+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Two Malaysian owners

Two Malaysian owners

And we get the sh!t one

Re: Two Malaysian owners

I think that's a bit strong BBB Tan is a business man first he supported us for ten years with two premier league visits on his cv.
    If any blame should be apportioned it is the fact he's had no one to be in CCFC 24hrs a day to run it.
    I believe the two there now are part timers who's business interests are based up in london.
    We should have someone there full-time to oversee the running of the club from top to bottom including the maneger.

Quote Originally Posted by lennybluebird View Post
    I think that's a bit strong BBB Tan is a business man first he supported us for ten years with two premier league visits on his cv.
    If any blame should be apportioned it is the fact he's had no one to be in CCFC 24hrs a day to run it.
    I believe the two there now are part timers who's business interests are based up in london.
    We should have someone there full-time to oversee the running of the club from top to bottom including the maneger.
    I get what you're saying Lenny but when you compare us with the way Leicester City have been run it is chalk and cheese. For all Tans positives his negatives far outweigh and I would say Tan is the major reason we find ourselves where are are today.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    I get what you're saying Lenny but when you compare us with the way Leicester City have been run it is chalk and cheese. For all Tans positives his negatives far outweigh and I would say Tan is the major reason we find ourselves where are are today.
    Yes.

I have always said all roads lead to Tan and they still do.

For an owner to have a direct say on footballing style is ridiculous outside of changing the manager.

Logic would indicate that when comparing "Two Malaysian owners" that it's essential that both owners are indeed Malaysian, comparing a Malaysian and a Thai undermines the point.

Still, those Asians are all the same, eh?

And we get the sh!t one
    Says the guy who can't even get a post on a messageboard right

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Yes.

I have always said all roads lead to Tan and they still do.

For an owner to have a direct say on footballing style is ridiculous outside of changing the manager.
    So you believe Dalman on some things then?

Tan is to blame for where we are at present but what Leicester have done and achieved is very rare.. Even under better ownership we probably won't get anywhere near to what they have done..

And we get the sh!t one

I don’t think Tony Fernandes record is better than Tan’s over his tenure so your logic doesn’t hold water. I think they’ve finished below us every season.

In the championship with two seasons in the premiership recently. If Tan hadn't taken over where would be? Would CCFC even exist?

1. Leicester are run by a Thai family.
    2. Said family are much much richer than Vincent Tan.
    3. Leicester were already a bigger club than us so the chance of success was greater.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    So you believe Dalman on some things then?
    If he's lying about Vinny he won't be doing that job for very long. So in this instance I think he is telling the truth unless he wants out.

Who knows what is the truth? I certainly don't.

Oops still stands. We don't compare to Leicester city.. Both teams in a similar position when the owners took over. Similar timescales and don't talk to me about money. Both have enough to do what Leicester did. Unfortunately we ended up with the fruitcake.

Oops still stands. We don't compare to Leicester city.. Both teams in a similar position when the owners took over. Similar timescales and don't talk to me about money. Both have enough to do what Leicester did. Unfortunately we ended up with the fruitcake.
    How on earth can you ignore the money? Of course money is a factor in the pursuit of success. Since the season both clubs got new owners Leicester are the 9th highest spending team in the English leagues (£556m), Cardiff are 29th (£153m). They’ve also just spent £100m+ on new training facilities.

If we have enough money to do what Leicester can do, how come so few of the 28 other teams that have spent more not replicated it? Fulham, Norwich, Watford, Brighton and Palace have all spent about double than what we have. Double what we’ve spent and still pretty much Premier League relegation fodder.

Look at the teams with a similar spending to us;
    QPR, 3 PL seasons and 0 cup finals.
    Middlesbrough, 1 PL season and 0 cup finals.
    Hull, 3 PL seasons and 1 cup final but relegated to League 1 as well.
    Cardiff, 2 PL seasons and 1 cup final.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    How on earth can you ignore the money? Of course money is a factor in the pursuit of success. Since the season both clubs got new owners Leicester are the 9th highest spending team in the English leagues (£556m), Cardiff are 29th (£153m). They’ve also just spent £100m+ on new training facilities.

If we have enough money to do what Leicester can do, how come so few of the 28 other teams that have spent more not replicated it? Fulham, Norwich, Watford, Brighton and Palace have all spent about double than what we have. Double what we’ve spent and still pretty much Premier League relegation fodder.

Look at the teams with a similar spending to us;
    QPR, 3 PL seasons and 0 cup finals.
    Middlesbrough, 1 PL season and 0 cup finals.
    Hull, 3 PL seasons and 1 cup final but relegated to League 1 as well.
    Cardiff, 2 PL seasons and 1 cup final.
    Look at the money they spent getting into the premier League. Obviously they have spent more than us since then but the money spent to get where they did was well within Tans budget.

Look at the money they spent getting into the premier League. Obviously they have spent more than us since then but the money spent to get where they did was well within Tans budget.
    You are very generous with other peoples money.........

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic would indicate that when comparing "Two Malaysian owners" that it's essential that both owners are indeed Malaysian, comparing a Malaysian and a Thai undermines the point.

Still, those Asians are all the same, eh?
    Racist. Reported.

I don't know the numbers but Tan did spend big getting to the premier League. Unfortunately unlike Leicester City's owners he did without any plan whatsoever!

If it’s so easy why don’t more teams manage it? Hull, QPR and Middlesbrough have spent the same as us and ended up the same (or worse in Hull’s case) place as us. Fulham and Norwich have been relegated 3 times and Brighton have never finished higher than 15th. All these teams have spent double what we have.

As far as I’m aware Tan doesn’t own all those teams too so what’s their excuse for not doing a Leicester?

I think Tan could have spent his money more wisely.

Leicester have invested in the infrastructure and built a new training complex if I remember rightly. They also seem to have a better connection with the City and community. Seems to be a much more holistic approach there to make sure they are secure and competitive long term.

On top of that they have made some shrewd manager selections and good signings. Some of which they have made a good profit on when sold.

We seem to have spent an awful lot of money on bang average players, only to see them leave the club for a fraction we spent or for nothing.

It seems very naïve for such an experienced business man. Proves you need high level football/sport people at the top too to advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post
    I think Tan could have spent his money more wisely.

Leicester have invested in the infrastructure and built a new training complex if I remember rightly. They also seem to have a better connection with the City and community. Seems to be a much more holistic approach there to make sure they are secure and competitive long term.

On top of that they have made some shrewd manager selections and good signings. Some of which they have made a good profit on when sold.

We seem to have spent an awful lot of money on bang average players, only to see them leave the club for a fraction we spent or for nothing.

It seems very naïve for such an experienced business man. Proves you need high level football/sport people at the top too to advise.
    Exactly this..Tan had the money to do a Leicester. In fact he spent the money to do a Leicester but he did so in the most shambolic way without any semblance of a sensible plan. We are where we are because of him and it's nothing more than he deserves. He can still fix this if he wants but he has to change as his way does not work.

I don't know the numbers but Tan did spend big getting to the premier League. Unfortunately unlike Leicester City's owners he did without any plan whatsoever!
    not everyone who succeeds will have had a good plan, and not everyone who failed had a bad plan.
    sometimes teams have a completely shit plan and win, others do everything right but somehow lose. luck and other random factors play a bigger part in success than a lot of people are prepared to acknowledge.
    I'm not in any way suggesting that we had a good plan by the way. just we shouldn't just copy whoever the latest flash in the pan are without careful consideration.
    on the other hand it would be REALLY unlucky to accidentally copy someone who had a worse strategy than us.