+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tan In Control Or Meddling????

Tan In Control Or Meddling????

Think there a difference between an owner controlling day to day matters and calling the big decisions such as finances, management appointments, there is evidence that Tan has delivered financially,can't see any direct evidence of fiddling around with first team working or decisions , I think Mick is very black white animal to allow that to happen without us knowing.

Think the tactics this year were based on reducing wages , no big incoming transfers and a club wanting to exploit its best crop of youngster's for some time, and a lot are Welsh , is it a money saver strategy? course its

Mick would have known that at the appointment stage ,I'm sure the first question any Manager has with an owner is 'how much have I got to spend and improve the squad ' the answer in my view was not much perhaps you can see that in the Bamba v Mcguinness decision.

I never had the club down as a basket case, yes they maybe more nieve than many other clubs, some of which are In a bad way financially.

Trouble with running a football club in comparison to a business, you have much more control in business, football is controlled by media, fans, highly paid egos, player revolts, contracts weighted to the player ,dangerously so in my humble opinion.

The next decision is massive , what we do know is we've been here before and we will return to this , whoever the owner or Manager is .

Re: Tan In Control Or Meddling????

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Think there a difference between an owner controlling day to day matters and calling the big decisions such as finances, management appointments, there is evidence that Tan has delivered financially,can't see any direct evidence of fiddling around with first team working or decisions , I think Mick is very black white animal to allow that to happen without us knowing.

Think the tactics this year were based on reducing wages , no big incoming transfers and a club wanting to exploit its best crop of youngster's for some time, and a lot are Welsh , is it a money saver strategy? course its

Mick would have known that at the appointment stage ,I'm sure the first question any Manager has with an owner is 'how much have I got to spend and improve the squad ' the answer in my view was not much perhaps you can see that in the Bamba v Mcguinness decision.

I never had the club down as a basket case, yes they maybe more nieve than many other clubs, some of which are In a bad way financially.

Trouble with running a football club in comparison to a business, you have much more control in business, football is controlled by media, fans, highly paid egos, player revolts, contracts weighted to the player ,dangerously so in my humble opinion.

The next decision is massive , what we do know is we've been here before and we will return to this , whoever the owner or Manager is .
    Meddling.

He gets involved. Accused of meddling.
    He stands back. Accused of not caring.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    So true

An owner insisting on making footballing decisions is meddling, no question about it.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Pardon?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    An owner insisting on making footballing decisions is meddling, no question about it.
    Where’s the truth in this

Where’s the truth in this
    "As I have already mentioned MD stated that change of manager decision was in the hands of VT, all major decisions require the rubber stamp of VT even down to style of football.

Apparently VT favours the “direct” style of football which has been a feature of our play in recent times. "

Taken from the notes of a meeting Mehmet Dalman had with supporter's representatives yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Pardon?
    Yeah I wasn't alone then

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Yeah I wasn't alone then
    He lost me with: "I think Mick is very black white animal to allow that to happen without us knowing."

He lost me with: "I think Mick is very black white animal to allow that to happen without us knowing."
    He has a burning question on his mind - is Tan in control or meddling?

1st supersentence/paragraph - He sees no direct evidence of him meddling.

How much truth is in it though?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    How much truth is in it though?
    Don't you trust the Chairman, Stan?

Don't you trust the Chairman, Stan?
    Not everything he says no..

Does he make footballing decisions?

"As I have already mentioned MD stated that change of manager decision was in the hands of VT, all major decisions require the rubber stamp of VT even down to style of football.

Apparently VT favours the “direct” style of football which has been a feature of our play in recent times. "

Taken from the notes of a meeting Mehmet Dalman had with supporter's representatives yesterday.
    Direct style of play? If that’s what he wants he certainly ain’t been seeing it. Seems no style of play.

Mick is a Zebra.

The plan to bring in kids might have had half a chance of working if we had any recent success in this area. It would have been a tough ask for a club with an academy who churned out products at borderline first team level most seasons let alone at City.

We were basically asking Mick and his staff to shoe horn kids that weren't ready into the first team squad and turn them from competent Under 23 level players to competent Championship level players almost overnight.

Now that would seem like absolute craziness to anybody but our set of businessmen at the upper end of the hierarchy at our club.
    If they want relegation from this league and fans to turn away in their droves then they are going the right way about the fastest way to do that. Yes supporters should be just that but they also won't pay good money to watch rubbish and won't have the pi$$ taken out of them. We're already losing a lot of fans at home regardless of what attendances say.