+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bellamy

Bellamy

Yes, Craig Bellamy, f*ck that Tan doesn’t like him, he’s got the bollocks to sort this out

Re: Bellamy

few pints?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    few pints?
    Name an alternative

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Name an alternative
    literally anyone else

Name an alternative
    I’d go with bellers allday

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    literally anyone else
    Except Phil Neville

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    literally anyone else
    No, an alternative to a few pints...

Name an alternative
    I like him..but many on here think he's a hot head..maybe that's what we need to put some fire back in the dragon.
    One thing for sure the players would respect him....or else!

You may mock but Craig Bellamy as hot headed and fiery as he is is a student of football, he knows the game inside out. His biggest drawback in a the game that’s made him is that the majority of his time was spent away from Cardiff. He loves Cardiff and is most comfortable in our city. He left our system under an undeserved cloud due to some parent with a gripe about his lad,who wasn’t good enough, being ditched. Warnock, our manager at the time, didn’t back up Craig because he knew he was a threat to his first team ideology ie f*ck everything else bar the first team, Warnock didn’t want to know the youngsters.

Those two on the side today , McCarthy & Warnock reminded me of Statler & Warldorf, f*ckin* out of date fossils.

You may mock but Craig Bellamy as hot headed and fiery as he is is a student of football, he knows the game inside out. His biggest drawback in a the game that’s made him is that the majority of his time was spent away from Cardiff. He loves Cardiff and is most comfortable in our city. He left our system under an undeserved cloud due to some parent with a gripe about his lad,who wasn’t good enough, being ditched. Warnock, our manager at the time, didn’t back up Craig because he knew he was a threat to his first team ideology ie f*ck everything else bar the first team, Warnock didn’t want to know the youngsters.

Those two on the side today , McCarthy & Warnock reminded me of Statler & Warldorf, f*ckin* out of date fossils.
    Definitely more than a few pints

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    No, an alternative to a few pints...
    DMT

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What wasn’t true in my post then?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Tuerto, you know football, I know you do, watching those two teams today on times was like watching a game from about 1978, it was like The Big Match Revisited.

I agree, 100% with Splott Parker the only problem I see with whoever gets the job is what he has to work with.......
    Let's be honest our squad is to old to slow lack creative, no passion, not bothered, lost 8 in a row, scored 1 goal in what ever it is, most of our goals or lack of goals have been set piece headers, the crowd today was pathetic, but understandable as everyone is bored shitless.......

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    I agree, 100% with Splott Parker the only problem I see with whoever gets the job is what he has to work with.......
    Let's be honest our squad is to old to slow lack creative, no passion, not bothered, lost 8 in a row, scored 1 goal in what ever it is, most of our goals or lack of goals have been set piece headers, the crowd today was pathetic, but understandable as everyone is bored shitless.......
    It’s not so much ‘what has a new manager got to work with’ it’s what a new manager can achieve with them. These lads are pro footballers, they’re not shite, our regime has strangled them. Look at Forest, we done them at their place, they get a new bloke in, win I think 4 on the bounce and fly up the table. We need that type of kick start, we’ve got the players to get us out of this rut. It’s definitely the management’s fault and those above.

Tuerto, you know football, I know you do, watching those two teams today on times was like watching a game from about 1978, it was like The Big Match Revisited.
    It was worse than that! i share your frustration, although i don't think that Bellamy is the answer.

Craig is off work with depression

He needs time to recuperate

It’s a non starter

I'd take Bellamy. Just look at the state of the atmosphere at the ground. The football has been dirge for years, nobody, fans included, give a shit.

It's make or break. Let's be honest- we aren't going to get a good young manager with no baggage because we are a basket case with terrible senior management. That leaves the "destroy and exit" candidates- we've had the main ones already but I suppose the threat of Tony pulis still hangs over us; or some sort of club legend who will shoot his shot and it may work. Bellamy is the obvious candidate from that second population and I don't think anyone can face another has-been English manager.

Or of course it could be another Russell Slade.

If they announce Bellamy, I'll be happy.

