+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Professional footballer declares that he is gay

Re: Professional footballer declares that he is gay

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    It's ok some things sink in quicker for some people than others.

You ever heard him discussing flipping the narrative - instead of listening to someone else's words and living by them, trying to fit in, he started looking at his own narrative and changing it - owning his mind and future and thoughts?

If not I can't help you there.

Dunno your Kevin reference
    Oh. You were flipping the narrative. Yes I recall that part.

I just thought you were screaming out hard man quotes acting all Internet badboy. "o do what I want bruv"

The condescending attitude doesn't suit you. You act all nice, but it's when you get slightly frustrated the mask starts to slip a little with little condescending lines. At least I'm consistent I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Oh. You were flipping the narrative. Yes I recall that part.

I just thought you were screaming out hard man quotes acting all Internet badboy. "o do what I want bruv"

The condescending attitude doesn't suit you. You act all nice, but it's when you get slightly frustrated the mask starts to slip a little with little condescending lines. At least I'm consistent I suppose.
    You don't know me son.

You don't know me son.
    0h no. The all feared "son" what 17 year old lads call their mates, their teachers, their uncles, their fathers and their work mates in the mighty Merthyr Tydfil. I am quivering.

0h no. The all feared "son" what 17 year old lads call their mates, their teachers, their uncles, their fathers and their work mates in the mighty Merthyr Tydfil. I am quivering.

Why not inspire yourself instead of looking to someone else for all your answers.

There's a good starting point.

Careful everyone he watches YouTube videos, he's a nut case.

Why not inspire yourself instead of looking to someone else for all your answers.

There's a good starting point.

Careful everyone he watches YouTube videos, he's a nut case.
    I can't imagine there having been a first time for you to encounter someone who values your opinion enough to take your advice and I certainly ain't going to be the first! You show a gleefulness to making all sorts of quick prejudgements of someone you don't know and yet call others nasty in short

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well two people have had an absolute leathering on here yet they keep coming back for more ....instead of just accepting they were wrong

Are women like this on the Internet or is it just blokes ?
    No ones had a leathering sludge. People should be free to hold different viewpoints.

I can't imagine there having been a first time for you to encounter someone who values your opinion enough to take your advice and I certainly ain't going to be the first! You show a gleefulness to making all sorts of quick prejudgements of someone you don't know and yet call others nasty in short
    There he goes again, Mr Nice with his nice comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    No ones had a leathering sludge. People should be free to hold different viewpoints.
    I can't believe you quoted and replied. He's known for making these big comments that are full of hot air. Sounds really good "you took a leathering" when in reality it was all in his head

There he goes again, Mr Nice with his nice comments.
    I never been nice here or claimed to be as far as I was aware and if I ever was you certainly wouldn't have been the intended recipient.

I never been nice here or claimed to be as far as I was aware and if I ever was you certainly wouldn't have been the intended recipient.
    The Internet badman is on a humongous roll here. Who or what can stop him #badass

What I find hard to piece together is your stance with regards how you feel Adz or any other Asian in earshot of the chant. You read this from Adz :-

"*sighs* I don’t think you will EVER understand perspectives beyond your own.

So there is a song mocking a certain type of brown people. And a lot of racists who think Sikhs as “lower” than them would view all brown people as that.

In the past, Sikh communities have been attacked. And same thing has happened to other communities of colour. From a brown perspective: it has happened to Pakistanis and Bangladeshis as well. The term used was “p*** bashing”.

As an Asian, I would feel uncomfortable hearing that chant. I would feel physically unsafe as some racists are violent and racial attacks still happen to this day.

Can’t believe that you have so much mental gymnastics to defend this. Just take a break."

And your answer wasn't maybe to apologise for the discomfort and intimidation he had clearly experienced, it was what would feel like a rather insincere "I'm not defending anyone or anything.....is it only brown people who wear turbans?"

You say in parts,
    "if you truly believe all people are equal then why does this song affect you so much?
    But for this particular song to have any meaning to you would imply you believe one is lesser than the other. if you don't believe that then its a nonsense song like hey diddle diddle.
    if he truly believes we are all equal then he must appreciate the song has no meaning

I'll ask again, why would a hindu be upset over a song about a turban?"

So what I find hard to piece together is your stance - because it would follow by your words in what I've seen here, ( granted that is limited exposure to your whole self, and without having heard your actual stance explicitly) - it would follow that you are of the opinion that if Adz is not Sikh and does not believe any persons to be lesser than him then if he finds it intimidating and indeed attacks can happen targeted to anyone of Asian skin, but because he's not Sikh because he feels all are equal on this day it's tough. He shouldn't have a problem with the chant and just suck it up if he feels in any danger. Come back another day when he feels some are inferior.

I'd never be one to say anyone takes a pasting, lively conversation is great I do note though going through the pages that the discerning voices against outweigh the seemingly equally blinkered to you.

"You're being purposely obtuse here one" user comments.

"I know you think you're being smart and operating on another level to all of us, but you should really take a step back and look at how you're coming across in this thread" another user adds.

They go on.

Professional footballer declares that he is gay

can you put your massive ego's aside for a minute and pay respect for this brave young man

You have had a right hammering on here and you fully deserve it

You have been continually told that the chant is racist by a number of posters

Yet you pathetically , even now , try to weasel your way out of your denial

But it's inescapable

You have been given the chance to hold up your hand yet your feathered ego just won't allow it

You are a bust flush sunshine , your arse has been served up on a plate , you know it but don't have the grace to admit your stupidity over this matter

Bring out your dead

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post

can you put your massive ego's aside for a minute and pay respect for this brave young man
    Well the ego of Feedback and his sidekick for sure , everyone else has been on the level

Let's tell it like it is

It is absolutely wonderful and long overdue news, an amazing feat for him personally and a brilliant step forward for all who want to live in a world where noone feels inferior - but by no means enough in the long run - we can only hope any more feel they are comfortable enough to live life as themselves out in the open soon.

