+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City seeking 'extra finances', says chairman Mehmet Dalman

Cardiff City seeking 'extra finances', says chairman Mehmet Dalman

Re: Cardiff City seeking 'extra finances', says chairman Mehmet Dalman

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Never seems clear what he’s saying.

We are refinancing but there will be no money ?

Also these court cases.

Hammam and Isaac doing further damage to the club. Clear then what they were after when they got involved and it wasn’t for the love of the club like they made out

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Never seems clear what he’s saying.

We are refinancing but there will be no money ?

Also these court cases.

Hammam and Isaac doing further damage to the club. Clear then what they were after when they got involved and it wasn’t for the love of the club like they made out
    I wonder how much Hammam put into the club out of his own money?

Feedback

a long winded way of saying we're ****ed both on and off the pitch.

I just wonder if Tan might be nearing the stage when he decides to cut his losses and sell the club for a bargain basement price?

With all the mounting issues on and off the pitch and major financial constraints, what positives can he see in maintaining the club?

I'm hoping that if he significantly reduces his asking price we may attract the right sort of ownership with vision and suitable investment to get us out of this mess.

How have they managed to f*ck things up so badly?

What sort of manager would come to the club when the team is in such disarray and knowing that no signings will be made in January and next Summer (and knowing that players in their last year of their contracts won't be retained)? I think it realistic to expect relegation this season or next season and we can only hope that new ownership can be found to avoid us slipping into League Two.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    How have they managed to f*ck things up so badly?
    To be fair, the pandemic probably hasn't helped

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    What sort of manager would come to the club when the team is in such disarray and knowing that no signings will be made in January and next Summer (and knowing that players in their last year of their contracts won't be retained)? I think it realistic to expect relegation this season or next season and we can only hope that new ownership can be found to avoid us slipping into League Two.
    I'm starting to think relegation might be the catalyst we need for a completely fresh start.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I'm starting to think relegation might be the catalyst we need for a completely fresh start.
    If we get relegated with our finances, we won’t be back in a hurry. We have to avoid relegation at all costs.

I read it as a bit of b*llshit thrown in for effect (not to say it is incorrect what he is saying - but more that it has been said to attempt to manage expectations downward.) I believe he was referring to Tan further extending debt facilities to the club just to meet ongoing running as it is either from his own wealth or via an institution. He may of course be referring to seeking buyers outright or investors (*cough* Mike Ashley) but I think the reason for dropping it in was to highlight just how important Tan's willingness is to the club's future; the advertising should anyone fancy sparing us a few bob (*cough* Ashley) wouldn't have hurt at the same time MD would have thought.

So the club is seeking additional financing. So what? Clubs do that all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I wonder how much Hammam put into the club out of his own money?
    Nothing he didn't get back through his companies with added high interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I just wonder if Tan might be nearing the stage when he decides to cut his losses and sell the club for a bargain basement price?

With all the mounting issues on and off the pitch and major financial constraints, what positives can he see in maintaining the club?

I'm hoping that if he significantly reduces his asking price we may attract the right sort of ownership with vision and suitable investment to get us out of this mess.
    If he does sell then hopefully to a very rich consortium and a company linked to the scrote whose trying to get cash from us agian