Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
This is the eighty sixth message in this thread and, up to now, you've posted twenty of them - contributing nearly a quarter of the messages in quite a long thread while saying, more or less, the same thing brings to mind someone who used to post on here who also had the word "Wales" in their posting name.

You and Life on Mars seem to have a problem with understanding what the word/verb "balance" means. In your case approaching political threads on here and consistently arguing from a Brexit favouring, Johnson and Government supporting point of view does not constitute a balanced approach, quite the opposite in fact.

Your posting history is available for anyone to look at and, having done so through the first eight pages, I find that your stance when contributing to threads like this is completely predictable (see paragraph above).

In the interest of proper balance, I'll say that of course any one is going to welcome a rise in the minimum wage - calling it a "drop in the ocean" and a "sop" (as I have done) is not saying that there shouldn't be an increase, as you and others have alleged, it's questioning whether it is enough.

I made the point that this Government, which despite Johnson's attempts to portray it as a new one two years into its existence and unrelated to what came before it, is from the same party as the one which spent the 2010s levelling Britain down with it's austerity programme and that the 59p an hour increase is only a partial giving back of what has been taken from the poorest families. All you could say in reply was something along the lines of even if you're right, the increase is still a good thing. That's not balanced thinking, that's just ploughing on with your original point of view in the face of a differing opinion - the in vogue term for it is doubling down, something that hardly indicates a balanced approach.

As I pointed out earlier, you may have to go back a long way in my posting history to find them, but there are messages where I've given this Government credit for some of the things that they've done and, until it became clear that their shambolic handling of the pandemic in its early days had made the death toll in this country worse than it should have been, I argued that it was not a party political issue and so I was not going to be critical of the Government. Furthermore, as mentioned earlier, you would not have to go back too far in my posting history to find messages critical of the Labour Party - there are plenty of them, so, although I said it in jest, first time, I repeat that, strange as it may seem, my political contributions on here are more balanced than yours.
You say the Tories now are the same party as under Cameron etc al. Was the Blair Labour Party the same as the 1970s Labour Party or do you accept over time parties can change outlook?