+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: £9.50 Minimum Living Wage On The Way

Re: £9.50 Minimum Living Wage On The Way

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You think this is a good rise in wages ?

What do you do ?

What do you earn an hour ?

You are a sycophantic tory arse licker
    No, I'm pleased to see wages rising for the lowest paid and I would be if Labour did it too. It's good news because the economy needs realignment.

You aren't happy because "the other side" did it. Not a care for those receiving rises, just opposition because you don't like the colour of the rosette.

And then you talk about 1999 and Eton for some reason, I honestly dont know why.

Talking Re: £9.50 Minimum Living Wage On The Way

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    The £20 U/C uplift was a temporary change in light of Covid, alongside loads of other things like Furlough, grants to businesses, loans to businesses etc.

Govts have to be able to react to emergencies with temporary changes. Every govt around the world did it to some extent.

By the same logic, anyone coming off furlough is now on a 25% payrise because they were on 80% of their salary before. However, no one claims that because it is understood that furlough was temporary.

Whether U/C is enough or not is one question, but the uplift was temporary and there is nothing wrong with that in principle.

(And my kids get it, so their mum has £80 a month less than last month now before anyone gets personal about it, as often happens)
    It’s a drop in the ocean when all of the price rises we’ve seen in recent weeks are taken into account. A sop given by a Government that levelled the country down for a decade and now makes out that they’re giving people something new when it’s only a part of what has been taken away from the poorest since 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    They certainly looked after the working class ( be it employed or self employed ) during Covid with a decent Furlough scheme, maybe they are the new party for the working class's
    Oh fecking hell give me a drink, listen to this

Am I in Wales or fecking Surrey ?

Yep because if you are earning a decent wage It's going to be a lot lot more than 9 pound 50

You may be earning less but are you struggling on 9 pound 50 an hour ?

Nope

Oh Im not earning less from all my work, my old work hasn't increased in price, but Ive moved my core business to much better paying work, Ive found some flash git in a 1 million pound house really doesn't care what I charge them, so thats my target business now, think of it as Robin Hood, robbing the rich to make me less poor

No, I'm pleased to see wages rising for the lowest paid and I would be if Labour did it too. It's good news because the economy needs realignment.

You aren't happy because "the other side" did it. Not a care for those receiving rises, just opposition because you don't like the colour of the rosette.

And then you talk about 1999 and Eton for some reason, I honestly dont know why.
    I yearn for a credible opposition of anything but tory voters to chase this mob of shysters up the road

Welsh people sucking up to that lot ? It's nauseating stuff from you creeps

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It’s a drop in the ocean when all of the price rises we’ve seen in recent weeks are taken into account. A sop given by a Government that levelled the country down for a decade and now makes out that they’re giving people something new when it’s only a part of what has been taken away from the poorest since 2010.
    Even if what you say is true, surely you would welcome things that reverse that? You don't have to oppose or object to everything. You can applaud the good and still not support a parties overall ethos if you wish.

You don't have to view things in two colours; black and white.

I yearn for a credible opposition of anything but tory voters to chase this mob of shysters up the road

Welsh people sucking up to that lot ? It's nauseating stuff from you creeps
    You love it!!

I've been waiting all day for this thread to spark to life.

A massive move ?

What do you earn an hour ?
    Think if you add it up across UK it's worth a lot to the exchequer, plus the rise for u23 are even better 21 to 22 going from £8.36 to £9.18.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    It's better than waiting for Emmerdale

Feedback

Funny that , two tory boys who on here would have been supporting the tories voting against the minimum wage brought in by someone else ......now are firmly behind it 🤔

59 pence wow
    Are people not allowed to change their mind?

😂

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    😂

Feedback

Whether you are for or against this will depend on which side of the political spectrum you fall.

As always those who like to think they are objective in their analysis are anything but.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It's better than waiting for Emmerdale
    them poor Northerners the north is always forgotten about by them evil Tories, they only care about the south

Even if what you say is true, surely you would welcome things that reverse that? You don't have to oppose or object to everything. You can applaud the good and still not support a parties overall ethos if you wish.

You don't have to view things in two colours; black and white.
    That last sentence is hilarious coming from you.

Tell you what, let’s see what the politically neutral Institute of Financial Studies is saying about the Budget come Thursday and Friday.

They certainly looked after the working class ( be it employed or self employed ) during Covid with a decent Furlough scheme, maybe they are the new party for the working class's
    Doesn’t that mean you should stop voting for them?

That last sentence is hilarious coming from you.

Tell you what, let’s see what the politically neutral Institute of Financial Studies is saying about the Budget come Thursday and Friday.
    Dont wait? like most organisations not funding managing it and wanting to be heard it will be a negative .

I think its remarkable considering the cost of 400 billion Covid costs

I hear they may un - freeze public sector pay .

This certainly doesn't look like austerity? 😳

£350 a week, gross. It's shite.

Think politics is becoming blurred this Tory government is so different to the Thatcher one that created so much hatred and you can still smell that rage.

It seems the parties are moving their fan base In some working class areas this will be welcomed as they are attracted to the Tories .

Labour may be becoming middle class?
    Neither Labour or the Tories give a **** about workers.

What were they supposed to do? Could you imagine if it had been under 80%? How would people eat? It wasn't a gesture of goodwill, it was a necessity, whoever is in government.

Doesn’t that mean you should stop voting for them?
    Voting for who ? ? ?

Im a Labour / PC voter ( though can't vote for PC down here ) though pointless voting for Labour here aswell, as its between the Tories and Lib Dems here

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What were they supposed to do? Could you imagine if it had been under 80%? How would people eat? It wasn't a gesture of goodwill, it was a necessity, whoever is in government.
    It was still a pretty decent Furough scheme for most

Dont wait? like most organisations not funding managing it and wanting to be heard it will be a negative .

I think its remarkable considering the cost of 400 billion Covid costs

I hear they may un - freeze public sector pay .

This certainly doesn't look like austerity? ��

What we’ve been getting for the last few days is what’s going to be in the Budget - what do you think they’re going to leak, the “good” bits or the “bad” bits?

https://public.uk.com/2021/10/25/spe...etails-budget/

It was still a pretty decent Furough scheme for most
    I don't really see the furlough scheme as a deal, there was no option. Any less would've caused huge hardship. Maybe some businesses and sole traders did alright out of it with them still trading while they were on it.