+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why would any decent manager come here to work under Tan?

Why would any decent manager come here to work under Tan?

Honestly asking here. Given the recent meeting with Dalman who basically revealed among other things that -

There will be no money to spend in January or next summer.
    Players whose contracts are running out will not be renewed.
    Tan has the last say on every football matter including our style of football.

What worthwhile football manager will come into a club with literally no free reign to do any actual managing?
    Not many unless desperate or just wanting the cash which is not in our interest as a club.
    It is no real mystery why some players seemingly can't be arsed.

We may as well have a Paul Trollop type who is decent on the training pitch and let old Vinny do the rest because it seems he is going to anyway regardless of how crap we might get.

I actually welcome us playing a team of kids now because the club can drop the line about VT funding us every 5 seconds because our wage bill will be absolute peanuts. We might then get an owner who actually cares a bit and realises that this way is not the way to success.

Re: Why would any decent manager come here to work under Tan?

Dalman did not say these things

- The players whose contracts are expiring will be let go

- The style of play is down to Tan

Dalman said Tan favours the direct football and I'd bet this is because we've been promoted twice with that style. Any manager who comes in between now and the summer will be limited to the direct stuff we've become familiar with because of our terrible our squad is so Tan's preference doesn't really matter.

There's going to be plenty of applications over the coming days whether you think they are decent or not is your own view. I've seen clubs in worse situations pull off 'decent' appointments in the past, I'd imagine there's managers out there who would be up for the challenge while getting paid a good wage, let's not be naïve mate.

a decent manager wouldn't..

..now, moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Honestly asking here.
    You know full well that you're not going to get any answers, so why keep spamming this board with your pointless, endless, repetitive nonsense?

Have a day off, or better still a week. You're strangling this message board. It's beyond tedious.

One reason could be to learn how to become a better football manager under the tutelage of the great Vincent Tan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You know full well that you're not going to get any answers, so why keep spamming this board with your pointless, endless, repetitive nonsense?

Have a day off, or better still a week. You're strangling this message board. It's beyond tedious.
    Said you 😄

That's the best one for a long time.

Might get myself some spiders.

You could always start your own thread.

Tell us the one about not giving a penny to the club and only watching them when receiving free tickets off mates. That's a brilliant one that will have people on the edge of their seat I'm sure.

Same old shite.
    Two replies to the same post is kinda perfect under the circumstances. On and on and on he goes.....

Two replies to the same post is kinda perfect under the circumstances. On and on and on he goes.....
    Yeah.
    Thanks for your input.

Whack up your award winning thread when you're ready. 👍

Could I suggest a title? The Boycotter that still attends

Said you ��

That's the best one for a long time.

Might get myself some spiders.
    I don't think they can chat about Cardiff City and answer your questions on Vincent Tan for you, would be shouting into the wind I fear.

It isn't just me that thinks this then. If he doesnt get any bites, he answers his own posts !!

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    I don't think they can chat about Cardiff City and answer your questions on Vincent Tan for you, would be shouting into the wind I fear.
    Yeah. They are a bit pointless but then so is coming onto the message board of a team you used to support to point score...

It is strange how some pass their time.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    It isn't just me that thinks this then. If he doesnt get any bites, he answers his own posts !!
    I might send multiple replies but I wouldn't make up things to make myself seem more important.

Is the club still doing just fine in your opinion?
    Have you found proof of the Madine loan fee?

😄 indeed

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Are you accusing me of being his alt? Lmao. Not all of us have enough time on our hands to troll message boards old man

why wouldn't they

its a win win

they do well, look at what they did with very little funds

they bomb, they get " sacked " have 1/2 the contract paid up and walk away with the hard luck story of " well they had no funds to spend "

win.win

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    why wouldn't they

its a win win

they do well, look at what they did with very little funds

they bomb, they get " sacked " have 1/2 the contract paid up and walk away with the hard luck story of " well they had no funds to spend "

win.win
    I want a manager coming here for the right reasons though. I think we all do.

One having at least some of the tools he requires at his disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Are you accusing me of being his alt? Lmao. Not all of us have enough time on our hands to troll message boards old man
    You've posted twice as much as I have per day while being a member here so it seems that might come as a surprise to you.

It isn't trolling though. My posts are genuine concerns.

You've posted twice as much as I have per day while being a member here so it seems that might come as a surprise to you.

It isn't trolling though. My posts are genuine concerns.
    I replied to DML you absolute tool. Perhaps you should take the advice above and have a break from the screens, it seems to be effecting you.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I replied to DML you absolute tool. Perhaps you should take the advice above and have a break from the screens, it seems to be effecting you.
    As I said, twice as many posts per day in the time you've been a member.

Maybe you should you tool.

You’re wasting the autumn years of your life just repeating nonsense on here. Give it a ****ing rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    You’re wasting the autumn years of your life just repeating nonsense on here. Give it a ****ing rest.
    I might do.

It won't be because some spider fancier who doesn't even support the club anymore, a hypocritical bloke saying I've got too much time on my hands while posting twice as much or whoever else fancies tells me to stop.

Thanks for the advice though.

Quite funny that the ones who say it is tedious and that I am a troll have taken a serious thread totally off topic.

Plenty of managers would.

We will still pay a good wage, and yes most of them do it for the money, they still have bills to pay.

The transfer funds will limit who we can get but its also a no lose situation for someone. Some may even not mind all the out of contract players going, we will have space on the wage bill to bring in players that he would want.

It's still a relatively decent sized club, paying good money even by champ standards, good facilities.

There's so many younger managers out there that would love a crack at the 2nd tier. Hopefully we take interviews rather than just going with someone recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Plenty of managers would.

We will still pay a good wage, and yes most of them do it for the money, they still have bills to pay.

The transfer funds will limit who we can get but its also a no lose situation for someone. Some may even not mind all the out of contract players going, we will have space on the wage bill to bring in players that he would want.

It's still a relatively decent sized club, paying good money even by champ standards, good facilities.

There's so many younger managers out there that would love a crack at the 2nd tier. Hopefully we take interviews rather than just going with someone recommended.
    You'd like to think they would interview the candidates to let them give the club their pitch and vision for what they believe they can achieve.

Even then you'd think that would then have to be relayed to Tan by Dalman or Choo.

It really is an odd set up here.

Quite funny that the ones who say it is tedious and that I am a troll have taken a serious thread totally off topic.
    I replied to your post and you completely ignored it, instead took offense to me responding to another person. This is why I said you should have a break from crying about Tan every time you come on here.

Yes my whopping 1.1 posts per day suggests I spend too much time on here, explains why you've made more comments today alone than I have all week. Turn the screen off