+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jody Morris

Jody Morris

I appreciate that looking at the odds for new managers is no way of finding any certainty as to who will get the job, but I see that Jody Morris is 3/1 second favourite at the moment - how would you feel about him coming here? Maybe I should not think like this, but I can’t help but remember how he treated us in 2003 when he pissed off to sign for Leeds on the night before he was supposed to be confirming his transfer here - I wouldn’t want him here.

Re: Jody Morris

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I appreciate that looking at the odds for new managers is no way of finding any certainty as to who will get the job, but I see that Jody Morris is 3/1 second favourite at the moment - how would you feel about him coming here? Maybe I should not think like this, but I can’t help but remember how he treated us in 2003 when he pissed off to sign for Leeds on the night before he was supposed to be confirming his transfer here - I wouldn’t want him here.
    he did the same to Blackburn if I remember correctly

but I guess he was a little younger and hopefully has grown up a little since

I don't care too much about 2003 to be honest, not convinced someone so inexperienced is the answer but at this stage I'd take anyone but an old football dinosaur. Wasn't he linked with Swansea at one point?

That wouldn't bother me, Bob. I'd look at it another way, he makes decisions based on what's best for him, that can be a positive trait in the world of football.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I don't care too much about 2003 to be honest, not convinced someone so inexperienced is the answer but at this stage I'd take anyone but an old football dinosaur. Wasn't he linked with Swansea at one point?
    He was said to be leading the Swansea running whe they went for Martin. I've nothing against him bar 2003 but that was enough to have him permanently etched into my little black book - and I'm in no way saying that's the big or right way to be but I don't care in his case!

You'd really hold that against him? Choosing to sign for a bigger club 18 and a half years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    You'd really hold that against him? Choosing to sign for a bigger club 18 and a half years ago?
    The manner of it. It was a big two fingers up at all concerned at the club.

"Jody where are you?? We've been trying to get hold of you!"

"Ah I'm off to the Prem, mate" - *Click*

Put it this way, if I was in a position to offer him the City job, I’d be very reluctant to do so because I’d have no confidence that he would be in it for the long haul.

Put it this way, if I was in a position to offer him the City job, I’d be very reluctant to do so because I’d have no confidence that he would be in it for the long haul.
    Yeah but that will be the case for anyone successful. It would be nice to have a successful manager that a bigger club want and will pay comp for.

Not saying id want Morris though.

If we are looking at assistant managers...I'd prefer Eddie Newton.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    The manner of it. It was a big two fingers up at all concerned at the club.

"Jody where are you?? We've been trying to get hold of you!"

"Ah I'm off to the Prem, mate" - *Click*
    We were a newly promoted club who hadn't played at the championship level for 20 years. Leeds had been in the champions league semi final a year or 2 previously. It may have hurt us but it was a no brainer for him at the time. And it would all have been done via his agents etc..... It happens. Plus I am sure he has a different side to the story to the biased one we have all heard. Would be ridiculous to hold that against him.

We were a newly promoted club who hadn't played at the championship level for 20 years. Leeds had been in the champions league semi final a year or 2 previously. It may have hurt us but it was a no brainer for him at the time. And it would all have been done via his agents etc..... It happens. Plus I am sure he has a different side to the story to the biased one we have all heard. Would be ridiculous to hold that against him.
    On this issue I'm ridiculous and I wouldn't p*ss on him if he were in flames!

Let's be honest and you were Jody Morris what would you have done , it didn't last long for him at Leeds and he drifted down the leagues ,perhaps a lucky escape .

Loyalty and football tend not to go hand in hand ,if he's at Chelsea he has both experience of good football and many contacts, and knowledge of some very good prospects, perhaps we should grab a coach like that just for what he may bring us .

Tough midfielder,still turns out in veterans league perhaps player manager 🤔

The bigger question is, would he want us .

Anyways , perhaps one R Morison is the better option

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Let's be honest and you were Jody Morris what would you have done , it didn't last long for him at Leeds and he drifted down the leagues ,perhaps a lucky escape .

Loyalty and football tend not to go hand in hand ,if he's at Chelsea he has both experience of good football and many contacts, and knowledge of some very good prospects, perhaps we should grab a coach like that just for what he may bring us .

Tough midfielder,still turns out in veterans league perhaps player manager ��

The bigger question is, would he want us .

Anyways , perhaps one R Morison is the better option
    I'm not sure Ravel Morrison is the answer

"Beggars can't be choosers I was just going have have to put up with it there"

First thing I thought when i saw the odds was I don't want him anywhere near us as he shafted us back then.
    Also see John Terry was in the betting.
    Please give NO

I’m sure Morris can get a few young decent Chelsea players here if he came, we never seem to get managers who have any connections apart from neil with sol and junior….