+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where did the Tan interfering come from?

Where did the Tan interfering come from?

Who has said he pokes his nose in?
    Any former players or manager said this?
    Genuine question

Re: Where did the Tan interfering come from?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Who has said he pokes his nose in?
    Any former players or manager said this?
    Genuine question
    Every manager we've had under him, as well as Dalman and Choo on several occasions. Apart from that, nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Every manager we've had under him, as well as Dalman and Choo on several occasions. Apart from that, nobody
    Any link to these i can't find nothing..
    The reason i ask is a workmate reckoned Tan interferes but when i asked who has said this he couldn't answer..

I think Warnock has referred to him making suggestions or asked questions why certain players aren’t playing but I would think he’s well within his rights to do so, I’m sure we would mostly do the same.

I doubt he interferes like Sam used to

Etien Velikonja

https://www.theguardian.com/football...nt-tan-cardiff

"It is understood there have been occasions during this season when Tan – who recently claimed his investment in the club stands at £125m – has interfered with team matters on a matchday. Although it has not happened every week, Tan has tried to convey messages from the stand during Premier League fixtures, including suggested substitutions and tactical changes."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...eting-10789213

“He demanded from the manager that all the defenders got in and had a meeting.
    “He showed everyone that goal and was telling them to do it on Saturday.”

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...nt-tan-cardiff

"It is understood there have been occasions during this season when Tan – who recently claimed his investment in the club stands at £125m – has interfered with team matters on a matchday. Although it has not happened every week, Tan has tried to convey messages from the stand during Premier League fixtures, including suggested substitutions and tactical changes."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...eting-10789213

“He demanded from the manager that all the defenders got in and had a meeting.
    “He showed everyone that goal and was telling them to do it on Saturday.”
    Could that have been just humour though?
    I'm not sticking up for him but it's hardly evidence he interfered with the team and managerial decisions has some people claim..
    Telling players to shoot from the half way line is hardly is nothing it's not like the players start doing it..
    People make out he tells the manager who to pick and how to play which i believe is absolute bollocks..

You asked where the Tan interfering came from and you asked for links. Which I provided.

Personally, I think the following is pretty damning.

"It is understood there have been occasions during this season when Tan... has interfered with team matters on a matchday. Although it has not happened every week, Tan has tried to convey messages from the stand during Premier League fixtures, including suggested substitutions and tactical changes."

If you don't want to believe it, you don't have to.

You asked where the Tan interfering came from and you asked for links. Which I provided.

"It is understood there have been occasions during this season when Tan... has interfered with team matters on a matchday. Although it has not happened every week, Tan has tried to convey messages from the stand during Premier League fixtures, including suggested substitutions and tactical changes."

That's fair enough i didn't see that, Who was quoted saying this?

I'm not sticking up for him but it's hardly evidence he interfered with the team and managerial decisions has some people claim..
    Telling players to shoot from the half way line is hardly is nothing it's not like the players start doing it..
    People make out he tells the manager who to pick and how to play which i believe is absolute bollocks..
    Sam was humorous as he used to walk around the touchline inciting opposition fans and didn't he sit in the dugout on occasions or at least try to.

Love to know the truth re Tans level of interference - fact or myth

Am I missing something here or didn’t you all read the meeting with Dalman last week where he said, with his own mouth, that Tan has final say on everything, including the team’s playing style.

Rest assured you are dealing with a meddling buffoon here.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Press reports using ""It is understood there have been occasions during this season when Tan.... " does not constitute proof.

I'm with you on this one.

When Danny G recalled the conversation with defenders, I don't doubt that what was referred to was in jest.

Of course he talks about the club he owns with his employees and may say something like have we tried this or that he's not running the day to day ,match to match ,management stuff .

I find it amusing were asking this as there was criticism when we fell away from the premiership first time his attendance and involvement was not so obvious, it was suggested he wanted out.

If you need to blame someone look no further than the players and manager he's bank rolling .

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Am I missing something here or didn’t you all read the meeting with Dalman last week where he said, with his own mouth, that Tan has final say on everything, including the team’s playing style.

Of course he does by the manager he picks.

Although I’m not fully confident in the WoL article after they messed up what Dalman said on other key areas

I think we're all guilty of that one. It doesn't say that any of his suggestions were taken on board.

Must be true if it came from that meeting.

It’s all come from The Dark Side.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Must be true if it came from that meeting.
    If it isn't true then the club can communicate something any time they like.

As it is those meetings are all we have got by way of communication from the club.

Do you think Tan would let Dalman say he meddles if he didn't? He would be gone already if he was lying I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    If it isn't true then the club can communicate something any time they like.

As it is those meetings are all we have got by way of communication from the club.

Do you think Tan would let Dalman say he meddles if he didn't? He would be gone already if he was lying I'm sure.
    If I was owner and we were playing shit id give my input as well.

Im sure every owner does.

Remember this is the owner who has no interest one minute and choosing tactics the next.

Do I believe when the manager is in place Tan has any influence on tactics team selection. No.

Thanks to that disaster of a meeting a lot of fans including those with an agenda are now spouting this.

If Tan chooses tactics then hes got 2 promotions under his belt.😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If I was owner and we were playing shit id give my input as well.

Im sure every owner does.

Remember this is the owner who has no interest one minute and choosing tactics the next.

Do I believe when the manager is in place Tan has any influence on tactics team selection. No.

Thanks to that disaster of a meeting a lot of fans including those with an agenda are now spouting this.

If Tan chooses tactics then hes got 2 promotions under his belt.😂
    Stop the search for a new manager. He's been here all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think we're all guilty of that one. It doesn't say that any of his suggestions were taken on board.
    If you tell me how to my job and I ignore you, you're still interfering.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Press reports using ""It is understood there have been occasions during this season when Tan.... " does not constitute proof.
    It's not admissible in court, but it basically means "it has been confirmed by a source or sources I can't name"

Dalman talks shit and retracts or contradicts himself. He's not to be believed

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    It’s all come from The Dark Side.
    The hypocrite board..
    Sam Hammam would sent notes to Lennie regarding subsitutions and i've actualy seen him doing it not hearsay..
    He wouls stand in the dugout barking orders to Lennie to.
    The dark side don't mention that nor was it mentioned at thr time.. Hhmmm..