+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mehmet Dalman's extraordinary meeting with City supporter representatives yesterday.

Re: Mehmet Dalman's extraordinary meeting with City supporter representatives yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    My take on it, was that Tan thought he'd get a lot of decent good offers for the club if he gave the likes of Warnock millions to spend. However, as I stated in my original post i don't believe he has received one decent concrete offer for the club. Yes, he might well have received a few derisory offers, but nothing worth him selling the club for., at the time, pre-covid.

As an aside, how many times has Tan actually attended home games after we turned back to blue? My memory, which isn't always correct, says it is just the once v Derby, several seasons back. I get the impression he wanted us in and around the play-offs, or even in the prem, just like Warnock manged to get us to be (without spending a vast amount of his cash to do so), so we would be viable to sell. As I've said just my own, probably cynical lol, thoughts
    He was at the Reading game when we got promoted.

Re: Mehmet Dalman's extraordinary meeting with City supporter representatives yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What experience has he got in managing a team above League 2 level - none.

What has he actually achieved at Newport - nothing.

If the best compliment you can give him is that his teams ‘give their all’, I would have thought that should be a minimum requirement of any team and it is hardly anything to write home about.
    And yet after a record 8 defeats under a manager who is supposed to be the more experienced we've done so well haven't we? Do some homework on what he's achieved at Newport with bugger all. Saving Newport from dropping out of the Football League is no mean feat. Beating Leeds with a League 2 side. A play-off final last season. That's nothing? It seems that Cardiff City sides have regulalrly been failing abysmally by your metrics since we got promoted because I haven't seen us give the minimum requirement for years. To see a Cardiff side give their all would be something to write home about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    My take on it, was that Tan thought he'd get a lot of decent good offers for the club if he gave the likes of Warnock millions to spend. However, as I stated in my original post i don't believe he has received one decent concrete offer for the club. Yes, he might well have received a few derisory offers, but nothing worth him selling the club for., at the time, pre-covid.

As an aside, how many times has Tan actually attended home games after we turned back to blue? My memory, which isn't always correct, says it is just the once v Derby, several seasons back. I get the impression he wanted us in and around the play-offs, or even in the prem, just like Warnock manged to get us to be (without spending a vast amount of his cash to do so), so we would be viable to sell. As I've said just my own, probably cynical lol, thoughts
    I can see what your saying. But maybe i'm wrong in saying not all owners attend games. Tan is a businessman he probably has other interests to keep an eye on to. Same has the big companies i worked for in the past i don't think i ever saw the main man in any of them. That didn't mean he/she wasn't interested the business they just had people in place to do that side of things.

Theres a list of depressing options.

Mike Flynn is one of them.

So what would you define as ‘properly support the business’ then. Conservative estimates say that he has pumped over £200m into the club since he came here and that he was covering losses of £3.5m a month during lockdown. Not enough for you though apparently.

How many Championship clubs have spent big this season - hardly any and most are taking severe cost cutting measures. We are not alone in this but there is no evidence that we cant survive or that Tan is going to pull the plug either.

What would happen if Tan did ‘walk away’. We would go bust is the answer but apparently that is preferable to you than him continuing.

How do you know what our players have been earning ?

Your post is all guesswork and supposition but I am not surprised that some people of here have agreed with it, as there has been an agenda to get rid of Tan by some almost since he arrived and every manager we have had in the last 8 years has been castigated and ridiculed almost as soon as they get their feet under the desk.
    We've had some epic failures though, to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Why?

Completely inept tactically and no way got what it takes to manage ccfc according to a player I know who worked under him

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Why?
    He has no CV to take over a Championship club.

If he hadnt been a manager of a club just down the road he wouldnt even be mentioned.

Ive seen plenty of lower league highlights and ive seen L1 teams play better passing football than us. Why arent these L1 managers being mentioned. Answer they are not 10 miles down the road.

I also saw the whole of the L2 final and both sides were utter garbage. Nothing I saw made me think id want him here.

Hes just left a mid table L2 outfit.

If hes the best we can do then yep its seriously depressing.

Of course he may turn out to be some genius but his CV shouldnt have him near a job like ours.

If he hadnt been a manager of a club just down the road he wouldnt even be mentioned.

Ive seen plenty of lower league highlights and ive seen L1 teams play better passing football than us. Why arent these L1 managers being mentioned. Answer they are not 10 miles down the road.

I also saw the whole of the L2 final and both sides were utter garbage. Nothing I saw made me think id want him here.

Of course he may turn out to be some genius but his CV shouldnt have him near a job like ours.
    How about Duff of Cheltenham and someone like Artell of Crewe who have a promotion on their CV? Mind you, Flynn would as well were it not for a pathetic referee at Wembley back in May.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    How about Duff of Cheltenham and someone like Artell of Crewe who have a promotion on their CV? Mind you, Flynn would as well were it not for a pathetic referee at Wembley back in May.
    Duff appears highly thought of and apparently play good passing football I just doubt we will play comp.

The Morecambe manager had a promotion on his CV. They were worse than Newport. Wouldnt want him or Flynn.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Lest we forget that the vast majority of City's fanbase stood passively by while their club's identity was being stripped out from under them. Be realistic, what do you think the supporters are likely to do in the current circumstances?
    Yep, good point, the fans are far more likely just to show apathy by not turning up. Something active needs to be done though.

