+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional footballer declares that he is gay

Feedback

Re: Professional footballer declares that he is gay

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You really are making a dick out of yourself here

That song being sung gets heard by a young Indian lad working as a steward , he tells his mates , he and his mates don't come anymore

Do you think Asian people should have to listen to this song at football or rugby matches ?

Should they just ......toughen up ?

You are an idiot
    why is this young hindu getting upset about a song about turbans?

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    no one has said anything of the sort. What has been said is that people need to stop being so bloody sensitive.
    A lot of people do but not I don’t think people receiving homophobic or racist abuse need to stop being sensitive.

Do you? Or do you accept that not growing up a minority in a society where they receive a lot of abuse (often as shit banter) maybe we can’t appreciate why it is such a sensitive topic.

Sometimes it’s just easier to hold your hands up and say I don’t understand it’s bad but after hearing feedback, from people who do, accept that homophobia and racism aren’t just banter in most situations .

no one has said anything of the sort. What has been said is that people need to stop being so bloody sensitive.
    Another reason for a gay footballer not to come out, anything they say about abuse will be met with “stop being so sensitive” from the banter brigade.

Let’s be honest if you still can’t see why I’d rather wear a turban than a rose isn’t a good song to sing maybe the whole topic is a bit above you.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I can only hope you’re being sarcastic and aren’t this dense.
    He's shot himself in the foot

It's clearly a racist chant

He could easily put his hands up

Feedback

A lot of people do but not I don’t think people receiving homophobic or racist abuse need to stop being sensitive.

Do you? Or do you accept that not growing up a minority in a society where they receive a lot of abuse (often as shit banter) maybe we can’t appreciate why it is such a sensitive topic.

Sometimes it’s just easier to hold your hands up and say I don’t understand it’s bad but after hearing feedback, from people who do, accept that homophobia and racism aren’t just banter in most situations .
    where has there been homophobic and racist abuse?

Feedback

Another reason for a gay footballer not to come out, anything they say about abuse will be met with “stop being so sensitive” from the banter brigade.

Let’s be honest if you still can’t see why I’d rather wear a turban than a rose isn’t a good song to sing maybe the whole topic is a bit above you.
    because you can't win your argument with logic you resort to ad hominem. We got there in the end.

and I never said it was a good song, or a bad song. my comment was that its not racist per se, the aim is to wind up the opposition.

Feedback

He's shot himself in the foot

It's clearly a racist chant, in my opinion

He could easily put his hands up

FYP

because you can't win your argument with logic you resort to ad hominem. We got there in the end.

and I never said it was a good song, or a bad song. my comment was that its not racist per se, the aim is to wind up the opposition.
    But it is racist, I don’t even understand how it’s an argument.

Is Feedback defending "I'd rather wear a turban than a rose"?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    no.

Feedback

But it is racist, I don’t even understand how it’s an argument.
    you keep saying it is racist but you've not explained why.

Yep because he first thought people were saying it’s racist because of the English part

And then didn’t understand where it was saying England was bad.

And the whole thread is him trying to dig himself out of that first hole.

you keep saying it is racist but you've not explained why.
    It’s been explained in detail at least 10 times in this thread. I can’t believe it even needs to be explained.

why is this young hindu getting upset about a song about turbans?
    Either you are being a arse or you need educating

People with heritage from the Asian sub continent .......Indian people of Hindu, Sikh origin , Pakistani people of Muslim origin , Bangladeshis , Sri Lankan.....have always been lumped together as bloody Paksis ! .....it doesn't matter that they have different religions or customs or their grandfather's came from places thousands of miles apart........they are pakcis....they all look the same .....and the idiots who sing these songs are so ignorant they use a turban , worn by only a small minority of Asian people in this country to abuse them

It's like the idiot saying he's going down the P shop , almost all P shops in the UK are owned by Indian people , its lazy racism

Absolutely mad but someone has even written an academic paper on whether it is racist

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/...13320701658449

Spoiler alert it is, have a read of that if you really cannot grasp why it’s racist.

Lol does anyone remember when Baker introduced the first ever openly gay user to CCMB? It was very brave - true progress.

Feedback

Either you are being a arse or you need educating

People with heritage from the Asian sub continent .......Indian people of Hindu, Sikh origin , Pakistani people of Muslim origin , Bangladeshis , Sri Lankan.....have always been lumped together as bloody Paksis ! .....it doesn't matter that they have different religions or customs or their grandfather's came from places thousands of miles apart........they are pakcis....they all look the same .....and the idiots who sing these songs are so ignorant they use a turban , worn by only a small minority of Asian people in this country to abuse them

It's like the idiot saying he's going down the P shop , almost all P shops in the UK are owned by Indian people , its lazy racism
    you've garnered all of that from a song that has 9 words.

Feedback

Absolutely mad but someone has even written an academic paper on whether it is racist

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/...13320701658449

Spoiler alert it is, have a read of that if you really cannot grasp why it’s racist.
    are all academic papers the truth by default?

Do you think I’d rather be p*ki than a Turk is racist?

He's saying it's not racist

It's been explained to him it is

He's an intelligent bloke

He just has to say I can see that , thanks lads but he's not prepared to do it

The conclusion I make is either He's racist and trying to defend the song or he's not racist but no able to admit he's wrong

I hope its the latter

To be fair it wouldn't hold any of the bite it intends to if the insinuation wasn't that being English is worse than what the chanter believes everyone accepts as to be the lowest of the low; but you know that!

Feedback

Do you think I’d rather be p*ki than a Turk is racist?
    depends on whether you think either are somehow lesser than you. If you're racist, then you'll see it as a racist chant. But if you believe that all people, irrespective of race, colour or creed are equal, then how can it be?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    To be fair it wouldn't hold any of the bite it intends to if the insinuation wasn't that being English is worse than what the chanter believes everyone accepts as to be the lowest of the low; but you know that!
    the jacks aren't mentioned at all!

You are an arse , clearly

Are you an arse and a racist ? Well I don't think you are doing yourself any favours by continually arguing that the song isn't racist , who is being offended , people take offence too easily blah blah

You digging you way to Antarctica here

the jacks aren't mentioned at all!
    Indeed