+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bellamy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bellamy

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You may mock but Craig Bellamy as hot headed and fiery as he is is a student of football, he knows the game inside out. His biggest drawback in a the game that’s made him is that the majority of his time was spent away from Cardiff. He loves Cardiff and is most comfortable in our city. He left our system under an undeserved cloud due to some parent with a gripe about his lad,who wasn’t good enough, being ditched. Warnock, our manager at the time, didn’t back up Craig because he knew he was a threat to his first team ideology ie f*ck everything else bar the first team, Warnock didn’t want to know the youngsters.

Those two on the side today , McCarthy & Warnock reminded me of Statler & Warldorf, f*ckin* out of date fossils.
    Definitely more than a few pints

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What wasn’t true in my post then?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Tuerto, you know football, I know you do, watching those two teams today on times was like watching a game from about 1978, it was like The Big Match Revisited.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Tuerto, you know football, I know you do, watching those two teams today on times was like watching a game from about 1978, it was like The Big Match Revisited.
    It was worse than that! i share your frustration, although i don't think that Bellamy is the answer.

I'd take Bellamy. Just look at the state of the atmosphere at the ground. The football has been dirge for years, nobody, fans included, give a shit.

It's make or break. Let's be honest- we aren't going to get a good young manager with no baggage because we are a basket case with terrible senior management. That leaves the "destroy and exit" candidates- we've had the main ones already but I suppose the threat of Tony pulis still hangs over us; or some sort of club legend who will shoot his shot and it may work. Bellamy is the obvious candidate from that second population and I don't think anyone can face another has-been English manager.

Or of course it could be another Russell Slade.

If they announce Bellamy, I'll be happy.