+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Manager - what the heck would he do with this lot ?

New Manager - what the heck would he do with this lot ?

There's nothing. Absolutely nothing. Ended up with two nippers coming on, who looked like the wind would blow them over. In 60yrs I've never witnessed a side that is so out of their depth in their league. A bang average squad stripped bare of any semblance of skill and ability. Next win ? Let's focus on when the next goal is coming from. 12 games before the January transfer window. We could well be 6 or 7 points from safety by then.

Re: New Manager - what the heck would he do with this lot ?

I don't think a manager willingly let's the quality and numbers that left this club go and replaces them with kids which is down to the owner.

It would take a talented man to get this squad playing anything decent and getting results if the owner and those running the show keep doing the same thing.

Its a target of 4th bottom or long term getting out of L1 asap.

The managers job is to get the best out of what is available .Employing MM has had shocking repercussions for us .
    Unusually Dalman was at the game today listening to the abuse being reigned down on MM. I wonder if he feels carries any responsibility for the current position of the club?
    We are not as bad as we look . We are suffering from a lack of confidence. A decent manager will take us away from the drop zone.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I don't think a manager willingly let's the quality and numbers that left this club go and replaces them with kids which is down to the owner.

It would take a talented man to get this squad playing anything decent and getting results if the owner and those running the show keep doing the same thing.
    I wouldn't put it passed McCarthy being behind wintle and Murphy going out on loan mind..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    The managers job is to get the best out of what is available .Employing MM has had shocking repercussions for us .
    Unusually Dalman was at the game today listening to the abuse being reigned down on MM. I wonder if he feels carries any responsibility for the current position of the club?
    We are not as bad as we look . We are suffering from a lack of confidence. A decent manager will take us away from the drop zone.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    There's nothing. Absolutely nothing. Ended up with two nippers coming on, who looked like the wind would blow them over. In 60yrs I've never witnessed a side that is so out of their depth in their league. A bang average squad stripped bare of any semblance of skill and ability. Next win ? Let's focus on when the next goal is coming from. 12 games before the January transfer window. We could well be 6 or 7 points from safety by then.
    Come on mate. 60 years and never witnessed a side that is so out of their depth in their league?. We have been way out of our depth in our league many a time..

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Come on mate. 60 years and never witnessed a side that is so out of their depth in their league?. We have been way out of our depth in our league many a time..
    The wilderness years in division 3 and 4

Recently twice in the Premiership, bar the odd game.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The wilderness years in division 3 and 4
    We weren't out of our depth in the league we out of depth in football full stop - dire days

I wouldn't put it passed McCarthy being behind wintle and Murphy going out on loan mind..
    The Preston manager has been saying Murphy doesn't work hard enough and tends to drift. Hopefully we saved a few quid shipping him out.

It’s a good question. Mick may have been righty dumped today after a feeble management display this season but look who’s on the pitch. What a shambles, no pace, no technique and now no confidence. What will a new man do with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    The Preston manager has been saying Murphy doesn't work hard enough and tends to drift. Hopefully we saved a few quid shipping him out.
    Any one of us could have told him that

Hate saying it, but to save our skins, the only man about who could make something of this mish mash of players, is BIG SAM !!!

Not the one from Merthyr

But then again, he’d sort the clueless lot out

Dalman and Choo should also take responsibility for this sad state of affairs. Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you on one thing - I really do think we ARE as bad as we look.
    It's not just a lack of confidence, it's a lack of basic ability. No manager, no matter what his motivational skills might be, is going to be able to have a word in the ear with the likes of Brown and Vaulks and turn them around. They (Brown and Vaulks) and quite a few others are just poor footballers.. period.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Recently twice in the Premiership, bar the odd game.
    I think though that at least we gave it a go in the premier league .. a combination of bad luck (Chelsea offside), poor player investment and some naive management decisions led to our two relegations

However, I have never seen (in 35 years) of supporting city a team so devoid of creativity, flair and Pace.

Even in old league 4.... There were some players who could change a game and take the game to the opposition.. a spark, a pacey player and/or q creative player. Even on poor runs in league 2 and 3 we at least had some hope.

This squad has very little of that.

And that is the fault not only of a manager but also the decision makers.

What manager or chairman allows a team to start the season with ZERO creativity or pace.

It's neglegent and not only MM should go but also Choo and Dalman

We are not as bad as we look. We are suffering from a lack of confidence. A decent manager will take us away from the drop zone.
    I beg to differ. We are awful. We haven't lost 8 in a row by accident.

I can't agree, we have a severe lack of quality throughout. Last season we had Wilson (7 g, 12a) and Ojo (5g 7a) setting up Kieffer for his 20 odd goals, this year it's out of position Giles on one side and Colwill/Bacuna on the other. No matter what people think of the two aforementioned loanees, their goal contributions are undeinable and not replacing them is a huge reason why we've scored **** all this season, our top scorer is Flint who hasn't scored since August.

I don't even know how you'd line us up in this current state. The full backs aren't good enough to play as wing backs and the wingers aren't good enough full stop (except Giles when he's on the left), how do you even solve that problem? Big work for whoever comes in next, I feel this is going to be a long relegation battle.

We were terrible on our way down to Division 3, then 4, but we won games, scored goals. We can't even create openings, let alone score, let alone win a match.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Dalman and Choo should also take responsibility for this sad state of affairs. Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you on one thing - I really do think we ARE as bad as we look.
    It's not just a lack of confidence, it's a lack of basic ability. No manager, no matter what his motivational skills might be, is going to be able to have a word in the ear with the likes of Brown and Vaulks and turn them around. They (Brown and Vaulks) and quite a few others are just poor footballers.. period.
    Totally agree, I mean...Will Vaulks? I rest my case.

The continual slagging off of Will Vaulks is ridiculous. He has been on the bench for most of this season but appears to be being blamed for everything relating to our position in the table and form. He and McGuiness were our best two players today, as was Vaulks over the course of last season. There is nothing wrong with our squad that a change of tactics, better motivation and a few wins wont sort out.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The continual slagging off of Will Vaulks is ridiculous. He has been on the bench for most of this season but appears to be being blamed for everything relating to our position in the table and form. He and McGuiness were our best two players today, as was Vaulks over the course of last season. There is nothing wrong with our squad that a change of tactics, better motivation and a few wins wont sort out.
    Vaulks has played under three managers now and he's done well at times but has been hot and cold at best. He shouldn't be singled out though (even though his 60 yard backpass to Smithies today was a thing of comedy). The other issue is the new man has to motivate a good few players who are more than likely going to be released in the summer. We could be in greater trouble yet.

People thinking too far ahead. First thing will be to stop shipping goals and get some confidence back. Tactics and style will come after that.

John Terry 5/1

Haven't seen it yet but doesn't he hop in his car and travel wherever there is a vacancy these days?

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    John Terry 5/1

Haven't seen it yet but doesn't he hop in his car and travel wherever there is a vacancy these days?
    Depends if the husband is out.