+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donating goods to charity .......getting people to pick stuff up ?

Donating goods to charity .......getting people to pick stuff up ?

My local homeless charity in Bridgend will accept donations ......if you can bring them in ! ......but at present are very limited in availability to collect stuff. I am going in this afternoon to take in clothes but I have furniture that can't be fitted into a car

This is good quality stuff I could sell but I don't want to , I want to give it to the homeless or refugees

I have phoned up Emmaus in Bridgend , limited availability , Wallich homeless , no help at all , welsh refugee Council......gave me a link to rainbow of hope in Cardiff, no one in .....cardiffspace4u .......no answer

Anybody know a charity that will come to your house and collect large goods , preferably one for the vulnerable , homeless , refugees etc ?

Cheers

Re: Donating goods to charity .......getting people to pick stuff up ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    My local homeless charity in Bridgend will accept donations ......if you can bring them in ! ......but at present are very limited in availability to collect stuff. I am going in this afternoon to take in clothes but I have furniture that can't be fitted into a car

This is good quality stuff I could sell but I don't want to , I want to give it to the homeless or refugees

I have phoned up Emmaus in Bridgend , limited availability , Wallich homeless , no help at all , welsh refugee Council......gave me a link to rainbow of hope in Cardiff, no one in .....cardiffspace4u .......no answer

Anybody know a charity that will come to your house and collect large goods , preferably one for the vulnerable , homeless , refugees etc ?

Cheers
    Your going to struggle. Im in the process of clearing a house.

Some perfectly good stuff im almost resigned to paying someone to clear.

Off to a charity shop myself with some itens today.

The British Heart Foundation collect and they’ll definitely take furniture, also electrical items which a lot of charity shops avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Toggs View Post
    The British Heart Foundation collect and they’ll definitely take furniture, also electrical items which a lot of charity shops avoid.
    Cheers ill check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Toggs View Post
    I appreciate that , thanks

I am going to try finding someone who works with the homeless or vulnerable

If not the BHF will be getting a phonecall

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Your going to struggle. Im in the process of clearing a house.

Some perfectly good stuff im almost resigned to paying someone to clear.

Off to a charity shop myself with some itens today.
    It's like pulling teeth ff sake

The homeless , refugees , community centres helping the vulnerable ....no fecker answers the phone or mobile

I have got bed frames , sofa chairs , a recliner , tables , cuddly toys

Is everything your giving laminated mate?

Cerebral Palsy Wales (previously Bobath) have a furniture shop in Rhiwbina. Might be worth trying them to.
    Worth noting that any upholstered furniture will need a fire safety label on it, or they wont take it.

This charity were collecting pre covid so might be worth a try.

https://www.boomerangcardiff.org.uk/

Just sell it and give the money to charity

I appreciate that , thanks

I am going to try finding someone who works with the homeless or vulnerable

If not the BHF will be getting a phonecall
    NuLife on Dumballs Road were the only charity to pick up (Rhiwbina) when clearing my dad's house. Even that was at a push....not much room in their warehouse this time last year. Other stuff given away or paid to take to the tip. Decent stuff too. Hopefully lack of lockdown will help move items on.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Is everything your giving laminated mate?
    Laughing at that

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Just sell it and give the money to charity
    I want to give these items to the charity direct , I don't want to pay the wages of the chief exec

Duvet base .....direct to someone given a flat etc

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Cerebral Palsy Wales (previously Bobath) have a furniture shop in Rhiwbina. Might be worth trying them to.
    Worth noting that any upholstered furniture will need a fire safety label on it, or they wont take it.
    They won't collect out this way

We have found The Red Cross good in the past. Worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    We have found The Red Cross good in the past. Worth a try.
    It seems whilst the Red Cross and British Heart Foundation are cash rich charities and get plenty of donations the homeless and refugee ones need them but don't have the resources to pick them up

So there we go

Interesting, Sludge, they collected a settee and armchair from us (Talbot Green), that was a about four years ago.

Our daughters, who also live in Talbot Green) got rid of spme furniture through the local (Pontyclun)"hub".

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Interesting, Sludge, they collected a settee and armchair from us (Talbot Green), that was a about four years ago.

Our daughters, who also live in Talbot Green) got rid of spme furniture through the local (Pontyclun)"hub".
    I think they are all short of vans and storage space

Cheers
    Try nulife furniture in Cardiff. They do pickups, not sure if they'd do bridgend though depends what furniture you have.

They sell items to those in need for really cheap prices, they use the profits to train volunteers how to refurbish furniture.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Try nulife furniture in Cardiff. They do pickups, not sure if they'd do bridgend though depends what furniture you have.

They sell items to those in need for really cheap prices, they use the profits to train volunteers how to refurbish furniture.
    They don't but thank you

Quote Originally Posted by rob276 View Post
    This charity were collecting pre covid so might be worth a try.

https://www.boomerangcardiff.org.uk/
    Top Man

Just sorted out a collection for a week Thursday

Great charity for the homeless , directly helping them through kitting out flats or bedsits with furniture donated when someone is lucky enough to get a place to live or funding their projects by raising money through donations 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Laughing at that
    That did make me chuckle.

Top Man

Just sorted out a collection for a week Thursday

Great charity for the homeless , directly helping them through kitting out flats or bedsits with furniture donated when someone is lucky enough to get a place to live or funding their projects by raising money through donations ��
    They turned up at my mums today ,( pre booked) took what they could use , they are fairly strict in what they want, which is fair enough. Both myself and my partner wanted my late mums possessions to be recycled where possible , had to be a charity and homeless was top of the list.
    Filled a LWB van with anything that may have been of value or useful and headed into Barry which apparently has 17 charity shops of one kind or the other..
    After knocking on half a dozen doors , they didn't even want to see what we had , they are all jam packed, the council shop tomorrow in Lamby way , failing that its a skip . What a sign of the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    They turned up at my mums today ,( pre booked) took what they could use , they are fairly strict in what they want, which is fair enough. Both myself and my partner wanted my late mums possessions to be recycled where possible , had to be a charity and homeless was top of the list.
    Filled a LWB van with anything that may have been of value or useful and headed into Barry which apparently has 17 charity shops of one kind or the other..
    After knocking on half a dozen doors , they didn't even want to see what we had , they are all jam packed, the council shop tomorrow in Lamby way , failing that its a skip . What a sign of the times.
    shocking really, there's plenty of folks who would benefit from your kind gesture, back in the day Track2000 used to take furniture but i'm not sure if they're still going Jim, opposite Taff Embankment..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I pass this place regularly as it's just up the road from me. Opened in 2014. It's part of Cadwyn Housing Association. They collect. There's a lot of info and a form on the site. Nu Life Furniture.

EDIT: Just noticed this has already been mentioned.
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 27-10-21 at 04:50. Reason: Clarity.