+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: £9.50 Minimum Living Wage On The Way

Re: £9.50 Minimum Living Wage On The Way

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That last sentence is hilarious coming from you.

Tell you what, let’s see what the politically neutral Institute of Financial Studies is saying about the Budget come Thursday and Friday.
    I'm very balanced in my opinions and will praise or criticise either or any political party. I don't spend my time on here slagging parties off and I base my opinions on reality not some sectarian party political stuff.

The economy needs realigning to better favour working people and if the Tories have a policy that helps achieve that, I applaud it. The vast majority couldn't care less which party is in power, it's about outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't really see the furlough scheme as a deal, there was no option. Any less would've caused huge hardship. Maybe some businesses and sole traders did alright out of it with them still trading while they were on it.
    Thats because the Furlough scheme was pretty decent

if they had said 60% or even 50% ( like Thatcher might have done ) people would have struggled even more, but the old Tories ( Thatcher era ) wouldn't have cared

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I'm very balanced in my opinions and will praise or criticise either or any political party. I don't spend my time on here slagging parties off and I base my opinions on reality not some sectarian party political stuff.

The economy needs realigning to better favour working people and if the Tories have a policy that helps achieve that, I applaud it. The vast majority couldn't care less which party is in power, it's about outcomes.
    That first paragraph would be quite impressive if someone else was saying it about you, but what’s that line about self praise being no recommendation?

Be prepared for price rises from businesses who pay the minimum wage. Bigger wage bills from this and the national insurance rise will inevitably be passed on to customers.

Got to be done though.

Feedback

That last sentence is hilarious coming from you.

Tell you what, let’s see what the politically neutral Institute of Financial Studies is saying about the Budget come Thursday and Friday.
    The IFS is full of left leaning idealists, certainly at the lower levels.

Saying that they're pretty objective, even if their economists are by and large keynesians

That first paragraph would be quite impressive if someone else was saying it about you, but what’s that line about self praise being no recommendation?
    No, sorry, if you say something untrue about me then I'm going to counter it.

Show me where I have been unbalanced? I can scroll up a handful of posts for where you seemingly refused to support a rise in the minimum wage because of who was doing it.

I would never do that. If Labour, Plaid, Tory, Lib Dem, whomever do something I think is good then I will praise it.

It was £7.20 back in 2016 when Osborne shocked folk by bringing it in bannered as the national living wage designed to throw Labour and re - position the Tories as a working class party ??? now its £9.50. I wonder if there's an early election brewing ???

No, sorry, if you say something untrue about me then I'm going to counter it.

Show me where I have been unbalanced? I can scroll up a handful of posts for where you seemingly refused to support a rise in the minimum wage because of who was doing it.

I would never do that. If Labour, Plaid, Tory, Lib Dem, whomever do something I think is good then I will praise it.
    This thread is full of Tories trying to convince others that they aren’t Tories

Seriously, I’ve not seen any signs of political balance on here from you. Very occasionally, I’ve given the Government credit for something they’ve done and I often have a go at Labour. Based on what’s posted on here, I could almost argue that I’m more balanced than you - emphasis on almost.

Seriously, I’ve not seen any signs of political balance on here from you. Very occasionally, I’ve given the Government credit for something they’ve done and I often have a go at Labour. Based on what’s posted on here, I could almost argue that I’m more balanced than you - emphasis on almost.
    Actually, the thread was about a rise in the minimum wage, more or less until you started talking about universal credit cuts (which aren't cuts but was the end oftemporary rises).

Then you started moaning at me and calling everyone Tories.

So: went off topic, some inaccurate facts spouted followed by insults. A good metaphor for most political threads on here.

Now show me where I've been unbalanced. Or in fact, don't bother, cos you will only be wasting your evening.

I'll never insult or stereotype anyone for how they vote any more than I would their religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    Whether you are for or against this will depend on which side of the political spectrum you fall.

As always those who like to think they are objective in their analysis are anything but.
    I find it amusing that the party that opposed the minimum wage and was generally against minimum wage rises as a threat to business, is now so much in favour of it, same with the supporters of that party.

