+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional footballer declares that he is gay

Feedback

Re: Professional footballer declares that he is gay

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don’t take offence at anything but that is racist no two ways about it.
    In your opinion.

Who is being targeted in this little ditty?

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    You hear these songs whereas I do not. That says more about who you sit with than anything else.
    I don’t see how hearing the song has any bearing on it. You wouldn’t have thought there was anything wrong with it anyway, only banter about being English

I don’t know how many away games you’ve been too but its not like you won’t hear this shit when it’s being sung.

Feedback

We’re the same race
    Are we not?

Feedback

I don’t see how hearing the song has any bearing on it. You wouldn’t have thought there was anything wrong with it anyway, only banter about being English

I don’t know how many away games you’ve been too but its not like you won’t hear this shit when it’s being sung.
    I'll ask again, who is being targeted with this little ditty?

In your opinion.

It’s not my opinion. The song is about the English being so bad that even wearing a turban is better than being English. I’m not even discussing it any more if you can’t see that it’s not worth discussing.

You’re just a town full of p*kis is another I’ve heard sang by a large minority at Birmingham, Burnley and Bradford. No self policing there either.

You hear these songs whereas I do not. That says more about who you sit with than anything else.
    No , it's a racist chant

When the trust did a open day for the community when the new stadium opened an Indian lad told us how offensive it was to him

It's racist

In your opinion.

English people and Asian people

It’s not my opinion. The song is about the English being so bad that even wearing a turban is better than being English. I’m not even discussing it any more if you can’t see that it’s not worth discussing.

You’re just a town full of p*kis is another I’ve heard sang by a large minority at Birmingham, Burnley and Bradford. No self policing there either.
    Well you have given him a chance , best move on

Feedback

Where does it say being English is bad?

I'd rather be rich than famous. Doesn't mean I think either the rich or famous are beneath me.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    English people and Asian people
    Do you get offended when the English sing about us Welsh shagging sheep?

Do you think that's what those singing really think?

I
    Why do you think Welsh Cardiff fans are singing it?

Do you think a town full of p*kis isn’t offensive but merely laughing at the over population of those towns because they’re full?

I'd rather be rich than famous. Doesn't mean I think either the rich or famous are beneath me.
    Now you are letting your ego get in the way of accepting , after explanation , that this chant is racist

It says the English are soo bad that it would be better to be Asian ....a **** for the ignorant .....than be an English man .......the English........are even worse than the pakis !

It has clear racial overtones which is why a group of Indian cardiff city fans told us at the trust event that something should have been done about it

Now please don't be daft

Just ignore him.

Hes made himself look a right idiot. I initially thought he was joking.

Only clogdiff city could make a guys out into a race thread. FFS

I can only hope you’re being sarcastic and aren’t this dense.
    Nothing gets past you eh.

Feedback

Now you are letting your ego get in the way of accepting , after explanation , that this chant is racist

It says the English are soo bad that it would be better to be Asian ....a **** for the ignorant .....than be an English man .......the English........are even worse than the pakis !

It has clear racial overtones which is why a group of Indian cardiff city fans told us at the trust event that something should have been done about it

Now please don't be daft
    I'm not letting my ego get in the way of anything. You're the bigot sludge. you're the one who often proclaims that you hate, nay despise, 17m British people simply because they exercise their democratic right to vote a different way to you.

If you really think that anyone would prefer to be English over Indian, where the chances are you'll be one of the hundreds of millions of the Indian subclass that live in abject poverty (where poverty really means poverty), then you're nuts. Its a song sung at football. It doesn't mean as much as you think it does.

you and the likes of Croesyblue get offended at everything. There is no banter, there is no humour, just offense. And if you get offended, what next? Do all the kids in the stadium get cancer as a result? Who decides what is and is not offensive and whether it should be sung. It certainly is not you. Who decides that no one can say anything that may or may not cause offence. Again, it certainly is not you.

Feedback

Why do you think Welsh Cardiff fans are singing it?

Do you think a town full of p*kis isn’t offensive but merely laughing at the over population of those towns because they’re full?
    probably to wind up the other fans, a bit like when the English sing God Save the Queen. For some it'll have the desired affect, for the more intelligent amongst us, we'll turn the other cheek and ignore it.

Now please don't be daft
    Why do you repeat yourself over, and over, you've said this already.

I'm not letting my ego get in the way of anything. You're the bigot sludge. you're the one who often proclaims that you hate, nay despise, 17m British people simply because they exercise their democratic right to vote a different way to you.

If you really think that anyone would prefer to be English over Indian, where the chances are you'll be one of the hundreds of millions of the Indian subclass that live in abject poverty (where poverty really means poverty), then you're nuts. Its a song sung at football. It doesn't mean as much as you think it does.

you and the likes of Croesyblue get offended at everything. There is no banter, there is no humour, just offense. And if you get offended, what next? Do all the kids in the stadium get cancer as a result? Who decides what is and is not offensive and whether it should be sung. It certainly is not you. Who decides that no one can say anything that may or may not cause offence. Again, it certainly is not you.
    Did you mean the other way round?

I haven’t heard City fans singing racist songs home or away.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Nothing gets past you eh.
    It’s just you’ve got form

probably to wind up the other fans, a bit like when the English sing God Save the Queen. For some it'll have the desired affect, for the more intelligent amongst us, we'll turn the other cheek and ignore it.
    Why would it wind up English fans if it’s got nothing to do with England being bad?

The conversation isn’t about turning the other cheek or offense it’s about whether saying I’d rather wear a turban than be English is racist.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Do Brighton fans still get those songs?
    I hope so because it’s tongue & cheek humour, anyone with an ounce of sense knows that type of humour is at the heart of any gay culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I hope so because it’s tongue & cheek humour, anyone with an ounce of sense knows that type of humour is at the heart of any gay culture.
    https://www.brightonandhoveindepende...rested-1341356

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKBN1YL283

https://news.sky.com/story/west-ham-...rters-12089804

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50971696

Homophobia from straight men isn’t the heart of gay culture is it?

It's funny how we straight men laugh at the dame in a pantomime - folk like you need to lighten up.