+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Beale, an interesting new name in the possible manager’s list.

Re: Michael Beale, an interesting new name in the possible manager’s list.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I just googled "Norwegian tan" to find out more about this and immediately regretted it
    I aint looking

Beale is an excellent coach is that enough though with the position we find ourselves in?
    It would be a risk,but many supporters,myself included, would be happy for the club to take that risk

Quote Originally Posted by Davpont View Post
    Beale is an excellent coach is that enough though with the position we find ourselves in?
    It would be a risk,but many supporters,myself included, would be happy for the club to take that risk
    Yeah. The more I think about it the more I want us to go for a young manager like him, even if it is more of a risk on paper.
    There are no guarantees with a "proven" manager anyway, as we all know only too well.

Beale 10/1 with Skybet behind Wilder Flynn Morris and Harris.

Morison also 10/1.

No apologies for being cynical, but I think we have more chance of Pete Beale coming down here

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I'm glad we are looking at these types..
    I don't want us bringing in Pulis , Hughes or Houghton or similar
    Ray Houghton again, has he ever managed anyone? His name comes up regularly.

I personally hope we go down this route of a young coach with contacts in the game and new style however it surprises me after Dalmans comments about risk and saying Morison won’t be considered.

Why oh why didn't we appoint someone like this in the summer instead of giving MM a permanent contract?

I personally would love to see coaches playing the same style of football and that carried through to the first team. then the kids progress into the first team, but not only that coaches that also hit targets also progress up the ranks if they don't meet the targets set replace lower down.
    Also if a manager leaves there's someone who knows the style and players slotting straight in.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    I’d be surprised if any up and coming assistant / academy coach would want their future potential tarnished by taking on the challenge here at the moment.
    Yup, i suppose that they can wait for the next championship level club to come along. Best stay in their current jobs and also forfeit the best part of a million quid salary over a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Davpont View Post
    we can turn a excellent coach into a pile'o'shit within 8 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Why oh why didn't we appoint someone like this in the summer instead of giving MM a permanent contract?
    Because we're Tantastic Cardiff City 😱

Quote Originally Posted by discodaz View Post
    I personally would love to see coaches playing the same style of football and that carried through to the first team. then the kids progress into the first team, but not only that coaches that also hit targets also progress up the ranks if they don't meet the targets set replace lower down.
    Also if a manager leaves there's someone who knows the style and players slotting straight in.
    Beale and Morison together? Continuity from the younger squads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    No apologies for being cynical, but I think we have more chance of Pete Beale coming down here
    Why? Managers with a decent coach behind them know that the natural career move for many of them one day will be into management somewhere. He's shown that he's prepared to travel and move about to progress his career.

Might not be a bad job for a young aspiring manager. Christ, if an unproven bloke does ok here it’ll be a hell of tick on his CV. I really hope the club go for it, the ageing managerial merry go round has to hit the buffers soon, it’s been ridiculous for years.

Why not. Great track record, superb contacts. We can’t moan 90% of the people on here have been demanding an appointment like this.

Because we have amateurs running Tans show, costing him a fortune by the look of it

The perfect time for an appointment like this was after we got relegated from the prem.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Why not. Great track record, superb contacts. We can’t moan 90% of the people on here have been demanding an appointment like this.
    Because he could easily be a dud

It’s the same rubbish from the fans when they say play all the kids! Get some foreign manager that’s completely novel

People want to tear everything down and start afresh assuming it’s all going to be alright. Take a risk rather than patch what we got.

As always it’s a shot in the dark, it may work it may be dreadful

Because the people that run Cardiff City don't know what they're doing. If this story is true, at least they're beginning to realise it.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

It’s the same rubbish from the fans when they say play all the kids! Get some foreign manager that’s completely novel

People want to tear everything down and start afresh assuming it’s all going to be alright. Take a risk rather than patch what we got.

That is true of every potential appointment

Thanks for listing every possible outcome of every appointment, but what was your point?

Tear everything down?

And Mick was 'a safe pair of hands'..... except he wasn't so safe.

Beale seems to be an excellent coach, a very good man-manager and someone willing to accept new challenges.

He may not be as good as some of the old hands on managing up to the Board and owner, but if we are faced with a season of Championship survival based on bringing through youth players, he seems to me to be one of the better fits in the possibles list.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    And Mick was 'a safe pair of hands'..... except he wasn't so safe.

Beale seems to be an excellent coach, a very good man-manager and someone willing to accept new challenges.

He may not be as good as some of the old hands on managing up to the Board and owner, but if we are faced with a season of Championship survival based on bringing through youth players, he seems to me to be one of the better fits in the possibles list.
    Wasn’t Trollope a excellent coach?