+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Mehmet Dalman's extraordinary meeting with City supporter representatives yesterday.

Re: Mehmet Dalman's extraordinary meeting with City supporter representatives yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Up to now VT has made the decisions. However, Jalill Rasheed is now CEO of the Berjaya corporation and recently appointed as a director of the football club. I reckon he will have an increasing influence on the Club if not total control in the future. Here is a snapshot of him from Linked InAttachment 4629
    Think there could be something to this.

Re: Mehmet Dalman's extraordinary meeting with City supporter representatives yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think there could be something to this.
    Very much so. I reckon Mr Rasheed has been asking questions and seeking answers from MD and KC.

Might go some way to explain why MD has been keen to put the blame on VT for some bad decision making over recent years.

Very much so. I reckon Mr Rasheed has been asking questions and seeking answers from MD and KC.

Might go some way to explain why MD has been keen to put the blame on VT for some bad decision making over recent years.
    Exactly.

……and now we now know that one of the major bad decisions by VT was giving in to Warnock and going against MD and KC over the Sala transfer. If he’d sided with his lieutenants, as he should have done, the Cardiff City landscape would be very different niow

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    ……and now we now know that one of the major bad decisions by VT was giving in to Warnock and going against MD and KC over the Sala transfer. If he’d sided with his lieutenants, as he should have done, the Cardiff City landscape would be very different niow
    The Sala transfer made sense to a lot of people at the time.

Nobody could have foreseen the crash. Certainly not those at our football club anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

Nobody could have foreseen the crash. Certainly not those at our football club anyway.
    The South Wales Echo report on the MD meeting was that he and KC were not against a Sala deal per se, rather they opposed it because they thought the price was too hig

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

Agreed, however, the transfer committee appear to have made some poor decisions over the years but we never get to know when they say no. In this case we do. Two critical members of the team said no and got overruled. Evidently, the transfer didn’t make sense to them. It would be interesting to know why they said no.

If I was there id have asked did they sanction the Madine , Glatzel , Flint transfers and did they all think giving Bacuna such a long contract was good business.

This was posted in WOL back in July with what appears to be the linked in quote

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...joins-21057858

IF Tan has fully allowed someone else to run his clubs there may be grounds for optimism in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If I was there id have asked did they sanction the Madine , Glatzel , Flint transfers and did they all think giving Bacuna such a long contract was good business.
    Exactly this.

This is why I think a two way meeting with chance to have a question and answer with some further questions would be good.

I understand he only gave 45 minutes but as many have said MD usually creates more further questions when he attempts to answer the initial one.