+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mehmet Dalman's extraordinary meeting with City supporter representatives yesterday.

Re: Mehmet Dalman's extraordinary meeting with City supporter representatives yesterday.

Tan playing a very expensive game of Football Manager through his yes men.

It seems he has got bored of this particular game though.

If he thinks that bringing kids in for quality professionals is the way to go then he has learnt nothing from this season at all. Would he admit he was wrong with anything though?

Re: Mehmet Dalman's extraordinary meeting with City supporter representatives yesterday.

Tan, Tan the relegation man

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

The message I sent out to Trust members very early this morning makes clear who was there representing the Trust and I have complete trust in him - as a Trust member that’s all I’m interested in. I can remember these sort of discussions nearly ten years ago regarding meetings held over the rebrand and we don’t appear to have moved on one iota.

I should emphasise that the comments following the message are mine as a City supporting blog writer and have nothing to do with Keith or the Trust.
    Totally agree with your comments and not moved in one iota especially by the club.

The issue for me is not who's there as I don't care but let's be clear on who they are representing which you and others have done

Otherwise it can end up a bit like this board a bit "cliquey" 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    The note the Trust prepared stated that reps from the Supporters Club and Disabled Supporters Group were also present so, no doubt, they will prepare their own notes of the meeting to circulate to their own members.
    👍 Thanks helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Totally agree with your comments and not moved in one iota especially by the club.

The issue for me is not who's there as I don't care but let's be clear on who they are representing which you and others have done

Otherwise it can end up a bit like this board a bit "cliquey" ��
    Fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Tan playing a very expensive game of Football Manager through his yes men.

It seems he has got bored of this particular game though.

If he thinks that bringing kids in for quality professionals is the way to go then he has learnt nothing from this season at all. Would he admit he was wrong with anything though?
    We are cutting cloth due to debts and ffp though.
    Debts run up by Tan himself so i'm not sticking up for him it's just the reason why we are cutting back in my opinion..

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    We are cutting cloth due to debts and ffp though.
    Debts run up by Tan himself so i'm not sticking up for him it's just the reason why we are cutting back in my opinion..
    I think we can all see what is happening.

It seems irrelevant who we bring in as manager as Tan, according to Dalman, oversees every football decision so they can't do their job anyway.
    That is bad enough without having to bring kids in from the under 23 level and make them competent Championship players overnight.

Could be worse. We could be Man U fans 😂

It seems irrelevant who we bring in as manager as Tan, according to Dalman, oversees every football decision so they can't do their job anyway.
    That is bad enough without having to bring kids in from the under 23 level and make them competent Championship players overnight.
    The words "nail and head" spring to mind. Someone mentioned "meddling'; it's far worse than that, it's dictatorship.

Does that mean the 5 CBs were Tan's idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    The words "nail and head" spring to mind. Someone mentioned "meddling'; it's far worse than that, it's dictatorship.
    Meddling for me is asking questions from time to time and trying to influence the manager.

Telephone calls after most games and Tan deciding our playing style and not the manager. That is ridiculous.
    It seems we haven't moved on from the days of "why isn't David Marshall scoring more goals?"

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Does that mean the 5 CBs were Tan's idea?
    If he has the final say on things as hands on as playing style then you'd say it was Tan.

He would at least have made sure it didn't happen again.

It all makes sense now. Man with very little football knowledge tries to stop goals by plugging more centre backs in.
    Like a bloke using sand bags before an impending flood.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Thanks Bob for posting that. Astonishing! We really are in deep shite and rudderless.
    I just wonder how many of the other 24 Championship clubs are in deep financial shite. Quite a few I should imagine.

10 months ago we signed a 4th division striker for £1M who barely played and was sent out on loan. This was in the middle of the pandemic with no-one going to games. Whose idea was that? If it was Tan and he gets a say in footballing matters wouldn't he expect to see the lad playing? Would he be happy that player was sent out on loan?

Also, if Choo and Dalman had okayed Sala then would Tan's input have been needed?

Does Tan have any idea how teams play below first team level? Wouldn't he want them to play the long ball game too?

Dalman answers a question and three more spring up afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I just wonder how many of the other 24 Championship clubs are in deep financial shite. Quite a few I should imagine.
    Maybe so but equally rudderless and constrained by the whims of a dictator? Not conspicuously that many.

Last time I checked "overbearing" was a negative character adjective.

Also, last time I checked " a lack of knowledge and experience in the industry" was a bad thing for anyone wishing to work in said industry.

Shouldn't "fit and proper" assessments also consider how much knowledge any potential owner has of the industry and limitations be put on the owners involvement according to how much knowledge she or he has ? There is more than one way to run a club into the ground. Mismanagement of the coaching staff and team are potentially as dangerous as financial mismanagement.

