+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mehmet Dalman's extraordinary meeting with City supporter representatives yesterday.

Mehmet Dalman's extraordinary meeting with City supporter representatives yesterday.

Vincent Tan responsible for style of play and Warnock went over his head with Sala signing.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: Mehmet Dalman's extraordinary meeting with City supporter representatives yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Vincent Tan responsible for style of play and Warnock went over his head with Sala signing.

Thanks Bob for posting that. Astonishing! We really are in deep shite and rudderless.

Re: Mehmet Dalman's extraordinary meeting with City supporter representatives yesterday.

Wow, that’s quite the read! Thanks ToBW!

I think I’m a little shocked. No money in the summer as well? No renewal of contracts? Do we know who that is that’ll be leaving? And Tan gets to decide what kind of football we play?

Jesus Christ. We’re even more of a joke than I thought.

Is our debt to Tan?

Mehmet Dalman to exit stage left in the near future? That wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Thanks Bob for posting that. Astonishing! We really are in deep shite and rudderless.
    I notice the younger fans in the Canton End were singing 'Newport County' we're coming for you'. Having read Bob's posting it's more likely to be 'Wrexham, Wrexham' we're coming for you, then a few seasons later, 'Hereford United, we're coming for you'/ Sad to say, it really does make gloomy reading.

This is the most despondent I have felt since season 99/00 when we had managed to get out of the dungeon and into what is now League 1, only to get relegated at the end of the season and back to league 2. Everything seemed dire once Frankie Burrows got the sack and Billy Ayre continued in the same dismal fashion. Of course, 'Our Lord and Saviour' Sam Hammam took over in the summer of 2000. It really does feel as if we are plunging down to the level we were at before the Scamster came along. Or am I being unnaturally pessimistic this afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Wow, that’s quite the read! Thanks ToBW!

I think I’m a little shocked. No money in the summer as well? No renewal of contracts? Do we know who that is that’ll be leaving? And Tan gets to decide what kind of football we play?

Jesus Christ. We’re even more of a joke than I thought.
    I think that means the following would be leaving: Joe Ralls, Sean Morrison, Marlon Pack, Aden Flint, Alex Smithies, Isaac Vassell, Will Vaulks, Josh Murphy. Leaving us with Phillips, Nelson, Bacuna, Harris, Sang, Bagan, Ng, McGuinness, Moore, Collins, Bowen, Evans and Colwill

We're f*cked.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Looks like there may be a distancing from MD to VT and the current decision making.
    Especially considering MD stated about the need for more quality in the side last July and this never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I notice the younger fans in the Canton End were singing 'Newport County' we're coming for you'. Having read Bob's posting it's more likely to be 'Wrexham, Wrexham' we're coming for you, then a few seasons later, 'Hereford United, we're coming for you'/ Sad to say, it really does make gloomy reading.

This is the most despondent I have felt since season 99/00 when we had managed to get out of the dungeon and into what is now League 1, only to get relegated at the end of the season and back to league 2. Everything seemed dire once Frankie Burrows got the sack and Billy Ayre continued in the same dismal fashion. Of course, 'Our Lord and Saviour' Sam Hammam took over in the summer of 2000. It really does feel as if we are plunging down to the level we were at before the Scamster came along. Or am I being unnaturally pessimistic this afternoon?
    "Barry Town United, we're coming for you"

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I think that means the following would be leaving: Joe Ralls, Sean Morrison, Marlon Pack, Aden Flint, Alex Smithies, Isaac Vassell, Will Vaulks, Josh Murphy. Leaving us with Phillips, Nelson, Bacuna, Harris, Sang, Bagan, Ng, McGuinness, Moore, Collins, Bowen, Evans and Colwill

We're f*cked.
    Does it say that we will not be giving any of them new deals? I just think he’s mentioning it that it’ll be a challenge. I’d be surprised if some of them weren’t offered new deals on reduced terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Does it say that we will not be giving any of them new deals? I just think he’s mentioning it that it’ll be a challenge. I’d be surprised if some of them weren’t offered new deals on reduced terms.
    As would I, but this bit is concerning and I imagine TOBW knows more than me:
    "Is there an admission in there that all of the senior players who are out of contract this summer will not be offered new deals?

The answer to that would appear to be yes"

Even we did offer them deals is there a guarantee they'd be accepted?

We're f*cked.
    The only one on that list I would want to keep would be Ralls - all the others can go and still can't believe bacuna contract hasn't run out yet

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    The only one on that list I would want to keep would be Ralls - all the others can go and still can't believe bacuna contract hasn't run out yet
    How exactly do the supporters at that meeting act as representatives of other supporters - or are they sharing theirs and their mates views?

Every time I read these little tidbits of insider information about Tan, he comes across more and more like Donald Trump. An incompetent baby, that needs praise and appeasement and has to be shielded from the truth. Having said that, MD comes across as someone that's not averse to bullshitting when he's under the cosh.

Also, the whole thing about players not having their contract renewed and no transfers coming in makes no sense. It basically guarantees relegation, which I'm sure doesn't fit in with Tan's "plans". Or Tan's "wishes" which is probably a more accurate term.

How exactly do the supporters at that meeting act as representatives of other supporters - or are they sharing theirs and their mates views?
    The note of the meeting was prepared by Supporters Trust reps for the benefit of Supporters Trust members who they represent. The text of the note of the meeting in the blog was taken from an email sent to all Trust Members. Any further comments in the blog are those of the author of the blog.

If MD is not being paid for his role, what motivation is there for doing the role?

Dalman is a massive bullshitter. I wouldn't trust a single thing that he says.

If Dalman doesnt receive a salary, what's in it for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    If MD is not being paid for his role, what motivation is there for doing the role?
    I'm assuming he receives some form of monetary compensation that is able to be termed other than "salary".

We're f*cked.
    Plus the 3 Ws...Whyte, Wintle and Watters. The first two seem to be doing OK at their loan clubs. Watters....no idea about him. I presume he's still on our books until at least the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    The note of the meeting was prepared by Supporters Trust reps for the benefit of Supporters Trust members who they represent. The text of the note of the meeting in the blog was taken from an email sent to all Trust Members. Any further comments in the blog are those of the author of the blog.
    Thanks but this implies that it is only for trust members which is fine I am happy for the trust to represent the views of the trust but this talks about supporters reps and this is wider than the trust?

God, Cardiff City is like a football soap opera!
    It’s just never ending with our club.
    I think we should all try and be a bit calm about this, as it’s Dalman talking.
    What we really need is for Vincent Tan to come and talk to the fans - not a bland statement.
    He’s the owner, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Plus the 3 Ws...Whyte, Wintle and Watters. The first two seem to be doing OK at their loan clubs. Watters....no idea about him. I presume he's still on our books until at least the end of the season.
    I think Whyte's contact is up at the end of the season too, so that's another who'll almost certainly be leaving.

Thanks but this implies that it is only for trust members which is fine I am happy for the trust to represent the views of the trust but this talks about supporters reps and this is wider than the trust?
    The note the Trust prepared stated that reps from the Supporters Club and Disabled Supporters Group were also present so, no doubt, they will prepare their own notes of the meeting to circulate to their own members.

The message I sent out to Trust members very early this morning makes clear who was there representing the Trust and I have complete trust in him - as a Trust member that’s all I’m interested in. I can remember these sort of discussions nearly ten years ago regarding meetings held over the rebrand and we don’t appear to have moved on one iota.

I should emphasise that the comments following the message are mine as a City supporting blog writer and have nothing to do with Keith or the Trust.