If the club is being stripped bare then why did we turn down offers for Kiefer Moore and Cieran Brown?
    As much as I don't think the board has a lot of footballing nous, it's pretty blatant that Moore scoring goals is the only hope we have of staying up this season. Especially when the offers came so late, it would have been suicidal to sell him. They know the importance of the club avoiding relegation.

Marley Watkins signing for a couple of weeks and then leaving I think proves my point. The board didn't want to sign anyone that McCarthy couldn't guarantee was going to start regularly, so he wasn't signed. Same with Wintle and Murphy being loaned out - we clearly more options in the squad, but because they weren't guaranteed starters we shipped them out.

So what would you define as ‘properly support the business’ then. Conservative estimates say that he has pumped over £200m into the club since he came here and that he was covering losses of £3.5m a month during lockdown. Not enough for you though apparently.

How many Championship clubs have spent big this season - hardly any and most are taking severe cost cutting measures. We are not alone in this but there is no evidence that we cant survive or that Tan is going to pull the plug either.

What would happen if Tan did ‘walk away’. We would go bust is the answer but apparently that is preferable to you than him continuing.

How do you know what our players have been earning ?

Your post is all guesswork and supposition but I am not surprised that some people of here have agreed with it, as there has been an agenda to get rid of Tan by some almost since he arrived and every manager we have had in the last 8 years has been castigated and ridiculed almost as soon as they get their feet under the desk.
    I'll judge the owner of the club by their merits, it's nothing to do with an agenda against Tan. And even if there was, wouldn't people have the right to question someone who changed the club's kit colour, has seemed to show very little interest since we went back to blue, and has such a limited knowledge of football that they'd make decisions such as appointing the work experience boy as Head of Recruitment?

No one is saying these aren't difficult circumstances, but I refute the idea that we should just bow down and be grateful to an owner whose aim is ultimately to make money from a business. At least question what is going on?

Lost interest but still responsible for tactics. Its the silly season.
    It really is incredible how, in the minds of some, Tan has gone from a disinterested absentee owner to someone picking the team overnight. All based of course on a comment from a man these people think is a clown!

Well, I agree that it's seriously depressing. I don't subscribe to the view that there are huge differences in English football leagues these days nor do I subscribe to the view that a person's CV, when it comes to our squad, should be the main deciding factor. There's the top half of the EPL, the bottom half of the EPL and the top 4-5 clubs in The Championship and then there's the rest of us. When I don't go to Cardiff home matches I go to a lot of L1, L2 and non-league football as well as the Cymru Premier and am regularly reminded of how bad it is at CCFC. There are plenty of L1 and L2 sides that would beat us.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Well, I agree that it's seriously depressing. I don't subscribe to the view that there are huge differences in English football leagues these days nor do I subscribe to the view that a person's CV, when it comes to our squad, should be the main deciding factor. There's the top half of the EPL, the bottom half of the EPL and the top 4-5 clubs in The Championship and then there's the rest of us. When I don't go to Cardiff home matches I go to a lot of L1, L2 and non-league football as well as the Cymru Premier and am regularly reminded of how bad it is at CCFC. There are plenty of L1 and L2 sides that would beat us.
    Im playing 5 a side shortly give us a keeper and wed beat that lot that on Saturdays display. 😂

We have a footballing idiot running operations

Quote Originally Posted by wberksblue View Post
    I'll judge the owner of the club by their merits, it's nothing to do with an agenda against Tan. And even if there was, wouldn't people have the right to question someone who changed the club's kit colour, has seemed to show very little interest since we went back to blue, and has such a limited knowledge of football that they'd make decisions such as appointing the work experience boy as Head of Recruitment?

No one is saying these aren't difficult circumstances, but I refute the idea that we should just bow down and be grateful to an owner whose aim is ultimately to make money from a business. At least question what is going on?
    Hear hear with bells on!

An intelligent view at last. 👍

He was at the Reading game when we got promoted.

Got carried onto the pitch by club employees, making it look like he was Mr Popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Do me a Faerber View Post
    Got carried onto the pitch by club employees, making it look like he was Mr Popular.
    I bet for him that little cameo was worth all the millions he's put into the club. He probably thought Alex Ferguson look at me now.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Or was it more like this
    1561801354-1553434641-IMG_5891.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Who said anything about a plan? I haven't suggested there is any kind of genuine strategy in place at the club. I'm merely disputing your claims that Vincent Tan has completely lost interest and has no involvement in the club's activities. I think you're well wide of the mark.

A couple of days ago, Mick McCarthy said the following when asked if he'd spoken to Vincent Tan recently: "I've had two or three conversations with Vincent, yes, but you'll appreciate that, the fact that I've had them, I'm not going to tell you what was said."

I don't believe Messrs Dalman and Choo have a mandate to make any significant decisions regarding the club's operations. I believe anything and everything of any note goes through the owner. And I believe that's been the case for many years.
    Up to now VT has made the decisions. However, Jalill Rasheed is now CEO of the Berjaya corporation and recently appointed as a director of the football club. I reckon he will have an increasing influence on the Club if not total control in the future. Here is a snapshot of him from Linked InC4085BD0-DEAE-4C34-BF56-D1B087772466.jpg

Sorry it's in inverted. I'll try to correct..otherwise stand on your head to read it

C4085BD0-DEAE-4C34-BF56-D1B087772466.jpg[QUOTE=lisvaneblue;5238506]Sorry it's in inverted. I'll try to correct..otherwise stand on head