+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where did the Tan interfering come from?

Re: Where did the Tan interfering come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Must be true if it came from that meeting.
    I just wanted a bit more solid evidence but by the looks not much is about it's just hearsay really

If he was I'm sure Malky would have said something

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    If he was I'm sure Malky would have said something
    Warnock isn't exactly a shrinking violet either

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You asked where the Tan interfering came from and you asked for links. Which I provided.

Personally, I think the following is pretty damning.

"It is understood there have been occasions during this season when Tan... has interfered with team matters on a matchday. Although it has not happened every week, Tan has tried to convey messages from the stand during Premier League fixtures, including suggested substitutions and tactical changes."

If you don't want to believe it, you don't have to.
    My issue with the above is it looks like it is somebody's opinion i.e it is understood... rather than a quote from a named person.

It's not admissible in court, but it basically means "it has been confirmed by a source or sources I can't name"
    Alleged to have taken place there's no proof

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Or more likely made up by the reporter because let's be honest most of the stuff in the media is made up bollox.

Why do you need proof? And why are you so keen to believe that it's not true? Do you have proof that he didn't interfere? Are there any links to any articles or suggestions that Tan never interfered? His own chairman stated this weekend that all major decisions require the rubber stamp of Tan even down to style of football.

I just wanted a bit more solid evidence but by the looks not much is about it's just hearsay really
    Gabbidon's statement is not hearsay. He gave a first hand account of something he witnessed.

Gabbidon's statement is not hearsay. He gave a first hand account of something he witnessed.
    You know what they say ...."Love Is Blind"

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Right? This thread should have been titled "I don't want to believe Tan interfered, can somebody find me a shred of evidence to ease my conscience?"

Right? This thread should have been titled "I don't want to believe Tan interfered, can somebody find me a shred of evidence to ease my conscience?"
    It reminds me of that Monty Python scene

"Yeah but apart from those things, what have the Romans ever done for us....."

Some people just don't want to see what is in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    That article for me just presses home how much our owner is out of touch with football.

He bangs on about a £10 million outlay for Cornelius. It really isn't a huge fee for a PL signing. Also a fee he and the transfer committee would have given the green light on.

You can't find anything other than hearsay

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    No love for any owner here mate. Except for my club.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    It reminds me of that Monty Python scene

"Yeah but apart from those things, what have the Romans ever done for us....."

Some people just don't want to see what is in front of them.
    I see what's in front of me. Yes Tan has messed up and yes we are going through a rough patch but some fans like to cling onto anything negative regarding the owner when half the time it's made up or just i heared rubbish.

So people on message boards whose support for the club doesn't extend much beyond attending matches can ask questions and discuss tactics but the owner who has invested at least £125m in the club can't. Is that what people are saying or have I got it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Am I missing something here or didn’t you all read the meeting with Dalman last week where he said, with his own mouth, that Tan has final say on everything, including the team’s playing style.

Rest assured you are dealing with a meddling buffoon here.
    I read that as more “the problems we have are nothing to do with me”
    I remember Dalman being quoted as stating “we need a manager that will ensure we have at least 30 attempts at goal”
    At least something like that.
    He was also all over the media when Solsjkar came here as saying he had personally picked him and chased him for a couple of months before convincing him to come to city as manager.
    Unfortunately I think every one of the board has been guilty of interfering. My “beef” with Dalman is that I am convinced that he considers himself very knowledgable on football matters

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    So people on message boards whose support for the club doesn't extend much beyond attending matches can ask questions and discuss tactics but the owner who has invested at least £125m in the club can't. Is that what people are saying or have I got it wrong?
    There some irony in what you say , perhaps the fans should buy out the man whose kept us afloat for so long?

Love the fact under performing players and managers seem to be kicked into the long grass in this thread .

I see what's in front of me. Yes Tan has messed up and yes we are going through a rough patch but some fans like to cling onto anything negative regarding the owner when half the time it's made up or just i heared rubbish.
    I said some people. I didn't name names.

You can believe it is made up or hearsay. I'll believe the several sources that have said that he interferes or at least hint at it and have no reason to lie.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    There some irony in what you say , perhaps the fans should buy out the man whose kept us afloat for so long?

Love the fact under performing players and managers seem to be kicked into the long grass in this thread .
    Under performing managers who were picked by who exactly?

Under performing players who were picked by those manager and signed off by who again?

If you picked a cowboy builder to build you a house, paid him, signed it off on completion and it collapsed the day after would you not consider yourself at least partially at fault?

I said some people. I didn't name names.

You can believe it is made up or hearsay. I'll believe the several sources that have said that he interferes or at least hint at it and have no reason to lie.
    Like who? Gabbidon? I wouldn't trust that slimey ****er who runs with the fox and the hounds..
    What other name/names do you use on hear and elsewhere?

Under performing managers who were picked by who exactly?

Under performing players who were picked by those manager and signed off by who again?

If you picked a cowboy builder to build you a house, paid him, signed it off on completion and it collapsed the day after would you not consider yourself at least partially at fault?
    The buck stops with whoever brought the manager in

You can't find anything other than hearsay
    And you can't find anything at all.

Again, the Gabbidon quote is a direct account from someone who was present. That is not hearsay.

And you can't find anything at all.

Again, the Gabbidon quote is a direct account from someone who was present. That is not hearsay.
    I don't need to find anything i wasn't the rumour starter.. Who was present then? Gabbidon?