+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Donating goods to charity .......getting people to pick stuff up ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Donating goods to charity .......getting people to pick stuff up ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Absolutely, sometimes, we can assume what's right for a person that is in a less fortunate position. That's not a bad thing, it's a caring attitude, although still presumptuous in my opinion. I always feel for these poor people who are given countless Gregg's pasties and MC Donald's coffee when maybe a couple of quid would allow them some choice and independence. To me, it's sort of control tactics as the thought is that they may buy alcohol or drugs. Food is not a problem for homeless people in this city.
    Me and my daughter used to ask people what they wanted for food, explain we were on the way shopping for other stuff and would bring it back on our way back down.
    It never varied much, greggs, meal deal in Tesco, Fast food etc and the drinks rarely moved away from hot drinks and water.

Re: Donating goods to charity .......getting people to pick stuff up ?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Me and my daughter used to ask people what they wanted for food, explain we were on the way shopping for other stuff and would bring it back on our way back down.
    It never varied much, greggs, meal deal in Tesco, Fast food etc and the drinks rarely moved away from hot drinks and water.
    That's good in my opinion. Some people slap a steak bake in their lap. The intention is good, but i do believe that as a society we can all act and think in a presumptuous manner towards the poorest and least fortunate.