While we have been in sticky positions a few times before in this league I am not sure it has ever been so hopeless.

We haven't been without our difficulties several times since 2003 but I have never felt the squad is as doomed as this one is.

When slade, warnock, Harris and Mick came in to a struggling team I always felt the squad was under performing and a bit of a mess, but I always felt we had some good players and with a new manager boost and some basic organisation we would be fine-and every time above we were-comfortably-results picked up and in all 4 cases we were closer to promotion than relegation at the end.

However currently trying to pick my ideal team and every team I select has a defence that I think that will concede, a midfield that won't protect the defence or create anything and kieffer who is only useful if he has lots of good players around him-which he doesnt. While Mick did completely lose the plot I have no idea how a new manager will work with this?

The last 4 times we have been in this position we have got out of jail. Can we do a 5th?