+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Today's Attendenance

Today's Attendenance

Did anyone see the attendenance announced today?

Re: Today's Attendenance

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Did anyone see the attendenance announced today?
    17513 - although we all know it was a lot less as that included all s.t holders

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    17513 - although we all know it was a lot less as that included all s.t holders
    It wasn't announced at the game, was it?

A few people around me didn't bother coming back after half-time.

I didn't go today because of work commitments but caught most of the second half on the telly and it looked empty all round the ground

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    A few people who usually sit near me didn't bother coming in the first place.

I’d be amazed if it was anything more than 12k. Bear in mind 14k is the bottom tier half full and it looked a lot less than half full.

Crowd announcements are a waste of time but more importantly tan and co will know the real numbers.

So laughable in the 90’s when you can’t see Space for 9k-robbing
    Twats.
    Now it’s the reverse 9k in - 17k announced.

Around 12000 I would guess. I can always gauge the crowd by the amount of people in the pub before the game. (Canton cross)
    It was ****ing empty this morning.
    Perked up after half time mind when everybody had had enough and walked out to go and watch it back in the pub.

It wasn't announced at the game, was it?
    The attendance (17,513) flashed up on the screen for about 15 seconds, then an advert for the woman’s international game on Tuesday proceeded it. Easy to miss as there was no announcement.

The woman’s match has sold 4,000 apparently, which is good.

ditto

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The attendance (17,513) flashed up on the screen for about 15 seconds, then an advert for the woman’s international game on Tuesday proceeded it. Easy to miss as there was no announcement.

The woman’s match has sold 4,000 apparently, which is good.
    Did you see the memorial for the victims of the Aberfan disaster on the big screen after 56 minutes? I presume it was supposed to be shown in the 66th minute.

Did you see the memorial for the victims of the Aberfan disaster on the big screen after 56 minutes? I presume it was supposed to be shown in the 66th minute.
    55 minutes for the the 55th anniversary?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    55 minutes for the the 55th anniversary?
    That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    Around 12000 I would guess. I can always gauge the crowd by the amount of people in the pub before the game. (Canton cross)
    It was ****ing empty this morning.
    Perked up after half time mind when everybody had had enough and walked out to go and watch it back in the pub.
    Is it possible that those who go for a pint and enjoy the experience with friends are less likely to give attending the game a miss when compared with those whose match day experience is almost exclusively based around the game itself?

By the way, I can't remember if I have taken my medication......

We had a chat about ‘going to the game’ in the Canton Cross after the game and although we’d love to be entertained more the football itself is still 90 minutes in the middle of a good day out.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    We had a chat about ‘going to the game’ in the Canton Cross after the game and although we’d love to be entertained more the football itself is still 90 minutes in the middle of a good day out.
    The 90 minutes of football may be hard work to watch, but it gives us something to talk about after.