People like VT should be made to employ someone who takes care of football matters.

This guy is a loon...... and for all the promises of leaving the club in a better position, I'm not seeing it, and we've had twelve or so years of this guy now.

Anyone know how much is owed to Tan now ? I appreciate that COVID has hit his business badly but wasn’t he going to clear the debt by now ?

Meddling for me is asking questions from time to time and trying to influence the manager.

Telephone calls after most games and Tan deciding our playing style and not the manager. That is ridiculous.
    It seems we haven't moved on from the days of "why isn't David Marshall scoring more goals?"
    Come on are people still talking about that comment? Malky and his men played the media far far better than tan at the time. I don't believe for a second tans beef with malky was genuinely that our goalkeeper wasn't scoring enough goals.

I think the big question is why have dalman and choo set tan like up like they did yesterday? What's in it for them? What's in it for tan? I'm struggling to see who gains from what they did yesterday?

Whether they meant it or not the only message taken away is dalman, choo and even the manager is irrelevant at the club and everything is down to Vincent tan. Style of play, picking the manager, signings, absolutely everything. To choose to announce this when the club is on the worst run it's in entire history (therefore to send any abuse towards tan) seems odd to me and I can't work out who is intended to gain from it?

My personal opinion is tan has long ago lost interest in Cardiff city and he doesn't actually care. He doesn't care what anyone says about him and I don't believe he is anywhere near as involved as people believe he is- or as dalman and choo want everyone to believe he is.

are people taking a comment that seemed to be about tan being personally involved in a decision as large as sacking the manager, to mean that he made McCarthy pick 5 CBS and basically is forcing long ball upon us ?

There's no way that Tan chooses tactics and or teams. If he said he liked a "direct style" you could play tippy-tappy, tell him was direct and he wouldn't even know the difference. He's obviously a fan of what Man U did in the nineties and noughts. They had a marauding style, plenty of goals plenty of attacking play, they moved the ball with speed and purpose. You could say it was direct I suppose. But it's a million miles from what we have been doing of late. And that has nothing to do with quality. MM's team is not a lesser version of Ferguson's. Tan wouldn't even know that anyway. He just knows that Man U scored a lot of goals and won a lot of games. All this talk of Tan being involved in football decisions is bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    are people taking a comment that seemed to be about tan being personally involved in a decision as large as sacking the manager, to mean that he made McCarthy pick 5 CBS and basically is forcing long ball upon us ?
    Some are.

I'm sure Tan gives his opinion on all sorts of things in his phone calls with the manager or with Dalman or Choo - including throw away comments about playing style. He obviously has the final say on key appointments and the recruitment strategy (buy oven ready or grow your own!) and may make some bad calls because he doesn't understand the consequences of his decisions.

But Dalman's comments today sound like simple deflection - 'don't blame me, I'm just the messenger' even if he does state that 80% of the club's big challenges are sitting on his desk. Whether Tan takes that as a straight statement of fact that he is the final decision maker, or a disloyal attempt to blame the owner for the worst run in club history, we will find out in time.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Some are.

I'm sure Tan gives his opinion on all sorts of things in his phone calls with the manager or with Dalman or Choo - including throw away comments about playing style. He obviously has the final say on key appointments and the recruitment strategy (buy oven ready or grow your own!) and may make some bad calls because he doesn't understand the consequences of his decisions.

But Dalman's comments today sound like simple deflection - 'don't blame me, I'm just the messenger' even if he does state that 80% of the club's big challenges are sitting on his desk. Whether Tan takes that as a straight statement of fact that he is the final decision maker, or a disloyal attempt to blame the owner for the worst run in club history, we will find out in time.
    Yes. I reckon tan has basically lost any interest. As has dalman as yesterday seemed his fairwell meeting with the fans. I doubt we will be seeing him again and would guess he will be gone anytime now.

I almost wish the comments about tan were true as that would suggest he still gave a sh¡t. I'm astonished how many people seem to have fallen for what dalman was saying yesterday and taken it as gospel rather than trying to work out why the comments were made at all, and also why yesterday with the club on its worst run in its history was deemed the appropriate time to make them.......

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    My personal opinion is tan has long ago lost interest in Cardiff city and he doesn't actually care. He doesn't care what anyone says about him and I don't believe he is anywhere near as involved as people believe he is- or as dalman and choo want everyone to believe he is.
    Given all you know about him, you seriously believe that Vincent Tan pours millions of pounds into a business he's lost interest in and has little involvement with?

Incredible.