+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional footballer declares that he is gay

Re: Professional footballer declares that he is gay

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    To be fair it wouldn't hold any of the bite it intends to if the insinuation wasn't that being English is worse than what the chanter believes everyone accepts as to be the lowest of the low; but you know that!
    I think he knows that but his Freudian ego won't allow him to accept it

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    depends on whether you think either are somehow lesser than you. If you're racist, then you'll see it as a racist chant. But if you believe that all people, irrespective of race, colour or creed are equal, then how can it be?
    I suppose people could be singing it for the molody. What a waste of everyone's ****ing time you ****ing idiot.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You are an arse , clearly

Are you an arse and a racist ? Well I don't think you are doing yourself any favours by continually arguing that the song isn't racist , who is being offended , people take offence too easily blah blah

You digging you way to Antarctica here
    Gabbs has hit the nail on the head. the song isn't racist per se, its designed to wind up the opposition.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I suppose people could be singing it for the molody. What a waste of everyone's ****ing time you ****ing idiot.
    temper temper. if you can't construct an argument in a lucid and coherent manner then perhaps you should leave it to those of us who are a little more civilised.

Gabbs has hit the nail on the head. the song isn't racist per se, its designed to wind up the opposition.
    No no it's racist.

I didn't understand how you couldn't see past Sludge citing a Hindu being upset and uncomfortable by it when it clearly would have the overtone that the person singing it believes *Asians*/*something Asian* to be inferior/something to detest; Indeed I'd say you were guaranteed that anyone stupid enough to sing it wouldn't know which denomination wore a turban its general tone is that hateful.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You really are making a dick out of yourself here

That song being sung gets heard by a young Indian lad working as a steward , he tells his mates , he and his mates don't come anymore

Do you think Asian people should have to listen to this song at football or rugby matches ?

Should they just ......toughen up ?

You are an idiot
    You told us once, a single post back.

Feedback

No no it's racist.

I didn't understand how you couldn't see past Sludge citing a Hindu being upset and uncomfortable by it when it clearly would have the overtone that the person singing it believes *Asians*/*something Asian* to be inferior/something to detest; Indeed I'd say you were guaranteed that anyone stupid enough to sing it wouldn't know which denomination wore a turban its general tone is that hateful.
    I'll ask again, why would a hindu be upset over a song about a turban?

I'll ask again, why would a hindu be upset over a song about a turban?
    Yeah it's lost on you, I do understand that it is, I don't understand how it is.

Feedback

Yeah it's lost on you, I do understand that it is, I don't understand how it is.
    its not lost on me at all. I'm asking why would a hindu get upset about something that has no cultural reference to them as individuals?

It's a racist song using the apparent low social standing of Asian people to wind up the opposition

It's clearly a racist song

As this thread has developed you are the only one arguing the toss that it isn't or if it is .....People should grow a pair of balls ......etc etc

You are making yourself look like a complete arsehole and coming from me that's saying something

its not lost on me at all. I'm asking why would a hindu get upset about something that has no cultural reference to them as individuals?
    You're being purposely obtuse here, it's not the Hindu's reference point, it's the welshmans.

It's clearly racist, probably not generally sung with any malice but still racist

No no it's racist.

Wasting your time here mate , it's like pushing water up hill

He just won't accept he's wrong

His pride won't allow him to do it

Yes no absolutely now I totally get your point for no-one has ever been attacked by people for their appearance matching that of someone with ancestry of the same region! No-one has ever had a kicking for merely being dark skinned!

Regions don't have cultural ties and commons! No-one is Asian, but only Kashmiri, Indonesian, Gujarati etc etc!

Indeed I'd say you were guaranteed that anyone stupid enough to sing it wouldn't know which denomination wore a turban its general tone is that hateful.
    The chant is literally spat out - gratuitously vile!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You told us once, a single post back.
    I wasn't talking to you

You are a lost cause I am afraid

depends on whether you think either are somehow lesser than you. If you're racist, then you'll see it as a racist chant. But if you believe that all people, irrespective of race, colour or creed are equal, then how can it be?
    It's not what "you" think, it's what the people who are singing it think.

You've said before that you think everyone is equal, colours and creeds etc. Which is a fair enough viewpoint, most of us will agree.

But by your logic, such a person cannot see the chant (or anything) as racist. So how would you be in a position to judge it?

Also why do you have to have a cultural reference to anything in particular to find anyone being basically spoken about as being among 'the worst of the worst' upsetting?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's not what "you" think, it's what the people who are singing it think.

You've said before that you think everyone is equal, colours and creeds etc. Which is a fair enough viewpoint, most of us will agree.

But by your logic, such a person cannot see the chant (or anything) as racist. So how would you be in a position to judge it?
    I'm not. and unless you believe that some people are lesser than others, you won't be able to judge either. Now I know your not, but it begs the question why does Sludge (who openly admits he despises 17m residents of the UK) thinks this song is racist if he truly believes we are all equal then he must appreciate the song has no meaning

Feedback

Also why do you have to have a cultural reference to anything in particular to find anyone being basically spoken about as being among 'the worst of the worst' upsetting?
    do you think either of those mentioned in the song are the worst of the worst? I don't, hence the so has no meaning to me.

do you think either of those mentioned in the song are the worst of the worst? I don't, hence the so has no meaning to me.
    This is the stupidest argument I've ever seen.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    This is the stupidest argument I've ever seen.
    really, you're the one who is inferring a great many things. if you truly believe all people are equal then why does this song affect you so much? you are the one who is placing one of those referenced in the song above the other.

I'm not. and unless you believe that some people are lesser than others, you won't be able to judge either. Now I know your not, but it begs the question why does Sludge (who openly admits he despises 17m residents of the UK) thinks this song is racist if he truly believes we are all equal then he must appreciate the song has no meaning
    So to acknowledge racism even exists, you have to accept that some people are better/lesser than others?

What the hell are you on about?

This ^ is an absolutely rubbish statement.

How I feel about either mentioned is irrelevant to understand how those singing it feel and what they intended to spew out into the world - it's wrong and it's disgusting to look the other way to those who may be affected by it - simply because you aren't one of them!

Feedback

So to acknowledge racism even exists, you have to accept that some people are better/lesser than others?

that's not what I said. racism clearly exists in many forms. But for this particular song to have any meaning to you would imply you believe one is lesser than the other. if you don't believe that then its a nonsense song like hey diddle diddle.

Feedback

This ^ is an absolutely rubbish statement.

How I feel about either mentioned is irrelevant to understand how those singing it feel and what they intended to spew out into the world - it's wrong and it's disgusting to look the other way to those who may be affected by it - simply because you aren't one of them!
    do you know the intentions of those singing the song? have you spoken to them and asked or are you making assumptions based on what you think may be the case?

No he acknowledges racism may exist but because he doesn't believe any race inferior the racism they inflict has no meaning to him and therefore can just go on.