+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Police investigate Crystal Palace fans' banner criticising Saudi Arabian deal

Police investigate Crystal Palace fans' banner criticising Saudi Arabian deal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59025887

Police are investigating a graphic banner displayed by Crystal Palace fans that targeted the Saudi Arabian-led takeover of Newcastle United.

Re: Police investigate Crystal Palace fans' banner criticising Saudi Arabian deal

Palace fans have a point

Re: Police investigate Crystal Palace fans' banner criticising Saudi Arabian deal

From reading the report I can't see anything for the police to investgate.

I doubt if the Sky cameras picked up the banner displayed by the Boro fans that was roundly applauded.

I think the old bill tried to confiscate the anti BLM banner at Wembley a few weeks back and when the Hungarian fans fought back it was reported that they were trying to arrest someone who was verbally racist, which at the time it felt a bit suspect.

Banned

Snowflakes are off.

He's black he's mean he robs a fruit machine Nathan Blake Nathan Blake.

I'm not going to football anymore, b a stard gimps go now

Maybe the claims made on the banner should be investigated, not displaying the banner itself?

Hope that banner is at every Newcastle away game

I think the general population , including the Palace fans are forgetting our dirty government sells arms to the Saudis to kill people

But I suppose it gives people jobs

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59025887

Police are investigating a graphic banner displayed by Crystal Palace fans that targeted the Saudi Arabian-led takeover of Newcastle United.
    Place fans are spot on and 100% correct

Criticising a country's human rights record isn't racism. Fair play to the Palace fans for making their opinion on the takeover clear.

I'm sure we wouldn't turn our noses up if they bought us. Football fans are a fickle bunch. We would welcome their money with open arms

Before anyone starts going off about snowflakes and how we’re living in 1984, “investigating” doesn’t mean anything. My mate works doing something or other in admin with the police in Nottinghamshire and basically every call/complaint/issue they get has to be “investigated” regardless of who made the complaint or how minor it may seem.
    I can imagine this investigation will amount to filling out a report form, a 30 second glance at the banner and then filling out another form saying there’s nothing to follow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I'm sure we wouldn't turn our noses up if they bought us. Football fans are a fickle bunch. We would welcome their money with open arms
    I for one wouldn't. Don't want a bunch of dodgy Arabs anywhere near my club, thank you very much