Sadly Labour are being their usual ineffective selves over this again.

Lets see if the public service pay freeze continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    The IFS is full of left leaning idealists, certainly at the lower levels.

Saying that they're pretty objective, even if their economists are by and large keynesians
    Aye you Deffo know more about economic analysis than them

I mean you are one of the prime movers in the city . of Cardiff.

Actually, the thread was about a rise in the minimum wage, more or less until you started talking about universal credit cuts (which aren't cuts but was the end oftemporary rises).

Then you started moaning at me and calling everyone Tories.

So: went off topic, some inaccurate facts spouted followed by insults. A good metaphor for most political threads on here.

Now show me where I've been unbalanced. Or in fact, don't bother, cos you will only be wasting your evening.

I'll never insult or stereotype anyone for how they vote any more than I would their religion.
    Bollocks

You , blue matt , lom etc , rabid doff capping tory boys

It's cringeworthy stuff

You would be better off moving to Guildford and all the wine bars

I am not a tory BUT ........waffles on about how well the Tories are doing

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I find it amusing that the party that opposed the minimum wage and was generally against minimum wage rises as a threat to business, is now so much in favour of it, same with the supporters of that party.

Sadly Labour are being their usual ineffective selves over this again.
    The tories are tossers

Problem is Labour and the rest of the opposition are dead in the water

Boris is a pissed up racist public school boy given loads of free holidays

He's doing what he wants

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Bollocks

You , blue matt , lom etc , rabid doff capping tory boys

It's cringeworthy stuff

You would be better off moving to Guildford and all the wine bars
    I swear you are a secret Tory cell to drive more voters towards them!

it's good to see the min wage go up (but, and without being a financial type) it's simply not enough, i don't know if it gets topped up with assistance by the way of benefits', the timing IMO is, look over here don't look over there, when the blonde bombshell gets his green deal passed in Scotland, the majority of us will be digging deeper as we are currently, but the less well off in society will be Donald ducked.

It's good to see it's going up next year, but it's still behind the real living wage (£9.50 an hour for this year but expected to go up quite a bit when next year's is announced shortly). It's also way below the London living wage (£10.85 an hour this year).

I swear you are a secret Tory cell to drive more voters towards them!
    Oh you lot are a lost cause

Dantes inferno awaits you

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I hear they may un - freeze public sector pay .

This certainly doesn't look like austerity? 😳
    That will depend on whether it's backed up by extra funding to pay the pay rises. Teachers were given a pay rise last year that had to be funded from school budgets, effectively reducing their education budgets.
    The devil's always in the detail when Chancellors are concerned.

Even if what you say is true, surely you would welcome things that reverse that? You don't have to oppose or object to everything. You can applaud the good and still not support a parties overall ethos if you wish.

You don't have to view things in two colours; black and white.
    I will give you one hint, he isn't and you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    That will depend on whether it's backed up by extra funding to pay the pay rises. Teachers were given a pay rise last year that had to be funded from school budgets, effectively reducing their education budgets.
    The devil's always in the detail when Chancellors are concerned.
    Yes there is always deeper details, next Sundays quality tabloids will un pick I'm sure , the announcement is still a surprise one for many especially in these times , it will be intresting to see its explained away .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It was £7.20 back in 2016 when Osborne shocked folk by bringing it in bannered as the national living wage designed to throw Labour and re - position the Tories as a working class party ??? now its £9.50. I wonder if there's an early election brewing ???
    No, it was renamed to the national living wage as a media operation to weaken what the living wage foundation were putting out each month, i.e. a balanced calculation of a true living wage.

It shouldn't have shocked anybody, it was a typically slimy PR move.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I am not a tory BUT ........waffles on about how well the Tories are doing
    you dont need to be a Tory to appreciate things they have done, Not sure how anyone can moan about the Living wages being increased ( its a good thing regardless of which party has done it, We know if it was Labour increasing it by 59p a hour you would be all over it saying how much Labour looks after the working class and the Tories are evil )

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I will give you one hint, he isn't and you are.
    Except that's not true is it, and if it was you would provide an example

I will never criticise anyone based on how they vote and am always happy to applaud any party.