+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where did the Tan interfering come from?

Re: Where did the Tan interfering come from?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    The buck stops with whoever brought the manager in
    I blame Danny Gabbidon, only because of his successful management moment with young Scott

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...nt-tan-cardiff

"It is understood there have been occasions during this season when Tan – who recently claimed his investment in the club stands at £125m – has interfered with team matters on a matchday. Although it has not happened every week, Tan has tried to convey messages from the stand during Premier League fixtures, including suggested substitutions and tactical changes."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...eting-10789213

“He demanded from the manager that all the defenders got in and had a meeting.
    “He showed everyone that goal and was telling them to do it on Saturday.”
    Oh come on. Surely people can see that was malky and his people playing the media better than tan could. Remember the David Marshall why haven't you scored chants? Good humoured and surely nobody believed Tan was actually angry that David Marshall isn't scoring more goals?! Are people really that gullible to believe whatever the media are fed?

Re the gabbidon one I'm sure it's true but if that is the worst anyone has? He's clearly joking. Or even if he's not joking it can just ve laughed off-as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    So people on message boards whose support for the club doesn't extend much beyond attending matches can ask questions and discuss tactics but the owner who has invested at least £125m in the club can't. Is that what people are saying or have I got it wrong?
    No well done you got it right. A football club is not like your regular bog standard business; it's a community institution. Tan is merely the latest in a long list of caretakers of the club. We offer our support on trust and it should never be abused. The difference is that we supporters have the club's sole interest at heart ( dare I also say soul, no pun intended) and not just the size of our bank balance.

Tan should never ever interfere with footballing matters apart from overseeing business strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Under performing managers who were picked by who exactly?

Under performing players who were picked by those manager and signed off by who again?

If you picked a cowboy builder to build you a house, paid him, signed it off on completion and it collapsed the day after would you not consider yourself at least partially at fault?
    There not cowboys , there highly paid experinced decent championship professionals, and on most occasions the players take thier toys home 🙄

I remember Ben Turner saying about the time he played one week in a nil-nil draw, then being dropped for the next game against Hull.
    When Turner asked Solskjar why? Solskjar’s reason was that he was told to play the Spanish defender (Cala?) in the next game, and that it was not a reflection about Turner’s performance, and if was up to Solskjar Turner would be playing against Hull.
    City went on to lose against Hull 4-0.

I can’t remember if the story came from the John Parkin podcast, or from a newspaper serialisation from a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Oh come on. Surely people can see that was malky and his people playing the media better than tan could. Remember the David Marshall why haven't you scored chants? Good humoured and surely nobody believed Tan was actually angry that David Marshall isn't scoring more goals?! Are people really that gullible to believe whatever the media are fed?

Re the gabbidon one I'm sure it's true but if that is the worst anyone has? He's clearly joking. Or even if he's not joking it can just ve laughed off-as it was.
    That's right, don't believe the media. Just believe whatever you want. If you feel compelled to believe "the media" (not a monolith BTW), feel free to interpret it any way you choose and twist it to suit your narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    So people on message boards whose support for the club doesn't extend much beyond attending matches can ask questions and discuss tactics but the owner who has invested at least £125m in the club can't. Is that what people are saying or have I got it wrong?
    Yes, you have got it wrong. This thread is about whether or not Tan interfered. Not whether or not he had a right to.

It started off as:

Who has said he pokes his nose in?
    Any former players or manager said this?
    Genuine question

It turned out former players had in fact said this. But that wasn't good enough. It soon became apparent that it wasn't actually a genuine question.