+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Some random stats about our season so far

Some random stats about our season so far

All taken from fbref.com

Despite regular involvement from our young players, the average age of our playing personnel, weighted by minutes played, is one of the higher in the division at 27.2. Derby and Sheff Utd's average is 28.3. Only 5 sides have used more players than us this season.

Only Peterborough and Luton have a lower save percentage from shots on target at their own goal. No side has had fewer clean sheets than us this season.

We have the second worst shots on target percentage in the division, yet only 5 teams have seen shots hit the target at the other end more often than us.

We've won 126 tackles this season, average for the division. Curiously, we've been tackled and lost possession less than any other team in the division. I guess that's only down to the amount of possession we have. We do well with the number of interceptions we make.

We are among the teams who make the most crosses in the division while teams are very reluctant to put crosses into our own box.

Re: Some random stats about our season so far

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    All taken from fbref.com

Despite regular involvement from our young players, the average age of our playing personnel, weighted by minutes played, is one of the higher in the division at 27.2. Derby and Sheff Utd's average is 28.3. Only 5 sides have used more players than us this season.

Only Peterborough and Luton have a lower save percentage from shots on target at their own goal. No side has had fewer clean sheets than us this season.

We have the second worst shots on target percentage in the division, yet only 5 teams have seen shots hit the target at the other end more often than us.

We've won 126 tackles this season, average for the division. Curiously, we've been tackled and lost possession less than any other team in the division. I guess that's only down to the amount of possession we have. We do well with the number of interceptions we make.

We are among the teams who make the most crosses in the division while teams are very reluctant to put crosses into our own box.
    126 tackles ?

Well thats it then , we are doomed

Keep us updated , if that figure drops we are going to have to phone Tan

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    126 tackles ?

How could it drop?

Well either some of our younger players haven't been born yet or - the more likely scenario I might add - is that our older players are boffing some sort of elixir and lying about their age. Or..... there's an outside chance it's probably true.

I was wondering when we'd see some stats. I've missed them.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    126 tackles ?

Maybe we need some out of control old skool "hard case", to add some bite in the tackle? I say we should go over the transfer commities head and get Ampadu in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    All taken from fbref.com

I'll taker a wild guess and say no team in the Championship has scored less first half goals than us - part of me hopes that we can keep the run going today and, ludicrously, take this eye catching sequence into November.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'll taker a wild guess and say no team in the Championship has scored less first half goals than us - part of me hopes that we can keep the run going today and, ludicrously, take this eye catching sequence into November.
    Just checked through what I still call the Rothmans Football Yearbook and Derby went the longest out of the ninety two without scoring a first half league goal - they finally got one in their seventh match, we’re at twice that now and counting.

Just checked through what I still call the Rothmans Football Yearbook and Derby went the longest out of the ninety two without scoring a first half league goal - they finally got one in their seventh match, we’re at twice that now and counting.
    My grandson and me sit in the corner of the family stand, and at each game we joke about actually getting to see a first half goal (i.e one at our end). We are currently debating if we will finally get to see one before Christmas.
    The stat you have quoted is suddenly very worrying, and really brings home the seriousness of our current predicament,
    I think we have attended enough games in our time to recognise that we are looking like a team in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    My grandson and me sit in the corner of the family stand, and at each game we joke about actually getting to see a first half goal (i.e one at our end). We are currently debating if we will finally get to see one before Christmas.
    The stat you have quoted is suddenly very worrying, and really brings home the seriousness of our current predicament,
    I think we have attended enough games in our time to recognise that we are looking like a team in trouble.
    The one thing I didn’t do was say that it was last season I was checking, but I’m guessing most people would have realised that.

You have my sympathy sitting at that end of the ground, it’s not just the lack of goals in front of you, it’s the lack of anything remotely resembling a goal.

The one thing I didn’t do was say that it was last season I was checking, but I’m guessing most people would have realised that.

You have my sympathy sitting at that end of the ground, it’s not just the lack of goals in front of you, it’s the lack of anything remotely resembling a goal.
    What makes it worse, is my eyesight is a bit blurry at long distance, and being so desperate to see a City goal (any end will do now), I honestly thought Flint had scored last week and was midway through my third celebratory leap when I noticed no-one else was celebrating 🥺