Bellamy played for 10 different clubs including loans and never played 100 games for any of them. He didn't even play 50 for most of them. His coaching record is equally as patchy. I've got nothing against him and I think he has something to offer. But right now, he's in not in a position to manage a club like Cardiff City. The board has allowed things to get so bad, that we're almost in Fat Sam (or Championship equivalent thereof) territory. We're three points adrift of 20th place two points above the relegation places and six points behind Swansea who we were level with this time last week. Desperate times. The board have played themselves into the position of having to make a safe bet.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Bellamy played for 10 different clubs including loans and never played 100 games for any of them. He didn't even play 50 for most of them. His coaching record is equally as patchy. I've got nothing against him and I think he has something to offer. But right now, he's in not in a position to manage a club like Cardiff City. The board has allowed things to get so bad, that we're almost in Fat Sam (or Championship equivalent thereof) territory. We're three points adrift of 20th place two points above the relegation places and six points behind Swansea who we were level with this time last week. Desperate times. The board have played themselves into the position of having to make a safe bet.
    I would have Craig Bellamy in a flash , for all the reason Steve (Splott Parker )has mentioned.

He is passionate , knowledgeable , has a decent track record with our under 18s , was promoted to assistant coach at Anderlecht by Vincent Kompany after doing a decent job with their youngsters. I reckon Vincent Kompany knows a thing or two about football.
    He should have had the job when MM (safe hands) was given it . He would with time, revamp the club from top to bottom.

Of course , when you are 3 points above the relegation spots , there isnt a great deal of time.

A safe pair of hands FFS oh I know , someone like Mick McCarthy ............................or Neil Harris ?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Craig is off work with depression

He needs time to recuperate

It’s a non starter
    This.
    Firstly there’s no way he’d take the job now.
    Secondly it would be a disaster. No one in the state of mind he’s been in for the past few years would be able to handle the intense pressure of the job.
    Thirdly, why always Bellamy, he talks a good game, but why him over all the other candidates out there.

There are better, more professional, calmer, more composed, mentally stronger characters out there with just as much, if not more football knowledge, who don’t come with a huge warning

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    I like him..but many on here think he's a hot head..maybe that's what we need to put some fire back in the dragon.
    One thing for sure the players would respect him....or else!
    Or else what ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I would have Craig Bellamy in a flash , for all the reason Steve (Splott Parker )has mentioned.

He is passionate , knowledgeable , has a decent track record with our under 18s , was promoted to assistant coach at Anderlecht by Vincent Kompany after doing a decent job with their youngsters. I reckon Vincent Kompany knows a thing or two about football.
    He should have had the job when MM (safe hands) was given it . He would with time, revamp the club from top to bottom.

Of course , when you are 3 points above the relegation spots , there isnt a great deal of time.

A safe pair of hands FFS oh I know , someone like Mick McCarthy ............................or Neil Harris ?
    Anderlecht themselves not doing very well at the moment- mid table and below Tan’s other team Kortrijk

Maybe Kompany himself will be available soon !

He might know a lot about football, but clearly bot do good in judging personality as Bellamy left a few weeks after becoming assistant. A gamble then that failed for him.

Bellamy has got so much to deal with in his head that a job like this would only end up going one way. Deep down I think we all know that

Bellers gets my vote

It’ll be an incredibly exciting six weeks before it inevitably falls apart.

Better than an incredibly boring six weeks before it inevitably falls apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Anderlecht themselves not doing very well at the moment- mid table and below Tan’s other team Kortrijk

Maybe Kompany himself will be available soon !

He might know a lot about football, but clearly bot do good in judging personality as Bellamy left a few weeks after becoming assistant. A gamble then that failed for him.

Bellamy has got so much to deal with in his head that a job like this would only end up going one way. Deep down I think we all know that
    It was late and I should have checked on their position. Obviously Bellamy wasn't able to influence Kompany enough.
    I haven't seen him since he got back but believe he is fine. Other issues perhaps.

After the boring managers and football we have had over the last 10 years or so I would love to take a chance on someone
    who is less than perfect shall we say ? He certainly talks a good game . Handy if you want to be a manager.
    Craig may be fiery but half the stuff written abut him and posted on here is rubbish .
    Warnock threw him under the bus for the complaint by a disgruntled parent . Warnock saw him as a threat ....
    He was about to be cleared when he left Cardiff .

Not only do we need to win games , we need to introduce some style.

I would be willing to drop down a league if I could see an improvement in style and direction for the whole club.
    The runanway bus might drop down a league and disappear if we dont get a decent leader at the wheel.