+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dalman quote that sums us up at the moment

Dalman quote that sums us up at the moment

"There are a number of things to consider and one of those would concern a replacement. If we were to make a decision, who would we replace him with? That's the question."

If the board and owner haven't been having discussions about a replacement then what have they been doing?
    Anybody with an ounce of sense knew it was a distinct possibility we would need a new manager sooner or later and that Mick was slowly losing the plot.
    They should have been discussing this for weeks if not months.

Re: Dalman quote that sums us up at the moment

So Dalman is considering a replacement. F'ck me, does he even need to say that, and why aren't the local press giving him and choo a hard time?

Sounds to me he values experience.

That can be a good thing sometimes, but for us that means one thing, another hoofball merchant.

Listen...we have been a shambles of a club for decades! even since i was a kid in the 70's we've always had a albatross over us.
    How can we lure real talented people when we've been run so badly for decades. I wouldn't invest in us unless i wanted to piss away money.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Listen...we have been a shambles of a club for decades! even since i was a kid in the 70's we've always had a albatross over us.
    How can we lure real talented people when we've been run so badly for decades. I wouldn't invest in us unless i wanted to piss away money.
    We moved away from that for a short period and seemed on the up, but that chance has sailed by and we are now back to where we started when we first came up to this level.

It's crazy how these people that style themselves as successful businessmen stick their heads in the sand every time a decision needs to be made. A football club should always have a list of potential managers. We hired MM as interim manager 10 months ago. It was obvious from the start and has now been proven that the club made no attempt to find out what their options were during the so-called "interim". Fast forward to the present and we just sacked said manager after he steered the club to literally an unprecedented run of defeats and the club has no clue what to do next. There was a two-week break where they did nothing, the break ends, we drop another 9 points in 7 days and still they don't have a plan. Seriously, WTF?

Owners should go on a weeks!! training course at Brighton.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It's crazy how these people that style themselves as successful businessmen stick their heads in the sand every time a decision needs to be made. A football club should always have a list of potential managers. We hired MM as interim manager 10 months ago. It was obvious from the start and has now been proven that the club made no attempt to find out what their options were during the so-called "interim". Fast forward to the present and we just sacked said manager after he steered the club to literally an unprecedented run of defeats and the club has no clue what to do next. There was a two-week break where they did nothing, the break ends, we drop another 9 points in 7 days and still they don't have a plan. Seriously, WTF?
    Its OK, he was experienced.

Its like Dalman is hiring someone for a high level position at a big company, looks at the CV for time served in the role etc and ignores what a football man would when making the same decision.