+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would stop Tan doing a 'Hammam' if he chose to do so?

Re: What would stop Tan doing a 'Hammam' if he chose to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    2019/20 Blackburn £16m, Millwall £13m City £46m, but, yes, probably a lot less last season, and even less this season. Maybe in the £20 - £25m now ??
    And how much is Tan putting in or did he say at the last time it was talked about?

I'm assuming those other clubs have owners covering their shortfalls too? If not, how do they do it?

That wage bill has risen under the ownership of Tan so if he needs anybody to hold accountable he should look in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    And how much is Tan putting in or did he say at the last time it was talked about?

I'm assuming those other clubs have owners covering their shortfalls too? If not, how do they do it?

That wage bill has risen under the ownership of Tan so if he needs anybody to hold accountable he should look in the mirror.
    Don't you understand?

He probably doesn't care

It's his club , he can do what he wants

He is not going to look in the mirror , this is just peanuts to him

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Don't you understand?

He probably doesn't care

It's his club , he can do what he wants

He is not going to look in the mirror , this is just peanuts to him
    He owns the club sludge. I get it.

The club is that of the fans for me. Without them Tan owns a club that is worthless. People should remember that. This club is nothing without the fans. A shell.

If I was him I would care though. If I could change what I did and save myself millions and get more success into the bargain I would listen to the advice and change my methods.

That's alright.
    Once this season ends our total wage bill will be about £10,000 a week with 10 former under 23s in the starting 11 in League 1.

How much larger is our wage bill than say your Blackburns or Millwalls of this league? Is our squad much more extravagant than theirs? I mean this season, not seasons gone by when we had PL or parachute payments.
    That's cool. We will have a £10,000 a week wage bill. We will be £130m+ in debt, but we will have a £10,000 wage bill.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    That's cool. We will have a £10,000 a week wage bill. We will be £130m+ in debt, but we will have a £10,000 wage bill.
    I was joking by the way.

I did not think our entire squad would be paid a total of £10,000 per week. I thought the ridiculous figure made clear it was a pi$$ take.

I was joking by the way.

I did not think our entire squad would be paid a total of £10,000 per week. I thought the ridiculous figure made clear it was a pi$$ take.
    You've been serious when saying worse

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    I don't know why fans invest so much concern in the clubs finances, didn't anybody learn anything over the past 20 years following the club, Cardiff City is, and in recent times has always been a poorly run business, and we are customers, the bossman himself told us all in a public statement what we should do if we weren't happy with the product..
    Surely it is longer than 20 years - when did the fans have a say in the club - not in my time following them?

People also make the voice known on the product hence why crowds fluctuate usually based on success on the pitch or not - this was the case long before we were called customers?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You've been serious when saying worse
    I might well have done.

None of us are perfect.

I was joking by the way.

It wasn't the realism of the £10,000 it was more the idea that we would be better off 'starting again' on a smaller cost base in League One would be one to go for...which I think I've seen similar mooted in another thread and think Ive mixed up threads.

Who is that 130 million of debt to?
    Because if its Tan then its his shit show he can suck it up.

It wasn't the realism of the £10,000 it was more the idea that we would be better off 'starting again' on a smaller cost base in League One would be one to go for...which I think I've seen similar mooted in another thread and think Ive mixed up threads.
    I've not suggested dropping into League 1 would benefit us in any way.

It just seems Tan wants to get as many youngsters or cheap options in regardless of the league we're in.

I realise it will be a bit more than £10k 😄

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Who is that 130 million of debt to?
    Because if its Tan then its his shit show he can suck it up.
    Indeed, it would be between Tan and CCFC should he ever say enough is enough. No-one would win.