+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Professional footballer declares that he is gay

Re: Professional footballer declares that he is gay

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    do you know the intentions of those singing the song? have you spoken to them and asked or are you making assumptions based on what you think may be the case?
    You aren't that dumb or green Toots

really, you're the one who is inferring a great many things. if you truly believe all people are equal then why does this song affect you so much? you are the one who is placing one of those referenced in the song above the other.
    The song doesn't affect me one bit, I was giving an example of racism I'd heard of football that wasn't policed.

You are chatting absolute bollocks, like seriously the worst attempt at an argument and digging oneself out of a hole I've ever seen.

I suppose it isn't surprising since you initially thought I was saying the song was wrong because it was slagging off the English.

do you know the intentions of those singing the song? have you spoken to them and asked or are you making assumptions based on what you think may be the case?
    Why else would they be singing it?

that's not what I said. racism clearly exists in many forms. But for this particular song to have any meaning to you would imply you believe one is lesser than the other. if you don't believe that then its a nonsense song like hey diddle diddle.
    I know you think you're being smart and operating on another level to all of us, but you should really take a step back and look at how you're coming across in this thread.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why else would they be singing it?
    to wind up the opposition.

I doubt any city fan is friends with Harold Shipman, although given what you have written, you probably do given you take everything at face value.

that's not what I said. racism clearly exists in many forms. But for this particular song to have any meaning to you would imply you believe one is lesser than the other. if you don't believe that then its a nonsense song like hey diddle diddle.
    So open minded your brain has fallen out.

I doubt any city fan is friends with Harold Shipman, although given what you have written, you probably do given you take everything at face value.
    And why would it wind anyone up if the song didn't imply that England were so bad that even wearing a turban was better?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I know you think you're being smart and operating on another level to all of us, but you should really take a step back and look at how you're coming across in this thread.
    I'm not trying to be smart at all. I'm offering an opinion that singing a crass song at a football match isn't racism per se. You may think it is racist, I think its puerile. Isn't it wonderful that we can have differences of opinion.

Why do they do it - among affecting the opposition - be it fans, coaches and players for whatever reason they may be upset from it for - they want to show 1. they are the sort to open their mouths and say offensive things out loud, 2. they want to express a hatred of England and people they see as wearing turbans, 3. they have very little going on between their ears.

I'm not trying to be smart at all. I'm offering an opinion that singing a crass song at a football match isn't racism per se. You may think it is racist, I think its puerile. Isn't it wonderful that we can have differences of opinion.
    One last try; is saying one race is lower than another racist?

Feedback

And why would it wind anyone up if the song didn't imply that England were so bad that even wearing a turban was better?
    I have no idea, I didn't come up with that literary masterpiece. ask the author.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Why do they do it - among affecting the opposition - be it fans, coaches and players for whatever reason they may be upset from it for - they want to show 1. they are the sort to open their mouths and say offensive things out loud, 2. they want to express a hatred of England and people they see as wearing turbans, 3. they have very little going on between their ears.
    do you think football fans believe in everything they sing?

Feedback

One last try; is saying one race is lower than another racist?
    if you need to ask that question then you're part of the problem.

I have no idea, I didn't come up with that literary masterpiece. ask the author.
    I don't need to because my reading comprehension isn't that bad.

if you need to ask that question then you're part of the problem.
    Well if it is, then that is why the song is racist.

So basically they're singing a song that might have the same meaning as "I'd rather be a hammer than a nail"? But they all decided to choose a couple of different nouns, just random ones.

Right.

So basically they're singing a song that might have the same meaning as "I'd rather be a hammer than a nail"? But they all decided to choose a couple of different nouns, just random ones.

Right.
    He has genuinley put acorss one of the worst arguments in ccmb history. Yet this still makes him look stupider:

Is that really racist? We're the sane ****ing race.

English bashing, definitely. Not racist.

And it's banter.
    But apparently he is going to self police the fans to make sure any player coming out doesnt get anything homophobic sang in the stands.

do you think football fans believe in everything they sing?
    I believe people who aren't racist don't spit out such loaded language.

Feedback

Right.
    I don't think they're random at all. They're picking the English because we're playing an English football team.

I don't think they're random at all. They're picking the English because we're playing an English football team.
    But the turban, is random?

Feedback

I believe people who aren't racist don't spit out such loaded language.
    do you think city fans are really friends with Harold Shipman? We both know the answer, and we both know football fans sing songs in the comfort of the safety net of being at the match in numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by feedback
    And it's banter

do you think city fans are really friends with Harold Shipman? We both know the answer, and we both know football fans sing songs in the comfort of the safety net of being at the match in numbers.
    Would you sing "I'd rather wear a turban than a rose"?

Amazing. You therefore can chant racism but not be racist.

F***ing hell mate.

Feedback

But the turban, is random?
    who knows. if this song ever does rear its head when watching the city, why not ask those singing it what it means to them. I reckon most if not all hadn't really given it that much thought as to what they are singing.