+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City Phone In Last Night

Cardiff City Phone In Last Night

Last night’s show was very interesting, with Peter Bradbury on.
    He made some interesting points about the recent comments made by our hierarchy (with a nod towards TOBW):

He considers it to be unprofessional and demoralising.
    I’d add that a lot of that stuff is commercially sensitive. We’re talking about a multi million pound company being run (part time) by a couple of clowns who don’t know when to shut up. They’ve embarrassed themselves and the club - and Tan, no doubt.
    In fact, as mentioned in another thread, I wonder if their time is coming to an end.

He also mentioned that a club of this size should have full time management, not a couple of part-timers based on London.
    This actually gives strength to the argument in favour of a full time Director of Football, allowing our part time CEO and Chairman more time to focus on non-football matters - like us being skint, for instance.

Peter’s other main point was about that Director of Football role: he suggested Stephen McPhail, with Mark Hudson as Manager/Head Coach, which personally, I find quite an exciting prospect. Not that it’s likely to happen.

Thoughts?

Re: Cardiff City Phone In Last Night

Love to see McPhail back as a CEO and I'd leave the manager appointment to him .. would Steve want it probably not.

Couple of things occur to me, was Steve McPhail still at the club when Vincent Tan arrived? I think he was, but I’m not sure he would have been playing much because of his illness, so how well would they know each other? There would be no such problem with Mark Hudson, but I’m sure he’s said some uncomplimentary, but correct, things about the rebrand since leaving.us and that may not have pleased our owner.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Couple of things occur to me, was Steve McPhail still at the club when Vincent Tan arrived? I think he was, but I’m not sure he would have been playing much because of his illness, so how well would they know each other? There would be no such problem with Mark Hudson, but I’m sure he’s said some uncomplimentary, but correct, things about the rebrand since leaving.us and that may not have pleased our owner.
    They seemed to know each other at the players awards last promotion season Paul. There was an award made to club doctor and Steve mcphail made an emotional speech on stage and i am sure there seemed to be some connection with VT. Mind as you say i don't think he was playing in VT's era at the helm.
    Spedger
    Last edited by Sloop_Jon_Bee; 26-10-21 at 17:07. Reason: grammer

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    He made some interesting points about the recent comments made by our hierarchy (with a nod towards TOBW):

I’d add that a lot of that stuff is commercially sensitive. We’re talking about a multi million pound company being run (part time) by a couple of clowns who don’t know when to shut up. They’ve embarrassed themselves and the club - and Tan, no doubt.
    In fact, as mentioned in another thread, I wonder if their time is coming to an end.

He also mentioned that a club of this size should have full time management, not a couple of part-timers based on London.
    This actually gives strength to the argument in favour of a full time Director of Football, allowing our part time CEO and Chairman more time to focus on non-football matters - like us being skint, for instance.

Peter’s other main point was about that Director of Football role: he suggested Stephen McPhail, with Mark Hudson as Manager/Head Coach, which personally, I find quite an exciting prospect. Not that it’s likely to happen.

Thoughts?
    I’m not saying it’s a bad suggestion, but where do these names come from? Why McPhail and not Kavangh or LFW or Steve White or Spencer Prior?

Unless people have some additional info to make them think he’d be suitable beyond he sounded kind of intelligent in interviews

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    I’m not saying it’s a bad suggestion, but where do these names come from? Why McPhail and not Kavangh or LFW or Steve White or Spencer Prior?

Unless people have some additional info to make them think he’d be suitable beyond he sounded kind of intelligent in interviews
    That’s what I was wondering, just googled and he’s sporting director at shamrock Rovers.

To be honest I don’t care if a new director of football played for us or not, just want the right person for the job. Same with all the people who say Bamba would have been manager, I just don’t see it just because he played for us.

Thoughts?
    I think a record-breaking 8 consecutive defeats should be the biggest embarrassment. But I agree, they've washed some very dirty linen in public which is very unprofessional. The lack of full-time management is an epic fail in a long list. Something I'm not sure has been mentioned, but when it was admitted that Warnock went 'over their heads' I'd have kept quiet about it because if ever there was an indication of their lack of control at board level, then that was it. The fact that Warnock did it and knew he could get away with it speaks volumes.

Who is Peter Bradbury? No idea.

Also why does he think getting someone from the League of Ireland is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Who is Peter Bradbury? No idea.

Also why does he think getting someone from the League of Ireland is a good idea.
    Peter is Labour councillor for Caerau, but also a well known Bluebirds fan and is frequently on the phone in.

Stephen McFail is widely respected and acknowledged to have done a great job at Shamrock Rovers.

Bit of a difference isn’t it- Shamrock Rovers to Cardiff City. League of Ireland to the Championship ?!! Don’t get this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Bit of a difference isn’t it- Shamrock Rovers to Cardiff City. League of Ireland to the Championship ?!! Don’t get this one.
    Don't worry no-one wants to come to us apparently - the wise men of the board have spoken. To big a shit show apparently - it must be true it was on sky 👍

Peter is Labour councillor for Caerau, but also a well known Bluebirds fan and is frequently on the phone in.

Stephen McFail is widely respected and acknowledged to have done a great job at Shamrock Rovers.
    Bit of an unfortunate misspelling there.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Bit of an unfortunate misspelling there.
    I recall it was a regular spelling when he played for us. Some experts of the time felt he gave us nothing on the field. How his passing ability (albeit backwards and sideways) would help us at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I recall it was a regular spelling when he played for us. Some experts of the time felt he gave us nothing on the field. How his passing ability (albeit backwards and sideways) would help us at present.
    Catch some of his through balls to Chopra on you tube, it was a different game, no, a totally different sport, than what we play now