+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bellamy

Re: Bellamy

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Bellers gets my vote

It’ll be an incredibly exciting six weeks before it inevitably falls apart.

Better than an incredibly boring six weeks before it inevitably falls apart.
    I think it would longer than 6 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    This.
    Firstly there’s no way he’d take the job now.
    Secondly it would be a disaster. No one in the state of mind he’s been in for the past few years would be able to handle the intense pressure of the job.
    Thirdly, why always Bellamy, he talks a good game, but why him over all the other candidates out there.

There are better, more professional, calmer, more composed, mentally stronger characters out there with just as much, if not more football knowledge, who don’t come with a huge warning
    Name a few Tim.

Someone wrote a compelling post for the Blackpool manager .
    Now he must be some manager, Gary Madine either scored, or had a hand in their second goal yesterday .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Name a few Tim.

Someone wrote a compelling post for the Blackpool manager .
    Now he must be some manager, Gary Madine either scored, or had a hand in their second goal yesterday .
    He punched it in did he?

The Blackpool manager was a good shout, but why on earth would he come here? In fact, given some of the off field stuff which emerged yesterday, we may have to set our sights quite a bit lower than anticipated when it comes to the new manager.

Alternatively, why not give him the DOF role to transition us to a Brentford style run club.

Gives him a chance to sort his head/ issues out.

He knows most of the coaches and kids and can still work on the training pitch when needed.

Get in an up and coming progressive manager who already fits the style we all want to see!

Start getting the players ready to storm league one ( like Norwich did when they came down to bounce straight back up with a strong squad ), although I believe we do have the ability in the squad to easily stay up with better coaching and a more focused style of play.

This is the perfect time to tear up the dinosaur play book and try something new, once the players are allowed to pass the ball we may find out how good or bad they really are.

Quote Originally Posted by sanctum of blue View Post
    Alternatively, why not give him the DOF role to transition us to a Brentford style run club.

Gives him a chance to sort his head/ issues out.

He knows most of the coaches and kids and can still work on the training pitch when needed.

Get in an up and coming progressive manager who already fits the style we all want to see!

Start getting the players ready to storm league one ( like Norwich did when they came down to bounce straight back up with a strong squad ), although I believe we do have the ability in the squad to easily stay up with better coaching and a more focused style of play.

This is the perfect time to tear up the dinosaur play book and try something new, once the players are allowed to pass the ball we may find out how good or bad they really are.
    What credentials or skills has Bellamy got to be a good DOF?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Craig is off work with depression

He needs time to recuperate

It’s a non starter
    a laughing stock could be the cure for depression.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    What credentials or skills has Bellamy got to be a good DOF?
    None that I am aware of but everyone has to start somewhere.

Cannot see the club having a DOF so just a thought.

The support for Bellamy is based on him talking well about football (and he does) and the fact that he was born here and played for us. It's mostly anecdotal, but I wouldn't fancy him at the club in any capacity. He doesn't come across as patient, calm or understanding. People may think that he's the future but I disagree. His attitude comes across as old school, back when managers would shun players who were not what they wanted them to be.

Without any real evidence to say so, I'd say that he could be a bit of a bully.

I know that he had difficult times as a young player, but that it doesn't always mean that just because he came out the other side, it makes him a stronger person, sometimes, trauma can have an adverse effect on a person's character.

I hope he gets well soon

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The support for Bellamy is based on him talking well about football (and he does) and the fact that he was born here and played for us. It's mostly anecdotal, but I wouldn't fancy him at the club in any capacity. He doesn't come across as patient, calm or understanding. People may think that he's the future but I disagree. His attitude comes across as old school, back when managers would shun players who were not what they wanted them to be.

Without any real evidence to say so, I'd say that he could be a bit of a bully.

I know that he had difficult times as a young player, but that it doesn't always mean that just because he came out the other side, it makes him a stronger person, sometimes, trauma can have an adverse effect on a person's character.

I hope he gets well soon
    In my opinion there is no doubt that there is an element of parochialism in people wanting Bellamy. Personally I’m aware of the perceived/alleged baggage, but even with that I’d be more than happy with us giving him the opportunity (christ Joey Barton has landed 2 jobs 😱 )

The thing I crave most is a change in style… and at this stage I honestly don’t care if we go down to achieve it. I think Bellamy is a cast iron guarantee to do that (probably some of the other names too).

Many of us were correct wkth our early assessment of McCarthy… god knows there was enough evidence, so anything similar would be an unmitigated disaster… No one really knows how Bellamy would work out (and call me parochial 🙂)but I’d rather have his football brain on it than some tried and tested no hoper.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    In my opinion there is no doubt that there is an element of parochialism in people wanting Bellamy. Personally I’m aware of the perceived/alleged baggage, but even with that I’d be more than happy with us giving him the opportunity (christ Joey Barton has landed 2 jobs 😱 )

The thing I crave most is a change in style… and at this stage I honestly don’t care if we go down to achieve it. I think Bellamy is a cast iron guarantee to do that (probably some of the other names too).

Many of us were correct wkth our early assessment of McCarthy… god knows there was enough evidence, so anything similar would be an unmitigated disaster… No one really knows how Bellamy would work out (and call me parochial 🙂)but I’d rather have his football brain on it than some tried and tested no hoper.
    Fair assessment, and good point about Joey Barton, I've even used it myself! Maybe it's because of Bellamy's previous association with the club that I'm a bit negative about him, but truth is, none of us really know what would happen with him at the helm. One thing is certain, it certainly wouldn't be like the utter dross we've witnessed over the past couple of years or more.

I'm at a supporting point where I'm prepared to take a hit in order to improve. Warnock's legacy has caused real damage in my opinion, with the board thinking that we could replicate what he did in the promotion season, and somehow, the club has put themselves in that position.

I sti think that the club will go down the tried and tested route.

Those two on the side today , McCarthy & Warnock reminded me of Statler & Warldorf, f*ckin* out of date fossils.[/QUOTE]

Statler & Warldorf were funny and make me laugh. Warnockball nor MCCarthy's shite idea of football never have and never will

lets go for it, we have very little to lose, the players we have appear to need a kick up the arse, any new manager that comes in is going to have to get them going again

you can be sure that Bellars will not accept anything less than 100% and thats got to be a start