It went off on a tangent, someone did ask what people think would happen if racist chanting happened down the city, and I do apologise racism is something I ****ing hate with a passion. I apologise for adding to the tangent as a consequence of the passion only before paying respect to the player in question.

I can't believe you quoted and replied. He's known for making these big comments that are full of hot air. Sounds really good "you took a leathering" when in reality it was all in his head
    You have had it just as much as he has

You first posted that so what it's only a chant sort of line

Then someone said you were clearly joking ....you were not , you were just ignorant

That was your get out clause

But bollocks to you , you are just as bad as Feedback on this matter

You carry on all you like , you had no idea this chant was racially motivated and thought you could be clever

You ain't fooling me

It is sad how we lost track of the original point of the thread.

For many people to come out, it is hard to do so. It can be such a tough experience and one that is really brave.

For Josh to come out in public and to be the only out current professional is amazing.

I hope the coming out process isn’t too tough on him and that others feel able to be themselves. Tbh I am glad for him. Much love

What I find hard to piece together is your stance with regards how you feel Adz or any other Asian in earshot of the chant. You read this from Adz :-

So there is a song mocking a certain type of brown people. And a lot of racists who think Sikhs as “lower” than them would view all brown people as that.

In the past, Sikh communities have been attacked. And same thing has happened to other communities of colour. From a brown perspective: it has happened to Pakistanis and Bangladeshis as well. The term used was “p*** bashing”.

As an Asian, I would feel uncomfortable hearing that chant. I would feel physically unsafe as some racists are violent and racial attacks still happen to this day.

Can’t believe that you have so much mental gymnastics to defend this. Just take a break."

And your answer wasn't maybe to apologise for the discomfort and intimidation he had clearly experienced, it was what would feel like a rather insincere "I'm not defending anyone or anything.....is it only brown people who wear turbans?"

You say in parts,
    "if you truly believe all people are equal then why does this song affect you so much?
    But for this particular song to have any meaning to you would imply you believe one is lesser than the other. if you don't believe that then its a nonsense song like hey diddle diddle.
    if he truly believes we are all equal then he must appreciate the song has no meaning

So what I find hard to piece together is your stance - because it would follow by your words in what I've seen here, ( granted that is limited exposure to your whole self, and without having heard your actual stance explicitly) - it would follow that you are of the opinion that if Adz is not Sikh and does not believe any persons to be lesser than him then if he finds it intimidating and indeed attacks can happen targeted to anyone of Asian skin, but because he's not Sikh because he feels all are equal on this day it's tough. He shouldn't have a problem with the chant and just suck it up if he feels in any danger. Come back another day when he feels some are inferior.

I'd never be one to say anyone takes a pasting, lively conversation is great I do note though going through the pages that the discerning voices against outweigh the seemingly equally blinkered to you.

"I know you think you're being smart and operating on another level to all of us, but you should really take a step back and look at how you're coming across in this thread" another user adds.

They go on.
    He's been booted up the arse

If it was just two people disagreeing on the context of a song ......that is clearly racist then fair enough ......but he's been snagged from all angles yet he still keeps trying to twist , Bob and weave when all he has to do is let go of his dick , engage his brain and say ....yep ....its a racist song , I had no idea it was , now I understand that it is ......

But he's far too pig headed for that so he can carry on acting like an idiot , it's become quite amusing now 😄

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    It is sad how we lost track of the original point of the thread.

For many people to come out, it is hard to do so. It can be such a tough experience and one that is really brave.

For Josh to come out in public and to be the only out current professional is amazing.

I hope the coming out process isn’t too tough on him and that others feel able to be themselves. Tbh I am glad for him. Much love
    Indeed

Are you for real? “Different viewpoints” about racism!? **** off…

What's more important? this mans sexuality or our obsession with racism?
    Let it go ffs

What's more important? this mans sexuality or our obsession with racism?
    Let it go ffs
    I vote racism

Feedback

You say in parts,

They go on.
    in the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king. Being in the minority does not make a dissenting opinion wrong.

and why should I apologise for the actions of others making some people feel uncomfortable. Have we moved to post war Germany where we have to share collective guilt. Its ludicrous to say I should feel somehow responsible. That's not to say I wouldn't intervene if I saw some kind of bigotry happening (race, sex, disability) but I've just not heard this song down the city.

Let me say this again - what happens if someone is offended by a song? Why do you feel that nobody should ever be offended ever again. The issue here is that some people in today's world really do want wrapping up in cotton wool.

watch this and tell me the joke is not funny

you can imagine some on here will descend into apoplexy after watching that. bollocks to the, learn to laugh at yourself and stop taking everything so seriously.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You have been continually told that the chant is racist by a number of posters
    a few posters have said that yes, in their opinion, it is racist.

for the 4th time of asking, any comment on your hatred of 17m Britons simply because they voted Tory?

The only good Tory is a dead Tory
    Tories are *****
    I ****ing hate Tories

words uttered by you

now replace the above with blacks/jews/muslims/gays/etc etc and suddenly you're frothing at the mouth.

you're as bigoted and one eyed as the rest of them. your opinion is given as much credence as it deserves.