+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: League 1 excitement

Banned

League 1 excitement

I for one HOPE we go down.
    Those stadiums in the bottom 2 divisions are the ones I love to go to.
    Proper fans, great times on the tit bus.
    Bloody love it mun.
    I'd have no problem as a fan, going down a league.

Re: League 1 excitement

Away games would be amazing. Home games though……

Yea cold wet midweek trips getting beat at Accrington and Fleetwood sound exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Yea cold wet midweek trips getting beat at Accrington and Fleetwood sound exciting.
    New adventures .

We could bring Mick back to coach us for these games to ensure we enjoy the bitter taste of defeat at these places.

I love away trips, being stuck in the Championship has put my 92 quest on hold, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Cambridge, Lincoln & Wimbledon would move me up to 84.

Band of Brothers

Why would you above supporters prefer the City being less successful than we are even now? In life most people want the best for themselves in work, for their children etc. Nobody wants to be sacked, see their offspring struggle in life and so on. Home games in the bottom 2 divisions were bleak affairs. Championship and Premiership at home is much more exciting, as are the away games with bigger crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Why would you above supporters prefer the City being less successful than we are even now? In life most people want the best for themselves in work, for their children etc. Nobody wants to be sacked, see their offspring struggle in life and so on. Home games in the bottom 2 divisions were bleak affairs. Championship and Premiership at home is much more exciting, as are the away games with bigger crowds.
    Was the same in the PL, people were looking forward to relegation as the championship is more fun, less plastics, can rebuild etc etc.

I think those of us who are old enough remember enjoyable one season visits to the old Third Division which ended in a promotion while tending to try to forget the one season stay in that league which ended in another relegation in 85/86!

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Bloody love it mun.
    34,000 in the PL. 18,000 in the Championship. 10,000 in League 1. Suggest not everyone shares that view.

so they can fill their stadium challenge which is far more important to them than city doing well

I often think back to the early 90's and the full we had in the last Division the Big fish in the small pond, now Im too old to participate in what I enjoyed back then, but the youngsters would have a great time I am sure, lets be honest, they were special days

just need to enter the Welsh cup to have a European adventure in the Europa League :Wales:

I can see this team relegated to League 1 and going straight down to League 2. Then we would have to worry about staying in the football league. Not for me. I prefer to stay where we are unlikely as that may seem.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I often think back to the early 90's and the full we had in the last Division the Big fish in the small pond, now Im too old to participate in what I enjoyed back then, but the youngsters would have a great time I am sure, lets be honest, they were special days

just need to enter the Welsh cup to have a European adventure in the Europa League :Wales:
    There were some special days. Most of it was utter shit.

Im sure id have preferred those days if wed been in Division 1 or even 2.

I’m sure some people think we will get relegated and for some reason start playing good football. No doubt if we go down further cut backs will need to be made and it would be a tough season

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Bloody love it mun.
    Seems to me that suits some of fan base and I have no problem going down the leagues but aways would be a haven for wannabe hoolies wanting play Billy big bollocks and ruining it for everyone else - only for people to to write books or contribute chapters to books about the fun they had some years later

If we go down all our top flight stars will leave us

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    If we go down all our top flight stars will leave us
    Top flight stars ?

Name one .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Top flight stars ?

Name one .

If we went down it wouldn’t bother me, always thought it was more fun following the city in the lower divisions.It would be different to the last time as I think the attendances would be around 15,000.

We could financially reset and build back better 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Top flight stars ?

Name one .
    you think that post was to be taken seriously Jim..?

I think, err, the glasses worn within this thread are very much of a rose tint!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    There were some special days. Most of it was utter shit.

Im sure id have preferred those days if wed been in Division 1 or even 2.
    true

but the special days made the shit worth it imho

I can't believe anyone would want a return to the lower divisions.
    Too many people had rose tinted specs anyone who think it will be a return to the Eddie may and Phil stant days will be disappointed. That was a bygone era.
    If you want to go to Fleetwood, book a bed and breakfast

Ah … the mascot punch up & Spencer Prior trying to apologise, a 0-4 defeat at Bury I believe! Rainy nights in Halifax, the great outdoors in Gillingham, pasties in Plymouth, the Southend canteen, the underdog days when we took high flying Crewe to a replay and midweek trips to York.

Games against Accrington, Morecambe and Shrewsbury? Aye, can't wait...

The only decent thing about those days was dreaming about the Championship.