+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rubin Colwill My Worry

Rubin Colwill My Worry

My biggest concern is we will lose him for a relatively small fee , folk can see his talent and promise , if they bid now they get a good deal , they wait and he progresses further he costs a lot more ?

Re: Rubin Colwill My Worry

We were talking about this at the game. He clearly has talent, and I do wonder how long he will be with us. He's a Ramsey waiting to happen.

Always surprises me how good he is with the ball for someone of his size

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    My biggest concern is we will lose him for a relatively small fee , folk can see his talent and promise , if they bid now they get a good deal , they wait and he progresses further he costs a lot more ?
    I was thinking exactly the same - how much will we accept for him in January?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I was thinking exactly the same - how much will we accept for him in January?
    I get what's being said in the thread about his potential etc, but I don't think many of our players are looking good in the shop window to get much attention tbh.

Thought he was poor today, tried too hard to create.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    It is better to try and fail than not try at all.

Or something like that, goes the saying.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Well you can’t say that about anyone else so I’d be pleased with that summary (the second half of it)

He's no Aaron Ramsey

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    He's no Aaron Ramsey
    I read it as a similar scenario by losing a player for less than their value because the club aren't in a position to refuse.

Time is on his side but what has he done?

Time is on his side but what has he done?
    Not a lot, others have made the comments so maybe they can answer.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    It is better to try and fail than not try at all.

Or something like that, goes the saying.
    Yeah close enough lol. It seems like he feels a lot of pressure to get us results, which shows the lack of balls of our experienced players, it won't be good for his development

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Well you can’t say that about anyone else so I’d be pleased with that summary (the second half of it)
    Yeah, I just think it's a lot of pressure on young shoulders to be expected to carry us

If you are good enough you are old enough............

If you are good enough you are old enough............
    He's not quite good enough

At this moment in his career I agree

No offense but what game are you watching. He's playing out of position and still looks our best player. Only one capable of beating a man.

Whether he'll be at Ramsey's level is one thing but compared to our current crop of players he's a step above.

No offence but our current crop of players are shite

Best player in our side today. Pity he had no support at all. Big bright spot.

Only going to get better too.

Hope the new manager can develop these kids as it’d be such a waste to see them fade

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    No offense but what game are you watching. He's playing out of position and still looks our best player. Only one capable of beating a man.

Whether he'll be at Ramsey's level is one thing but compared to our current crop of players he's a step above.
    Yeah I don't really know what people are seeing when they say he's not good enough (some saying he'll never be good enough!). He's been our best attacking outlet by far in the past two games and is clearly talented. He's not all the way there yet obviously but I think we could have a hell of a player on our hands if he's handled properly

Needs to play in midfield not on the wing or as right wing back in the 2nd half.

I hope I'm wrong but if he his going to be a player it won't be with us I'm afraid

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post

He's the best of a horrendous bunch easily, my concern is that we are expecting too much of him.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Yeah I don't really know what people are seeing when they say he's not good enough (some saying he'll never be good enough!). He's been our best attacking outlet by far in the past two games and is clearly talented. He's not all the way there yet obviously but I think we could have a hell of a player on our hands if he's handled properly
    It’s cabin fever. It’s because he’s the first youth attacking prospect we’ve had for over a decade.

He’s not actually any better than anyone else on that pitch. He’s not at the level where he’s standing out (like a Bellingham did) BUT he does have huge potential. He’s no where near Ramsey was at a similar age.

Long may he progress.