worst offenders today were Brown and Harris. Neither would get in a League 2 team. Colwill had some bright moments but drifted out of the game as he tends to do. There was no midfield as Middlesborough played right through them.
    So shouldn't you be calling Vaulks and Pack?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    So shouldn't you be calling Vaulks and Pack?
    That was a given. They are always awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    That was a given. They are always awful.
    That's tue

As far as I am concerned only 3 players can walk away from that match and say I did my best.
    Smithies
    Flint
    Colwill

McGinness was all over the place after his unlucky penalty. Should have been sent off later.
    Brown and Harris should never play for us again. Totally out of their depth at this level.
    Moore needs to look at himself as he is not a shadow of the player he was.