OUR PLAYERS OUT ON LOAN ?

Would you recall any?
    Fresh start and all that?

Watters
    Whyte
    Murphy
    Wintle

Re: OUR PLAYERS OUT ON LOAN ?

Whyte. He's good at tracking back and helping out the defence which currently is all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Whyte. He's good at tracking back and helping out the defence which currently is all over the place.
    Whyte put a shift in and tracked back but also looked to make a pass on the floor.
    Wintle doing ok at Blackpool i think?
    Murphy is hot and cold.
    Watters i didn't see enough of to judge him.

Not Murphy, haven't seen enough of Watters or Wintle to judge.

What is it with players who have surnames beginning with W?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Not Murphy, haven't seen enough of Watters or Wintle to judge.

What is it with players who have surnames beginning with W?
    My surname is Wilson but I don't know either.

I'd bring them all back if board permitted. In this sort of dire crisis and without transfers available, we only have to cast our eyes over players deemed superfluous to requirements but still available. God knows what happened for Wintle to come in then immediately go out and there is nothing to suggest he may be any better than what we have in midfield but why on earth aren't we trying him.

The real lacking is anything going forward that doesn't fall to pieces after a first touch, Murphy and Whyte both we know can surge forward and do something and I believe they'd be better than what we are presently serving up. Whyte didn't look the finished article, lacked the final delivery often and Murphy of course is a real enigma. No improvement would be guaranteed. Max Watters would be my choice over the shirt that is currently going to Mark Harris and that's nothing personal against Mark Harris he is a real grafter but I would like to see the other goal scorer we have on our books given the chance to make good. It's in the hands of Tan and what he is happy to fund.

We need a CM. Is Wintle better than a free agent or loan we can bring in? If so recall him.

No idea about Watters. Whyte is crap. Murphy hot and cold and we probably want his wages off the books.

I would bring them all back, I’m sure they can all add something.

Bring them all back, if possible and give them a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I would bring them all back, I’m sure they can all add something.
    Is that likely? Why do you think we loaned them out in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Would you recall any?

Watters
    Whyte
    Murphy
    Wintle
    Would like to see Wintle, not fussed on the others

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Would you recall any?

Watters
    Whyte
    Murphy
    Wintle
    Eli King, Isaak Davies . Two players making their football league debut - at Championship level, in a side with 7 defeats in a row. Skinny little kids who barely looked like they were out of their teens ! I'd have them all back.

Any of them could deputise for Collins, despite being out of position. He gives us nothing.

We do not have the option if pace out wide with the current squad..Murphy has been poor but if even at 80% will offer something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Bring them all back, if possible and give them a chance.
    Any incoming manager should bring back all our loan players, not only to give them a chance to show what they can do, but also to give us a bigger pool of players to choose from. I imagine some of them will return come January. I don't think we can recall them before then, can we?

Definitely. At least they have pace and some attacking intent. Why did he sign Wintle and then ship him out to a competitor ffs?

How has Wintle been out on loan compared to our current midfield. We have far too many players who are on high wages such as Bacuna, Vaulks, Pack, Morrison who are being way beyond their station and noone is interested in them.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    How has Wintle been out on loan compared to our current midfield. We have far too many players who are on high wages such as Bacuna, Vaulks, Pack, Morrison who are being way beyond their station and noone is interested in them.
    Well if Noone is interested in them they could join him in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by I'll give you the Malky!! View Post
    We do not have the option if pace out wide with the current squad..Murphy has been poor but if even at 80% will offer something different.
    So you think that Giles has no pace ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So you think that Giles has no pace ?
    He has pace, I'm just not sure he's that good.

I know a Rotherham fan who said he is very hot and cold, more cold than hot though. That, for me, would sum up his time here. When we're playing well and he is up for it he is quality but at times, like today, you don't really notice him all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Is that likely? Why do you think we loaned them out in the first place?
    Because the numpty who loaned them out just got the sack proving he didn’t know his ar*e from his elbow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Because the numpty who loaned them out just got the sack proving he didn’t know his ar*e from his elbow.
    There’s a reason Hull didn’t get Whyte back. Wintle might be Ok but the others aren’t good enough. Watters can’t even get into the MK Dons team and Murphy might come back but I doubt it, we probably need the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    There’s a reason Hull didn’t get Whyte back. Wintle might be Ok but the others aren’t good enough. Watters can’t even get into the MK Dons team and Murphy might come back but I doubt it, we probably need the money.
    Let’s give them a decent chance here.

Don't think any of them would improve us much if at all.

Murphy can't get into a very ordinary Preston side, we are better of with him off the wage bill. Giles is much better and Kerion Hughes might be.

Wintle is quite good but very similar to what we have anyway.

Whyte is a decent league one player not really good enough for the championship.

I would persist with the youngsters they might do better under a better manager than MM.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    He has pace, I'm just not sure he's that good.

I know a Rotherham fan who said he is very hot and cold, more cold than hot though. That, for me, would sum up his time here. When we're playing well and he is up for it he is quality but at times, like today, you don't really notice him all that much.
    He isn't that good and I don't really get why people bang on about Giles. He can do very little other than cross the ball, once you've figured out he wants to get the ball on his left and cross it then its a fairly easy ride for the full back