+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Michael Beale, an interesting new name in the possible manager’s list.

Re: Michael Beale, an interesting new name in the possible manager’s list.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Wasn’t Trollope a excellent coach?
    using your logic we can never appoint anyone.

Go for an experienced manager? Mick was a disaster

Go for a young coach who has done well in his positions? Trollope was a disaster

Go for a younger manager with a bit of experience managing? Harris wasn't very good

You aren't making a point.

You are hell bent on this one aren't you.

Dug your trench ain't leaving.

Because he could easily be a dud

It’s the same rubbish from the fans when they say play all the kids! Get some foreign manager that’s completely novel

People want to tear everything down and start afresh assuming it’s all going to be alright. Take a risk rather than patch what we got.

As always it’s a shot in the dark, it may work it may be dreadful
    Don’t you think two worst ever club records created in our last match signifies that we need more than just the same old, same old? If what we’ve been watching since McCarthy signed his new contract last March isn’t “dreadful”, what is?

It’s funny, we try to play in a different way for two months, it doesn’t
    work and we ditch it completely. We spend virtually all the past seven seasons playing in a percentage based, set piece orientated and boring manner which has brought no lasting success and, in fact, has us heading towards relegation and yet people are still arguing against a change of approach.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    work and we ditch it completely. We spend virtually all the past seven seasons playing in a percentage based, set piece orientated and boring manner which has brought no lasting success and, in fact, has us heading towards relegation and yet people are still arguing against a change of approach.
    I think most people are open to being more progressive, just trying to see it from Tan's point of view. the last time he appointed an inexperienced coach he was so bad he was gone again 2 months later and then we had an immediate change of fortunes with a certain type of manager, so it is understandable that they would be hesitant.

I'd love one of these young up and coming coaches.

They will treat the job as a big step up, be eager to do well and maybe respect it as a good job than another payday.

If we don't have transfer money and have to bring through youth then someone with fresh ideas but also experience of bringing through youth players would be ideal. He would have contacts at some good clubs to get decent loans also.

Don’t you think two worst ever club records created in our last match signifies that we need more than just the same old, same old? If what we’ve been watching since McCarthy signed his new contract last March isn’t “dreadful”, what is?
    I think what he's getting at is there's no guarantee to whatever we bring in.

I'd be confident that no matter who comes in the fans will criticize for one thing or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think most people are open to being more progressive, just trying to see it from Tan's point of view. the last time he appointed an inexperienced coach he was so bad he was gone again 2 months later and then we had an immediate change of fortunes with a certain type of manager, so it is understandable that they would be hesitant.
    16/17 was different to the current situation though. I can remember the crowd singing he’s one of own to Declan John who was the only youngster who had come through the ranks who was likely to be in first team contention and he had first played at senior level five years earlier without consolidating his first team place. The talk was all about getting younger players into the team, but the truth that was still some way off when Trollope was appointed, so, apart from the few players he had bought in, he had to work with a senior squad assembled to play like Russell Slade wanted us to.

While that situation still exists to the extent that Neil Harris, apparently, gave up on trying to implement a more expansive style because of the limitations of the senior players, a new manager looking to change the current approach has far more to work with than Trollope in terms of young talent. Clearly this is the best group of young players the club has had in more than a decade and the law of averages says that at least one and probably two can become good first team players for us - hire a Beale or Barry Murphy and you’d like to think that could become three or four.

People talking about Trollope like he was progressive, possession based, I mean, c'mon. It was still pretty basic and flat. It goes to show how starved of anything good we've been if people think like that. It was in-between football, at best, midfield still stood on the Same blade of grass.

I'm not against this appointment but people will just throw out random names of players and managers just because it's the opposite of what we had previously, not because it has a good chance of succeeding.

Look at the amount of calls for Bellamy just because he's from Cardiff, and Sol previously because he's a nice guy.

My point being you can't just keep flip flopping every 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I think what he's getting at is there's no guarantee to whatever we bring in.

I'd be confident that no matter who comes in the fans will criticize for one thing or another.
    Well, if we were to appoint, say, Beale, I’d say there would be responsibility on fans to be more patient. Using myself as an example, someone like Beale is the sort of figure I’ve been advocating we bring in for years on my blog and I’m certain there are thousands more who think like me. If the club are seen to have done what significant numbers of supporters, probably a majority now I’d say, have been calling for, we can hardly go criticising Tan and co for appointing him if things aren’t going well.

Similarly, I think any young manager who is set on playing in a more expansive and entertaining way is going to face a huge challenge if he tries to implement his values straight away given the make up of the squad and the system most of them have played under. It may well be that some compromises would be required for the short to medium term and this should be borne in mind if the football isn’t as different from before as many of us hoped it would be.

I'm not against this appointment but people will just throw out random names of players and managers just because it's the opposite of what we had previously, not because it has a good chance of succeeding.

Look at the amount of calls for Bellamy just because he's from Cardiff, and Sol previously because he's a nice guy.

When it comes to style of play and the type of signings made in the majority of cases, we’ve hardly been flip flopping - apart from those few months with Trollope, the name on the manager’s desk may have been different, but the approach has, essentially, been the same since Slade’s appointment.

16/17 was different to the current situation though. I can remember the crowd singing he’s one of own to Declan John who was the only youngster who had come through the ranks who was likely to be in first team contention and he had first played at senior level five years earlier without consolidating his first team place. The talk was all about getting younger players into the team, but the truth that was still some way off when Trollope was appointed, so, apart from the few players he had bought in, he had to work with a senior squad assembled to play like Russell Slade wanted us to.

While that situation still exists to the extent that Neil Harris, apparently, gave up on trying to implement a more expansive style because of the limitations of the senior players, a new manager looking to change the current approach has far more to work with than Trollope in terms of young talent. Clearly this is the best group of young players the club has had in more than a decade and the law of averages says that at least one and probably two can become good first team players for us - hire a Beale or Barry Murphy and you’d like to think that could become three or four.
    I would definitely like to think that, and if somehow the choice for the next manager fell to me then I'd definitely want someone progressive. If I had many millions of pounds of my own money riding on it though I would probably err on the side of caution

No one is throwing out random names these are people genuinely being linked with the job (other than Sol).

When it comes to style of play and the type of signings made in the majority of cases, we’ve hardly been flip flopping - apart from those few months with Trollope, the name on the manager’s desk may have been different, but the approach has, essentially, been the same since Slade’s appointment.
    Exactly.

I'm not sure what he's trying to get at, not even close.

What are you talking about? Beale has been linked with the job, it's not fans throwing out his name and seeing if it sticks.

Well, if we were to appoint, say, Beale, I’d say there would be responsibility on fans to be more patient. Using myself as an example, someone like Beale is the sort of figure I’ve been advocating we bring in for years on my blog and I’m certain there are thousands more who think like me. If the club are seen to have done what significant numbers of supporters, probably a majority now I’d say, have been calling for, we can hardly go criticising Tan and co for appointing him if things aren’t going well.

Similarly, I think any young manager who is set on playing in a more expansive and entertaining way is going to face a huge challenge if he tries to implement his values straight away given the make up of the squad and the system most of them have played under. It may well be that some compromises would be required for the short to medium term and this should be borne in mind if the football isn’t as different from before as many of us hoped it would be.
    Now is probably a good a time as any to make the change. We have the limited ability players coming to the end of their contract with slim prospect of a new contract and a batch of talented, compared to many of our senior players, footballers coming through.

I'm with you all the way but I'm not sure compromise is term I'd use with most football fans.

They want success and they want it now.

Personally I couldn't give a monkeys about the success, just don't want it to feel like a chore watching them.